Powered by Outside

CT Riding

PB Forum :: USA - East
CT Riding
Posted: Dec 25, 2021 at 4:22 Quote
Cant dig anything good without some strava heads eventually blowing up your spot nowadays. DEEP folks happy to tear down anything fun.

Posted: Dec 25, 2021 at 5:20 Quote
stonant wrote:
Cant dig anything good without some strava heads eventually blowing up your spot nowadays. DEEP folks happy to tear down anything fun.

Yeah, and then there are people who try to sabotage features. I’ve built a bit of stuff on the case pond side of case and I’ve seen so much of the stuff I’ve built made really dangerous. Like someone took one side off a up-down skinny! You couldn’t see the other side so it was made into an OTB trap pretty much.

Posted: Jan 4, 2022 at 9:01 Quote
freeridejerk888 wrote:
lol at you don’t have legit DJs in Stamford. You don’t know the right people it seems.

Yes it would be sick but don’t let NEMBA get a part of it or it will really suck to try to do anything. They failed really bad at the pump track in Norwalk. They love to have meetings and do nothing.

SMH... Don't be a muppett and talk about things that don't exist online, creates rumors, people go looking, and then there are real issues.

No one put any effort into a Norwalk pump track. Stamford there was a full plan presented for Scofield Ave. Refuse Area redevelopment and it got tabled by the P&R committee.

O+
Posted: Jan 4, 2022 at 15:49 Quote
Runerider wrote:
freeridejerk888 wrote:
lol at you don’t have legit DJs in Stamford. You don’t know the right people it seems.

Yes it would be sick but don’t let NEMBA get a part of it or it will really suck to try to do anything. They failed really bad at the pump track in Norwalk. They love to have meetings and do nothing.

SMH... Don't be a muppett and talk about things that don't exist online, creates rumors, people go looking, and then there are real issues.

No one put any effort into a Norwalk pump track. Stamford there was a full plan presented for Scofield Ave. Refuse Area redevelopment and it got tabled by the P&R committee.

When you can see somthing from a major road it’s not really a secret anymore is it. The reason it the Norwalk pump track failed is that was headed by the nemba. The we do meetings and don’t take action corp.

Posted: Jan 4, 2022 at 17:35 Quote
freeridejerk888 wrote:
Runerider wrote:
freeridejerk888 wrote:

When you can see somthing from a major road it’s not really a secret anymore is it. The reason it the Norwalk pump track failed is that was headed by the nemba. The we do meetings and don’t take action corp.

Well then stop bitching and get it done. It sounds like you know exactly how to push a public pump track through at a town or state park. We are all counting on you.

Posted: Jan 4, 2022 at 18:19 Quote
Nemba might have the support to get stuff done if they didn’t suck. I would never spend my free time advocating for a group of people who only want to make XC trails.

O+
Posted: Jan 4, 2022 at 18:33 Quote
bill-curran wrote:
freeridejerk888 wrote:
Runerider wrote:

Well then stop bitching and get it done. It sounds like you know exactly how to push a public pump track through at a town or state park. We are all counting on you.

I’m actually doing that right now for another town. It’s not that hard at all. Too many politics with you people

Posted: Jan 4, 2022 at 20:12 Quote
stonant wrote:
Nemba might have the support to get stuff done if they didn’t suck. I would never spend my free time advocating for a group of people who only want to make XC trails.

Depends on the chapter unfortunately.

Posted: Jan 5, 2022 at 4:05 Quote
DHhack wrote:
stonant wrote:

Depends on the chapter unfortunately.

Yeah Quiet Corner NEMBA seems pretty good.

Posted: Jan 5, 2022 at 6:21 Quote
Wow too much hate for NEMBA.
Have you been to Rock house Hill ?
Like it or not you still have to appreciate the amount of work they did there?
And after a huge storm they are the people out clearing all the downed trees on the trails you ride on.
You don't have to love em but they deserve some credit for the work they do IMO

Posted: Jan 5, 2022 at 9:09 Quote
redman733 wrote:
Wow too much hate for NEMBA.
Have you been to Rock house Hill ?
Like it or not you still have to appreciate the amount of work they did there?
And after a huge storm they are the people out clearing all the downed trees on the trails you ride on.
You don't have to love em but they deserve some credit for the work they do IMO

Some within do good work and get the credit they deserve. Mostly it’s a bunch of Sierra Club wannabes on bikes.

Looking at the organization overall, they pretty much suck and don’t get my money anymore. Any trail org that wants to cut in some trail but not bother with any of the infrastructure that goes with that because they don’t want to be liable isn’t worth a damn thing. Trailhead maps, signs for the trails, parking, organized trail building/maintaining days and so forth are just ignored by them. When you give them a hard time it’s “coming in spring” and change the subject.

My local example is Mooween; 3+ years since the trails were “built” (mostly twisty XC going from small rock feature to small rock feature - feels like that secret trail a kid would rake and ride behind a school) and still no parking lot (locals love that), no map at the trailheads, no trail signage and no on site explanation what the colored markers mean.

Cleaning up the trails you say? That’s almost always a handful of local riders, in some spots DEEP must do the chainsaw work and most other locals have said screw it and do it themselves. I do almost all of my trail riding at Mooween and Grayville and I end up doing a lot of work at both (deadfall and blowdowns at Mooween and reviving older big hit lines at Grayville) and I know who to contact if it is too big for me to do solo (no chainsaw).

Posted: Jan 5, 2022 at 9:13 Quote
Sounds like what we need is to start our own trail organization but I doubt many are willing to put in the work to do so.

Posted: Jan 5, 2022 at 10:25 Quote
dualcrownscottspark wrote:
Sounds like what we need is to start our own trail organization but I doubt many are willing to put in the work to do so.

That’s what North Conway NH did.

Posted: Jan 5, 2022 at 12:41 Quote
Seriously though, why not get a group together here! I know Tolland County/Hartford County could definitely use some more quality trails that get maintained. I mean I think it really is all of CT that needs that. I want something other than flat and relatively boring tech trails. I'd say Norbrook is really the only place in CT with that, and I don't believe NEMBA has any say in what happens there.

Posted: Jan 5, 2022 at 14:51 Quote
dualcrownscottspark wrote:
Seriously though, why not get a group together here! I know Tolland County/Hartford County could definitely use some more quality trails that get maintained. I mean I think it really is all of CT that needs that. I want something other than flat and relatively boring tech trails. I'd say Norbrook is really the only place in CT with that, and I don't believe NEMBA has any say in what happens there.

Norbrook is private land. The trails are mostly there to promote the brewery.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013630
Mobile Version of Website