Official Ghetto Parts Thread

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Official Ghetto Parts Thread
Posted: Mar 16, 2013 at 6:04 Quote
had a block of wood and a chisel but ran out of cable tiesWink

hacked raceface atlas FR guide handy hole on the frame and a couple of avids nasty CPS washers FTW

Posted: May 31, 2013 at 2:56 Quote
Not mine but definitely prime material for this thread lol

Welding Level Bombproof

Posted: May 31, 2013 at 3:58 Quote
Gave my MRP Lopes a Mozartt remix

Fixed my MRP Lopes with part of a Mozartt WG.

Posted: May 31, 2013 at 5:06 Quote
I don't have a close up pic atm, and I'm currently in science class but I have a hanemade sprocket/chain guard. (I'm lff, so it's on the bottom when I ride)
Little bit of new shit fiend team bars 8.5 the set wrangler stem 4 shadow little ones pegs put my fbm hubguard on raised seat and threw my haro seat back on. Also re-modded sprocket guard to fit my tree OG sprocket.

Posted: Jun 2, 2013 at 0:37 Quote
is there any more detail on how to do this besides whats said on the hucking kitty site??? step by step pictures maybe
Mr-Magura wrote:
Turning a lower end Shimano brake, into a higher end Shimano brake. The Zent mod.

http://www.huckingkitty.com/node/9

Magura Smile

Shimano Zent modded brake lever.

Posted: Jun 2, 2013 at 1:11 Quote
nicktopic wrote:
is there any more detail on how to do this besides whats said on the hucking kitty site??? step by step pictures maybe
Mr-Magura wrote:
Turning a lower end Shimano brake, into a higher end Shimano brake. The Zent mod.

Magura Smile

What part of the guide on HuckingKitty do you find hard to understand?

Magura Smile

Posted: Jun 2, 2013 at 2:18 Quote
the bite point adjuster bolt, how far do you screw it in and how exactly does it would
Mr-Magura wrote:
nicktopic wrote:
Mr-Magura wrote:

Magura Smile

What part of the guide on HuckingKitty do you find hard to understand?

Magura Smile

Posted: Jun 2, 2013 at 5:53 Quote
[Quote="nicktopic"]the bite point adjuster bolt, how far do you screw it in and how exactly does it would [Quote="Mr-Magura"]
nicktopic wrote:

On the photo you can see how much longer it is, than the bolt you remove.

As for how it works, you can read that in any of the Shimano XT/XTR/Saint manuals.

Magura Smile

Posted: Jun 3, 2013 at 15:06 Quote
After about an hour and no finger prints on my left hand the spacer is an equal 1mm all round.

My ghetto fix was an easy one. Using a new angle headset on my bike given to me by a mate I found that I needed a 1mm spacer to stop the sealed top cap from fouling my steering. I got some old seat post and cut a 2mm section off. i then pressed a cut off steering tube section into the seat post and made a collar of 1mm. Putting the 2mm cut of piece on to the collared section I filed the spacer down to 1mm.

Just before anyone says it, my local bike shops don't sell any spacers smaller than 3mm.

Posted: Jun 3, 2013 at 16:21 Quote
not a bad job Salute most shops wont have spacers bellow 5mm often times. unless it's a high end road shop.

Posted: Jun 13, 2013 at 11:13 Quote
My hardtail frame didn't have bottle cage mounts so I had to go all ghetto on its ass. I Velcro'd the fame and the bottle cage with self adhesive Velcro then drilled holes in the bottle cage so I could zip-tie it on. The velcro stops it from sliding around and the zip-ties stop the cage from coming off when you remove the bottle.

Bottle cage bodge.

Posted: Jun 13, 2013 at 12:35 Quote
dingus wrote:
My hardtail frame didn't have bottle cage mounts so I had to go all ghetto on its ass. I Velcro'd the fame and the bottle cage with self adhesive Velcro then drilled holes in the bottle cage so I could zip-tie it on. The velcro stops it from sliding around and the zip-ties stop the cage from coming off when you remove the bottle.

Bottle cage bodge.
you know you can buy straps that means you can mount it for less than £3

Posted: Jun 13, 2013 at 12:37 Quote
SebAshwell wrote:
dingus wrote:

Bottle cage bodge.
you know you can buy straps that means you can mount it for less than £3
Where's the fun in that?

Posted: Jun 13, 2013 at 12:47 Quote
SebAshwell wrote:
dingus wrote:

Bottle cage bodge.
you know you can buy a pint of Tennents for less than £3

FYP

Posted: Jun 13, 2013 at 13:29 Quote
SebAshwell wrote:
Bottle cage bodge.
you know you can buy straps that means you can mount it for less than £3[/Quote]

Link me bro.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.022347
Mobile Version of Website