Meta V4 Owners Club

PB Forum :: Commencal
Meta V4 Owners Club
O+
Posted: Jun 1, 2018 at 8:46 Quote
jhilly wrote:

I just built up a brushed metal last night, picked it up down at their headquarters in Golden & specc'd it out with my own liking! Can't wait to ride it!

Looks sick! Proper build, with the exception the $5 special ti bottle cage. Razz

O+
Posted: Jun 1, 2018 at 9:26 Quote
PhoS wrote:
jhilly wrote:

I just built up a brushed metal last night, picked it up down at their headquarters in Golden & specc'd it out with my own liking! Can't wait to ride it!

Looks sick! Proper build, with the exception the $5 special ti bottle cage. Razz

lol, thats a tried and true KingCage - had that one from bike to bike for 10+ years and have never lost a bottle!

Posted: Jun 5, 2018 at 19:24 Quote
Hey fellow owners of meta v4s

Has anyone had this happen on their frames?

photo

photo

It looks like the clevis is hitting the frame, should I be worried about this? I've written an e-mail to Commencal, but wanted to know if any of you have had this happen!

Thank you

Posted: Jun 5, 2018 at 20:44 Quote
Only a tiny amount but that's from me taking it apart. If it's doing that while you're riding the link must be out of spec. I hope the down tube isn't out of spec either.

Posted: Jun 5, 2018 at 20:58 Quote
That happens when you take the shock off and you're not careful.

Posted: Jun 5, 2018 at 22:12 Quote
Ohh all right, it must be due to that then. I'll try to cycle it with the shock on but with no air, guess that should tell me what's going on

thank you!

Posted: Jun 6, 2018 at 6:33 Quote
Hey guys!

After 1 1/2 years, the Guid RS brakes that came with my meta finally died. Now I am thinking about shimano saints ... what do you think? is it too much stopping power for the meta or the perfect solution?

Posted: Jun 6, 2018 at 6:39 Quote
I haven't had too much time on saints but if I was going to replace my brakes they would be on the top of the list.

What happened to the guides?

O+
Posted: Jun 6, 2018 at 6:51 Quote
Jarl666 wrote:
Hey guys!

After 1 1/2 years, the Guid RS brakes that came with my meta finally died. Now I am thinking about shimano saints ... what do you think? is it too much stopping power for the meta or the perfect solution?

I have Saints on my new Meta- not much time on them (Been on XT for years) the saints are amazing so far

Posted: Jun 6, 2018 at 8:09 Quote
inverted180 wrote:
I haven't had too much time on saints but if I was going to replace my brakes they would be on the top of the list.

The brake lever is lagging hard after pulling, needs some seconds to go back, and minutes to fully restore normal position

my LBS said its not worth repairing and well known problem for guides. i guess after this long time its not worth asking for guarantee/returning them

O+
Posted: Jun 6, 2018 at 12:55 Quote
Jarl666 wrote:
inverted180 wrote:

The brake lever is lagging hard after pulling, needs some seconds to go back, and minutes to fully restore normal position

my LBS said its not worth repairing and well known problem for guides. i guess after this long time its not worth asking for guarantee/returning them

You can order the upgraded piston kit and rebuild them yourself pretty easily. I switched to XT and haven't looked back. I have Saint's on my DH and they're awesome but the XT's are more than adequate on an enduro bike.

Posted: Jun 7, 2018 at 2:18 Quote
Jarl666 wrote:
Hey guys!

Aren't Saints just Zees with tool free lever reach adjustment and different graphics? I have a slx m7000 brakes with upgraded front caliper to zee, I'm happy with that combo. Even though the rear caliper has "only" two pistons, the wheel can be stopped really effortless with 180mm rotor.

My weight with all my gear on is almost 100 kg.

Posted: Jun 10, 2018 at 6:02 Quote
I'm really thinking about buying a meta 4.2 but two things worry me...

I have long feet and I walk like a duck, would that be a huge problem for me ? I've also noticed some people seems to have problems with bearings popping out, pivots breaking apart, rear axle breaking, is that common ??

I'm in Canada, how's the customer service over here ? Is it bad like I've read elsehwere ?

Posted: Jun 10, 2018 at 9:41 Quote
Charlotroy wrote:
I'm really thinking about buying a meta 4.2 but two things worry me...

I have long feet and I walk like a duck, would that be a huge problem for me ? I've also noticed some people seems to have problems with bearings popping out, pivots breaking apart, rear axle breaking, is that common ??

I'm in Canada, how's the customer service over here ? Is it bad like I've read elsehwere ?

I've only had my meta 4.2 for less than a week, size 12 feet and didn't find any problems with my feet hitting the wide rear triangle.

As for the loose bearings/pivots...only time will tell but I've been making sure to check them after each run. So far so good. What people recommended here was to remove them and add loctite to it and it should be fine.

Commencal customer service in Canada has been outstanding in my experience. They reply to emails within a day...sometimes within few hours. I ordered on a late Sunday night and my bike arrived on Tuesday. (Mind you I'm in BC though which is where their warehouse is located)

Bike has been amazing so far. I highly recommend it

Posted: Jun 10, 2018 at 19:11 Quote
Customer service is excellent if you’re on the coast at least. One of my bearings came loose on my meta 4.2 and they swapped them out for new ones no stress. Helps to be driving distance from Squamish but they’ve been very responsive over email. Had no problems with my bearings in the 9 months or so since.

For the big feet I have 9.5 shoe size which isn’t big by any means but I did scuff the logo on the seatstay on my first ride. Definitely put some frame tape on. And don’t walk like a duck, it’s bad for your arches and your joints.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.020265
Mobile Version of Website