croteauj wrote:
when is the dam fat tire race

March 16

Posted: Mar 7, 2008 at 20:39 Quote
croteauj wrote:
when is the dam fat tire race

16th i think

Posted: Mar 9, 2008 at 16:53 Quote
Anybody know what the course is gonna be like? Same as last year through the terrain park I'm guessing? Would be cool if they changed it up and went with something new.

Mod
Posted: Mar 9, 2008 at 17:01 Quote
I would assume it is the same course as always. Kind of starts where the T-bar ends, you pedal through a couple gates until you come to where the drop used to be with the transition (not too sure if that drop/jump is still there) and you can choose to hit it or go around it, and then you have the table jump and then the gate at the spine and then the finish line. It seems like it has been the same way since 2003. There is only so much COP can do with the resources they have and since COP is open until like 5 on Sunday and then the snow races start at 7, I doubt they have time to do anything else other than put the gates in and mark off the two tables to the right of the smallest one. Oh well, it offers a little taste of biking prior to the season starting.

Posted: Mar 9, 2008 at 17:24 Quote
Well two years ago they hosted two fat tire races, the second one was on a border cross style track they had built, a bunch of big burmed turns and some tabletop jumps. Would have been great fun if it wasn't in april and rained like an hour prior to the event. Needless to say it was a slushy gong show, still a good time though.

O+
Posted: Mar 24, 2008 at 20:46 Quote
Fat tire was good now just hope the summer will be good!

Posted: Mar 25, 2008 at 7:54 Quote
Heard a rumour - yes, maybe just that! However if it's true, us Calgary riders will be super psyched. COP last fall had some "gravity logic" jackets milling about the park and they may just be coming back with designed plans to re-build the COP MTB park? Imagine that! Flowy trails, tables, wood, NEW stuff and a solid designed layout for the dirt jumps and practice area - maybe even one that gets the least effected from the winds. One can only hope that this will be a reality - we know that COP needs this kind of thing and so do we Calgarians'.

O+
Posted: Mar 25, 2008 at 9:32 Quote
i though of an idea, what if calgary got an indoor MTB park? like get an old whearhouse and then make one there... anyone think that would work?

Posted: Mar 25, 2008 at 10:14 Quote
bayrak wrote:
i though of an idea, what if calgary got an indoor MTB park? like get an old whearhouse and then make one there... anyone think that would work?
With real estate prices the way they are in town, I would have to say the chances of that happening are between slim to never.

O+
Posted: Mar 25, 2008 at 11:17 Quote
what if we like raised money?

Posted: Mar 25, 2008 at 12:41 Quote
bayrak wrote:
I like raised money! But would you be able to get enough of it?
To buy a warehouse you probably need at least a million or two. I know. I rent warehouses and we get 5000.00 a month for a place that would be way too small for a park.

Posted: Mar 25, 2008 at 14:39 Quote
bayrak wrote:

you'd have to sell a f*ckload of girlguide cookie to get that kind of money.

I heard that they were supposed to have a foam pit at cop last year but that never happened, has anyone heard anything about them getting one last year?

Posted: Mar 25, 2008 at 16:50 Quote
acephale wrote:
Heard a rumour - yes, maybe just that! However if it's true, us Calgary riders will be super psyched. COP last fall had some "gravity logic" jackets milling about the park and they may just be coming back with designed plans to re-build the COP MTB park? Imagine that! Flowy trails, tables, wood, NEW stuff and a solid designed layout for the dirt jumps and practice area - maybe even one that gets the least effected from the winds. One can only hope that this will be a reality - we know that COP needs this kind of thing and so do we Calgarians'.

That would be awesome, the trails are just not flowy enough IMO, its all start and stop. The downhill is the only trail you can pin it down from start to stop, as long as you don't run over one of the many groms on supercycles that stare at you blankly like a deer caught in headlights as you call rider when you got to pass them.

O+
Posted: Mar 25, 2008 at 17:32 Quote
what going on with milly?

people are saying its getting torn down!

whats the real deal?

Posted: Mar 25, 2008 at 17:56 Quote
olliee wrote:
what going on with milly?

people are saying its getting torn down!

whats the real deal?

I highly doubt it, for the money the city spent on building the park, something very drastic would have to occur for it to get torn down.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.140114
Mobile Version of Website