Powered by Outside

Halfords are crap.

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Halfords are crap.
Posted: Jan 4, 2009 at 9:45 Quote
Cycles Uk are just as bad. My mate showed his brother the Kona Stinky Primo they have in there. On hearing that he new what the bike was, the shop keeper behind the til just wondered over and gave him a job application form even though he didn't ask for one nor wanted one.

Posted: Jan 4, 2009 at 9:45 Quote
Hahaha

I'm from Norway and work in a bike shop but I didn't know what the f*ck halfords was. So I went on their website and nearly pissed myself laughing. Shit dude!!! Their apollo(?) bike are SO crappy!! Gives me the creeps....

Posted: Jan 4, 2009 at 9:46 Quote
DirtJumper2k8 wrote:
I took my DK in there to ask for new headset bearings, they just said they dont have what i need and i need to buy a whole new headset Confused , so i just left it

Unfortunaly that is the one downside I can find with Halfords (and I work in one...). We just dont stock parts like that. But as said a LONG time ago, the service/skill/parts in each store depends a lot. For example the store I work in, the head mech is one of the most skilled in the area and extremaly good at teaching people, while a nearby store keeps getting hundreds (no joking) of complaints due to poor full timers and clueless part timers.

Posted: Jan 4, 2009 at 10:09 Quote
dobby wrote:
DirtJumper2k8 wrote:
I took my DK in there to ask for new headset bearings, they just said they dont have what i need and i need to buy a whole new headset Confused , so i just left it

Unfortunaly that is the one downside I can find with Halfords (and I work in one...). We just dont stock parts like that. But as said a LONG time ago, the service/skill/parts in each store depends a lot. For example the store I work in, the head mech is one of the most skilled in the area and extremaly good at teaching people, while a nearby store keeps getting hundreds (no joking) of complaints due to poor full timers and clueless part timers.
same here-i work in the drakehouse sheffield store and there is only like me and a couple of others that know there stuff,the stuff we stock is crap exept for very little like gt-85 and muk off which i can get very cheap. i order stuff and get it cheap too

Posted: Jan 4, 2009 at 10:36 Quote
sd52bad wrote:
I went up to Halfords today for a puncture kit and a couple of spair inner tubes, and the tubes are all fine, cheap too. But I get to the checkout and the woman tells me I need to be over 18 to buy a puncture repair kit Mad

WTF?! whats happening to the world ...

maybe cos of the glue?

being a possible solvent Razz

Posted: Jan 4, 2009 at 10:37 Quote
Yeah thats what I was thinking but its still pretty OTT

Posted: Jan 4, 2009 at 10:41 Quote
Nzide wrote:
sd52bad wrote:
I went up to Halfords today for a puncture kit and a couple of spair inner tubes, and the tubes are all fine, cheap too. But I get to the checkout and the woman tells me I need to be over 18 to buy a puncture repair kit Mad

maybe cos of the glue?

being a possible solvent Razz

The glue is a solvent but smells bloody nice! But it is a bit OTT, and it only being a puncture repair kit, I just dont bother with the Over 18 thing for repair kits when selling them.

Posted: Jan 4, 2009 at 11:05 Quote
hellogiantstp wrote:
Cycles Uk are just as bad. My mate showed his brother the Kona Stinky Primo they have in there. On hearing that he new what the bike was, the shop keeper behind the til just wondered over and gave him a job application form even though he didn't ask for one nor wanted one.

Lol, that does suck, but my local Cycles UK is amazing. By far the best shop in my area, im a big regular there and i get discount stuff, the manager built my wheel for free for me, and the products are great there. Guess it depends on who works there, all the guys at my one have been riding and building for years.

Posted: Jan 4, 2009 at 13:59 Quote
yeah they suck ,if only helen gaskell could talk sense in to some the clueless idiots that work there

Posted: Jan 4, 2009 at 15:05 Quote
sd52bad wrote:

Yeah, it's ridiculous, I tried to buy one of those Allen/Hex key sets from Poundland/Poundworld. Apperntly I needed to be 21 to buy tools!

WTF?!

Posted: Jan 4, 2009 at 15:30 Quote
Please read the rules. Bashing on shops is against them.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009842
Mobile Version of Website