Show me your Banshee Scream builds!

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Show me your Banshee Scream builds!
Posted: Jul 23, 2014 at 10:55 Quote
SX99 wrote:
Carrot-Top wrote:
SX99 wrote:
Time to rehash an old thread. Does anyone know the different geometry settings for the V2 frame? This is my second season on my Scream and I still can't seem to get synced up with it. I ride lift access only and I need some recommendations on best setup. Been looking for 2 days and can't find geometry info anywhere.

I'd recommend having it in the 7" travel setting and longest wheelbase position. If you're using an 8" fork, this will give the bike a 65 degree head angle, 14.5" BB height, and 45.5+" wheelbase depending on what size frame you have.

There used to be a geometry chart somewhere on the internet, but I can't find it anymore.

Thanks for the info man that actually helped a lot. Did you have to add links to the chain to put it on the longest wheelbase?

I didn't need to add links to my chain because it was long enough, but if yours is really short, then it might be a good idea.

Posted: Jul 25, 2014 at 19:27 Quote
Carrot-Top wrote:
SX99 wrote:
Carrot-Top wrote:

I'd recommend having it in the 7" travel setting and longest wheelbase position. If you're using an 8" fork, this will give the bike a 65 degree head angle, 14.5" BB height, and 45.5+" wheelbase depending on what size frame you have.

There used to be a geometry chart somewhere on the internet, but I can't find it anymore.

Thanks for the info man that actually helped a lot. Did you have to add links to the chain to put it on the longest wheelbase?

I didn't need to add links to my chain because it was long enough, but if yours is really short, then it might be a good idea.

I changed the wheelbase to the longest position. Stoked to try it out tomorrow. Looks good too.

Posted: Feb 16, 2015 at 18:25 Quote
Is it just me having problems putting boxxer in scream? With short upper crown im able to get just 19mm of travel...

Posted: Feb 16, 2015 at 18:26 Quote
Should i put long upper crown or somehow modify my boxxer?

Posted: Feb 16, 2015 at 19:11 Quote
Triple post for emphasis.
The Scream headtube isn't that large? (way shorter than my 2005 Big Hit) But I suppose its possible as Boxxers are way too small. (I also assume you mean 190mm and not 19)

I would say tall upper crowns would be the easiest fix.
Any pictures?

Posted: Feb 17, 2015 at 14:18 Quote
Yeah, I was trying to say 19cm, but because of my sleepy head it was 19mm Big Grin the whole headset stack height is somewhere over 160mm. soo it sucks, because in my country crowns arent very cheap..
photo
photo
photo

I hope you will see my photo from facebook Wink

Posted: Feb 17, 2015 at 15:22 Quote
gkkamas123 wrote:
Yeah, I was trying to say 19cm, but because of my sleepy head it was 19mm Big Grin the whole headset stack height is somewhere over 160mm. soo it sucks, because in my country crowns arent very cheap..
photo
photo
photo

You've got a couple of options:

Either get the high-rise Boxxer upper crown

or

Get a different headset with less stack.

Posted: Feb 18, 2015 at 14:28 Quote
Im sad i had too dismantle mine for servicing front and rear suspension ,lots of play in my front hub .Been my stand alone winter bike,and those 03 Monsters will puke out molasses have not rebuilt in 2 years.

Posted: Feb 22, 2015 at 14:20 Quote
Carrot-Top wrote:
gkkamas123 wrote:
photo
photo
photo

or

well, what headset should i get, because i use nukeproof headset, i think it is this one https://www.google.lt/search?q=nukeproof+headset&safe=off&espv=2&biw=1097&bih=546&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=yVXqVKfWMobgauHXgPAE&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ#imgdii=_&imgrc=2N2DhjJ--IWQoM%253A%3BTZaxxOLAL0ww3M%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.blazingbikes.co.uk%252Fimage%252Fdata%252FNukeproof%252520Warhead%25252049EEOS%252520Headset.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.blazingbikes.co.uk%252Fnukeproof%3B1000%3B832

Posted: Feb 22, 2015 at 17:39 Quote
gkkamas123 wrote:
Carrot-Top wrote:
gkkamas123 wrote:
photo
photo
photo

or

well, what headset should i get, because i use nukeproof headset, i think it is this one https://www.google.lt/search?q=nukeproof+headset&safe=off&espv=2&biw=1097&bih=546&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=yVXqVKfWMobgauHXgPAE&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ#imgdii=_&imgrc=2N2DhjJ--IWQoM%253A%3BTZaxxOLAL0ww3M%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.blazingbikes.co.uk%252Fimage%252Fdata%252FNukeproof%252520Warhead%25252049EEOS%252520Headset.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.blazingbikes.co.uk%252Fnukeproof%3B1000%3B832

I used a FSA The Pig DH Pro headset. I was able to just barely fit my Boxxer with the low-rise crown.

Posted: Mar 14, 2015 at 10:46 Quote
photo
Banshee @ BlackRock

Posted: Mar 20, 2015 at 17:54 Quote
If anyone has a chainstay for a 07 v2 scream my buddy will buy (2) he cracked his and he weighs like 250.He was told the frames are obsolete here in north van surely there is a pallet in some warehouse stacked full of swing arms and stays.
Makes me think about hangers and pivot hardware will be sought after.

Posted: Mar 21, 2015 at 2:52 Quote
wheeldrop wrote:
If anyone has a chainstay for a 07 v2 scream my buddy will buy (2) he cracked his and he weighs like 250.He was told the frames are obsolete here in north van surely there is a pallet in some warehouse stacked full of swing arms and stays.
Makes me think about hangers and pivot hardware will be sought after.

Maybe check at On-Top bike shop or Trident Sports. That's where I've gotten replacement Scream parts and hardware in the past.

Posted: Mar 21, 2015 at 13:35 Quote
On top is phasing out and are the ones who told my buddy he is out of luck on warranty due to the orig 2004 .
The guy already went through 4 frames but yes they used to have some good inventory of parts.I just thought there might be a stash over at banshee warehouse.
He is also looking for Super monsters .we will be e mailing trident sports.

Posted: Oct 8, 2015 at 18:52 Quote
I really want a bike that I can dirt jump, downhill and just have fun on for cheap. Something I can hit drops and huge gaps without a second thought but I can still throw around and style on smaller trails. My riding is gravity oriented but I only sometimes ride lift access. I think a 2007 scream v2 would be a fun bike and I can find one for $600 with drop off triples, a dhx 5.0 and brand new hope mono 6's. Any reason to talk me out of this?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011979
Mobile Version of Website