what's with all the bad toward Stinkys

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
what's with all the bad toward Stinkys
Posted: Jul 28, 2009 at 19:21 Quote
Unhallowed wrote:
thomasz wrote:
Unhallowed wrote:
Kona's are entry-mid lvl bikes. Nobody really disagrees with this.
So is it fair to assume that the MAJORITY of Kona owners are going to be entry-min lvl skill? Fairly sure Most of the broken Kona's are from people being idiots and doing things that the bike was never designed for, and in those circumstances not JUST Kona's would break.

I've seen some old 888's snap like twigs while the wheels were taco'd and the Kona frame was perfectly fine.

I rode Kona's for years, they were super fun bikes. Suspension is simple and reliable. And id TUNED PROPERLY they feel great. They are not engineered to be super high performance bikes, if you buy one thinking they are then your an idiot.

A MEN!
Actually it's amen. Wink
Very sorry.

Posted: Jul 28, 2009 at 19:24 Quote
thomasz wrote:
Unhallowed wrote:
thomasz wrote:

A MEN!
Actually it's amen. Wink
Very sorry.
You're bike is sexy, so it's all good.

Posted: Jul 28, 2009 at 19:36 Quote
brett878 wrote:
vexcom wrote:
brett878 wrote:

you still see people us stinky as dh bike
yeah but cause a stinky is a very well round bike and your comparing it to a demo witch is a dh bike no duhh that a demo is better then a stinky

ok let compare it to a freeride bike its still not as good as a demo 7 or shores

I would compare it more to a bighit!

Posted: Jul 28, 2009 at 19:43 Quote
For the record. Norco licenses the FSR from Spesh so the norcos are just spesh's basically.
And I really gotta remind you all of the fact that 90% of the norco fleet was recalled because they were breaking. Wink

Just mentioning it.

Posted: Jul 28, 2009 at 19:44 Quote
Unhallowed wrote:
For the record. Norco licenses the FSR from Spesh so the norcos are just spesh's basically.
Are you serious?

Posted: Jul 28, 2009 at 19:55 Quote
I know about the FSR license, I was referring to the second clause of your sentence.

Posted: Jul 28, 2009 at 19:57 Quote
I exaggerate for dramatic effect. But if you use a different companies designs, it doesn't count as "progressive" or "forward thinking" or etc. People say Norcos have a better susp design. No, Specialized does.

Posted: Jul 28, 2009 at 20:13 Quote
Stinkies are reliable, simple, and strong machines. You can't compare a stinky to a demo 7/8/9 or a shore 1 or a glory DH. Those bikes are, mm, three grand more? I think that has been ignored. And like everyone else says, the only reason people say they break easy is because there are way more of them than an SX trail or Norco Shore. And BTW the shore has Domain shocks! What the hell norco?

Posted: Jul 28, 2009 at 20:23 Quote
Robbie Bourdon. Thats all there is to say about that.

Posted: Jul 28, 2009 at 20:40 Quote
louiscritchie wrote:
Stinkies are reliable, simple, and strong machines. You can't compare a stinky to a demo 7/8/9 or a shore 1 or a glory DH. Those bikes are, mm, three grand more? I think that has been ignored. And like everyone else says, the only reason people say they break easy is because there are way more of them than an SX trail or Norco Shore. And BTW the shore has Domain shocks! What the hell norco?

its more like the big hit!

Posted: Jul 29, 2009 at 15:00 Quote
fergsixtysix wrote:
So specialized is king cause Sam Hill rides for them now? Ignorance is bliss, its the rider not the bike. They are entry level bikes, not some race machine. They are built like tanks and dont corner well but it doesnt matter cause they are freeride bikes. They have some commmon problems like the derailers going into the spokes and wrecking the wheel, but bottom line is you get a pretty good spec. list for what you pay compared to other bikes.

Posted: Jul 29, 2009 at 15:02 Quote
dirtbiker327 wrote:
fergsixtysix wrote:
So specialized is king cause Sam Hill rides for them now? Ignorance is bliss, its the rider not the bike.
Robbie Bourdon rode an old beat up kona at rampage a few years back and it survived some stuff 99% of PB wouldn't even think of doing.

Speaking of ignorance... Wink

O+
Posted: Jul 29, 2009 at 15:04 Quote
dirtbiker327 wrote:
fergsixtysix wrote:
So specialized is king cause Sam Hill rides for them now? Ignorance is bliss, its the rider not the bike. They are entry level bikes, not some race machine. They are built like tanks and dont corner well but it doesnt matter cause they are freeride bikes. They have some commmon problems like the derailers going into the spokes and wrecking the wheel, but bottom line is you get a pretty good spec. list for what you pay compared to other bikes.
I had an intense m1 that threw the deraileur into the spokes all the time. Was it a bad bike? No. Stinkys are a huck bike, not a race bike. So go huck 'em, that's what they're for. And they work just fine. There are a lot of guys rolling 5 year old stinkys still......

Posted: Jul 30, 2009 at 8:49 Quote
hambone2 wrote:
louiscritchie wrote:

its more like the big hit!
EXACTLZY

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011571
Mobile Version of Website