Giant trance?

PB Forum :: Giant
Giant trance?
Posted: Jul 9, 2014 at 12:09 Quote
Kamao wrote:
Kamao wrote:
WonderAnt10 wrote:

No you don't, you just need an adjustable wrench and a Allen key set.

Thanks. I think ill give it a go.

I just tried, and im not done yet. LOL!

The Monarch Plus comes with DU bushings installed, but it doesnt need the lower DU bushing, so I have to remove it, but I dont have the tools. It means more waiting before I can ride my bike.
your LBS should be able to help you with that. I totally forgot a out that minor detail.

Posted: Jul 9, 2014 at 12:23 Quote
Kamao wrote:
Kamao wrote:
WonderAnt10 wrote:

No you don't, you just need an adjustable wrench and a Allen key set.

Thanks. I think ill give it a go.

I just tried, and im not done yet. LOL!

The Monarch Plus comes with DU bushings installed, but it doesnt need the lower DU bushing, so I have to remove it, but I dont have the tools. It means more waiting before I can ride my bike.
Same thing with my Trance and Monarch and my Reign and Vivid Air.

Posted: Jul 9, 2014 at 15:00 Quote
all giant bike are like that

Posted: Jul 9, 2014 at 15:32 Quote
Does anyone know the actual reach measurements for the Giant Trance 27.5?

Posted: Jul 9, 2014 at 17:02 Quote
mtnbkrforlife wrote:
It should be able to handle drops that size already with ease. I have a 2014 Trance 1 with a Pike (rest is pretty much stock except a few minor things) and its seen 7-8 foot drops. I'll be uploading the gopro video as proof sometime. Coming from a downhill background I honestly think Trances are under estimated. They can handle a lot. Seems like people aren't aware of what some of the newer trail/all mountain bikes are truely capable of (I'm mostly talking about the kids who buy downhill sleds just cuz they might go down a hill sometime in their life). What model trance to you have though? That would help me and others help you!

I have the x1 (26" version (2013))

Posted: Jul 9, 2014 at 18:21 Quote
mtnbkrforlife wrote:
It should be able to handle drops that size already with ease. I have a 2014 Trance 1 with a Pike (rest is pretty much stock except a few minor things) and its seen 7-8 foot drops. I'll be uploading the gopro video as proof sometime. Coming from a downhill background I honestly think Trances are under estimated. They can handle a lot. Seems like people aren't aware of what some of the newer trail/all mountain bikes are truely capable of (I'm mostly talking about the kids who buy downhill sleds just cuz they might go down a hill sometime in their life). What model trance to you have though? That would help me and others help you!

and yeah you should post that video! Wink

Posted: Jul 9, 2014 at 20:09 Quote
The specs look pretty good in my opinion. You're bike will be fine on those kinds of drops but for future upgrades I would swap out the wheels and the fork. I'm not saying they're weak spots on the bike but there are better options. The wheels are solid but they aren't the strongest or lightest or stiffest. I've seen pictures of bent ones but any rim would bend or break at some point. I have the 27.5 version on mine and they seem to hold up well. The fork is not bad at all either but if you're really going to be pushing the bike a burlier fork with thicker stanchions might help stiffen up the front and make the bike hold a line a little better.

Here's a quick vid. Now that I think about it the drop is more on the 6 to 7 foot mark depending on how far you took it. But still, for a bike with 140mm rear and 160mm up front the Trance handled it well. Yeah I bottomed out but the landing wasn't too rough. I'm sure the bike could handle bigger stuff no problem
Views: 628    Faves: 0    Comments: 3

Posted: Jul 10, 2014 at 20:10 Quote
does the Trance have the ability to be run as DH bike on occasion? I wouldnt mind doing a few local DH races but really don't know if I actually need to have a full time DH rig.

As anyone raced or just ridden there Trance on DH courses?

Posted: Jul 10, 2014 at 20:58 Quote
jbailey wrote:
does the Trance have the ability to be run as DH bike on occasion? I wouldnt mind doing a few local DH races but really don't know if I actually need to have a full time DH rig.

I'd imagine it would depend on the race course. I raced a course last year that required a lot of pedaling and less technical skill and I felt my downhill bike was sluggish on it. I actually noticed a few of the pro category guys were using enduro style bikes which I'm sure helped. If I have the time this summer I might try mine out in a downhill race or two. I have taken my Trance to gravity bike parks and I honestly had more fun than my downhill bike on the green and blue rated trails. Yes the Trance could handle the black diamonds but using a downhill bike would be more comfortable. The extra travel just adds more cushion and is more forgiving

Posted: Jul 11, 2014 at 3:50 Quote
Dropping by to mention that I picked up a Trance x3 2013 model. Perfect do-it-all bike where I live. So far I've averaged ~200-300km a week.

Posted: Jul 11, 2014 at 6:19 Quote
jbailey wrote:

Does this help answer your question? Razz
Views: 1,175    Faves: 4    Comments: 8

Posted: Jul 11, 2014 at 6:39 Quote
What stem you have on there? 50mm?

WonderAnt10 wrote:
jbailey wrote:

Posted: Jul 11, 2014 at 7:01 Quote
MTBNiagara wrote:

WonderAnt10 wrote:
jbailey wrote:

Yes a 50mm Atlas Stem.

Posted: Jul 13, 2014 at 9:06 Quote
Yeah that sure does. That is sweet. Looks like I should have no issues riding mine on some DH courses here in Ontario then.
thanks for posting that video. Is Bromont in Quebec?

MTBNiagara wrote:

WonderAnt10 wrote:
jbailey wrote:

Posted: Jul 13, 2014 at 9:17 Quote
jbailey wrote:
Yeah that sure does. That is sweet. Looks like I should have no issues riding mine on some DH courses here in Ontario then.
thanks for posting that video. Is Bromont in Quebec?

MTBNiagara wrote:

WonderAnt10 wrote:

Yes it is, about an hour out of Montreal.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.025585
Mobile Version of Website