Powered by Outside

Trails in progress, show us your building skill.

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Trails in progress, show us your building skill.
Posted: Feb 21, 2013 at 14:42 Quote
You could build a "little the in between of the jump," with wood

Posted: Feb 21, 2013 at 14:43 Quote
Or just learn to be a man and hit gap jumps. LOL.

Posted: Feb 21, 2013 at 14:54 Quote
I think I'll just leave it as it is and pelt straight at it next time im there I think it kinda screws you up the moment you imagine crashing

Posted: Feb 21, 2013 at 14:56 Quote
Yea, just hit it with a gap. Whats the problem? If the jumps are close to decent built you will make it.

If you dont lack of talent, like major, but then the gaps should be your least concern.

Posted: Feb 21, 2013 at 16:00 Quote
adamlaycock wrote:
Or you ditch and try again if you know youre casing bad

I just brace for impact

Posted: Feb 22, 2013 at 9:12 Quote
i thought i would let you all know how crap the weather where i am is at the moment, hopefully it might make you appreciate the weather you've got. over the last month and a half it stated with about ten days off snowy weather and freezing cold conditions. after this is pretty much rained for 3 weeks straight meaning it was near enough impossible to dig because t was so muddy and sticky, then it became sunny just as a broke up for school holidays so i got a couple of days digging done just fixing the jumps and buffering and packing the section i'm working on at the moment. then i was busy doing other stuff for two days then i came back today and the jumps were frozen solid and any dirt that had been packed was like rock but when i arrived some of the edges and corners on the jumps were looking dry and were starting to crumble so i watered the edges and the face of a landing but the face just turned muddy so i raked the mud over the face in hope it would smoothen out the face i still persevered and managed to shape and pack another jump but when i went back to see how the face i had made muddy planning to buffer it i couldn't because the mud had frozen solid on the face

moral of the story i should move to somewhere with better weather

Posted: Feb 22, 2013 at 11:27 Quote
At least you can maintain yours. Mine are entombed under about a foot of snow.

Posted: Feb 22, 2013 at 15:20 Quote
Rambo1501 wrote:
Get a deer skull.

Hater.

Posted: Feb 22, 2013 at 15:25 Quote
haighd2 wrote:
scrippsranchDJ wrote:
It's self inflicted rage. Every builder knows it. You can only get away with it for so long.

Your attitude really sucks. Brockham would be ploughed by now if I thought like that.

After reading through this little bout, gotta say, dude you're an idiot.

He's just being realistic that everything is finite. Jumps are eventually torn down, and he's not trying to kid himself. Does that mean he'd let all his blood, sweat and tears be taken away without even a fight? If you can't figure that answer out by yourself, you really have no place in this thread.

We've all dealt with jumps being destroyed or taken down. We move on and make new jumps. C'est la vie.

Posted: Feb 22, 2013 at 16:52 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Rambo1501 wrote:
Get a deer skull.

Hater.

I wish, I had trails to put a skull on, Im no hater

Posted: Feb 22, 2013 at 17:57 Quote
Getting closer to finishing this mound of dirt
photo
photo

Posted: Feb 23, 2013 at 3:38 Quote
scrippsranchDJ wrote:
photo
photo

how high is the takeoff?

Posted: Feb 23, 2013 at 6:54 Quote
scrippsranchDJ wrote:
photo
photo
sweet man

Posted: Feb 23, 2013 at 10:57 Quote
[Quote="jamesinator98"]
scrippsranchDJ wrote:

how high is the takeoff?

About 5.5 feet, landing is around 6.5 from the bottom. Still have to test it, which I'm pretty sure will work for a couple days then we'll stack the landing a foot higher and farther out.

Posted: Feb 23, 2013 at 11:16 Quote
I rode the trails today haha in february!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.023271
Mobile Version of Website