CT Riding

PB Forum :: USA - East
CT Riding
Posted: Mar 25, 2022 at 8:27 Quote
I hear that. When I started out I had a Benny's whatever speed and it worked well. I never broke anything, but I didn't ride that hard. Back then it seemed a 2-3k bike was the absolute top end. Now its the starting point for many. Its not a big deal, just sticker shocked.

Posted: Nov 9, 2022 at 19:56 Quote
Is there absolutely any downhill over in/near Fairfield county? Free stuff too, not lift operated. I'd assume my closest bet is trumbull (indiand ledge) as I'm yet to check out upper paugusset and waldo.

Posted: Nov 10, 2022 at 6:02 Quote
All of the places you listed are not downhill, but Trumbull has lots of features.

Posted: Nov 10, 2022 at 6:52 Quote
stonant wrote:
All of the places you listed are not downhill, but Trumbull has lots of features.
but is there anything at all?

O+
Posted: Nov 10, 2022 at 7:46 Quote
MarktheShark824 wrote:
Is there absolutely any downhill over in/near Fairfield county? Free stuff too, not lift operated. I'd assume my closest bet is trumbull (indiand ledge) as I'm yet to check out upper paugusset and waldo.

Trout brook has the worst trails but longest dh (maybe 2 mins). The rest maybe have 30 seconds to 45.

Posted: Nov 10, 2022 at 10:27 Quote
MarktheShark824 wrote:
stonant wrote:
but is there anything at all?

Trumbull has good trails and amazing features, but the longest downhill you're going to get is probably 30 seconds. Other than that all I know about is powder ridge.
The park right next to me called twin brooks has some good trails as well and the downhill is alright, there are 2 trails there that will get you about 1;30 downhill. Me and my friends are starting to build features there as well.

Posted: Nov 12, 2022 at 18:51 Quote
Does anybody know of any recent building at Case? New stuff?

Posted: Dec 1, 2022 at 6:22 Quote
sheplivingston wrote:

There's a cool new line that popped up recently on the buckingham reservoir side:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aG8nz9SdwB0

Posted: Dec 4, 2022 at 15:20 Quote
freeridejerk888 wrote:
MarktheShark824 wrote:

Trout brook has the worst trails but longest dh (maybe 2 mins). The rest maybe have 30 seconds to 45.

Yeah, stay away from those horrible Troutbrook trails.

7 up/7 down and the Red descent off Handcuffs at Bennett are legit and 600’ of DH. If you want to push back up dropping down to the Gun club lot is steep and fast.

Posted: Dec 4, 2022 at 17:00 Quote
ghsteen wrote:
sheplivingston wrote:

There's a cool new line that popped up recently on the buckingham reservoir side:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aG8nz9SdwB0

Yeah. I've ridden that. It's pretty gnarly in person but it is fun.

Posted: Dec 20, 2022 at 13:42 Quote
Runerider wrote:
freeridejerk888 wrote:
MarktheShark824 wrote:

Yeah, stay away from those horrible Troutbrook trails.

7 up/7 down and the Red descent off Handcuffs at Bennett are legit and 600’ of DH. If you want to push back up dropping down to the Gun club lot is steep and fast.

Bennet as in the one by Ridgefield kinda?

Posted: Jul 21, 2023 at 14:17 Quote
Can confirm, Bennett is good.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012367
Mobile Version of Website