Powered by Outside

Post your On One Bikes!

PB Forum :: Other
Post your On One Bikes!
Posted: Mar 3, 2017 at 6:31 Quote
jdt086 wrote:
silverfish1974 wrote:
Did you sort this out with On-One?..

I was talking about this in another forum and a guy from On-One contacted me and said he'll get it sorted for you..He has you on the system.. OK..

Maybe because it's an Australian specific model??..does that make any sense lol

I would love for them to just send me a frame.

I had to escalate my PayPal dispute with them to a claim because it was about to time out due to a lack of action on their part, at the moment it looks like I'll have to send the order back for a refund if nothing changes.

This would mean I'd have to pay return shipping and combined with the exchange rate changes actually mean I would be out of pocket the price of the frame.

OK well as guy said he was looking into it for you..I posted about it on Facebook..

The guy from On-One said it was a comedy error. Hopefully they'll send you a new frame now without having to return the old one..

O+
Posted: Mar 9, 2017 at 8:25 Quote
2 weeks now "of working with their suppliers to rectify the issue as quickly as possible for me".

Put a frame in a box and send it, that would solve the problem.

Posted: Mar 9, 2017 at 9:14 Quote
jase111171 wrote:
silverfish1974 wrote:
You know they're thread the other way for a reason..

Not sure it will cause any problems or not.
its supposed to stop the cups undoing themselves i think,but you'd think with the pedal rotation direction,it would undo them,this thread has got me confused.

Learn up, son:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Precession_(mechanical)

Stare at the gif until it makes sense!
photo

Posted: Mar 9, 2017 at 9:30 Quote
SirChomps-a-Lot wrote:
jase111171 wrote:
silverfish1974 wrote:
You know they're thread the other way for a reason..

Not sure it will cause any problems or not.
its supposed to stop the cups undoing themselves i think,but you'd think with the pedal rotation direction,it would undo them,this thread has got me confused.

Learn up, son:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Precession_(mechanical)

Stare at the gif until it makes sense!
photo
whoosh

O+
Posted: Mar 17, 2017 at 6:48 Quote
jase111171 wrote:
photo

Love white forks on a green bike.

Posted: Mar 17, 2017 at 6:50 Quote
jdt086 wrote:
jase111171 wrote:
photo

Love white forks on a green bike.
cheers man,was wondering what colour to powdercoat my frame that would match my white forks

O+
Posted: Mar 17, 2017 at 8:07 Quote
jase111171 wrote:
cheers man,was wondering what colour to powdercoat my frame that would match my white forks

Before i purchased my Deedar I was thinking about buying a dark green NS Eccentric, it also has a mostly white seat tube.

What travel are the forks set at?

Posted: Mar 17, 2017 at 8:52 Quote
jdt086 wrote:
jase111171 wrote:

Before i purchased my Deedar I was thinking about buying a dark green NS Eccentric, it also has a mostly white seat tube.

160mm ,you got your issue resolved with Planet X?

O+
Posted: Mar 19, 2017 at 3:29 Quote
jase111171 wrote:
jdt086 wrote:
jase111171 wrote:

Still ongoing.

I did get an email from them on the 10th saying they have processed my frame order but when I called them Friday they still haven't shipped it.

Posted: Mar 19, 2017 at 4:38 Quote
jdt086 wrote:
jase111171 wrote:
jdt086 wrote:

Still ongoing.

I did get an email from them on the 10th saying they have processed my frame order but when I called them Friday they still haven't shipped it.
fingers crossed you'll get it it soon.I wont be able to ride mine for a while,due to ongoing health issue.Post up your build and ride report once yours up and running.
I only live 30 mins from Planet X so I can go direct,but I have heard there customer service is pretty poor.Good luck with it all.

Posted: Mar 21, 2017 at 6:28 Quote
As much as i love On-One bikes there service can be a little lacking sometimes.

My bike arrived and the gear mech was not set up as it kept chucking chain of the biggest cog into the hub (lucky i checked before riding it) the Stem looked like Freddy and tried t finger it so they sent another stem but wanted me to send the whole bike back for them to reset the mech??? which i said no and got them to refund me £20 to take it to local bike shop to get sorted.

Then 2 months later my reverb stealth gave up on me ( to be fair it had 18St.12Lb bouncing up and down on it) but i have had reverbs previousely with there fair share of problems so sent back to Planet X and they kindly replaced. The reverb is still sat in the garage as i bought a Brand X cable dropper post and ive never looked back ( less abuse on this dropper as i have dropped down to 14st 7Lb - hey i'm gonna shout about losing over 4 stone in 21 weeks!)

My point is that yes things can get missed and don't work properly but hey people are only human and shit happens but i love On One bikes, so i can get over it!

One one 456 Steel, 456 Carbon, Parkwood 29er (bare Metal) and Codiene 650B & have planet x Jack Flash Drool

O+
Posted: Mar 24, 2017 at 6:15 Quote
My frame arrived yesterday, half built it up but ran out of time tonight.

If I didn't forget to order any small parts it should be done tomorrow morning.

I'll post some pics tomorrow.

Posted: Mar 25, 2017 at 3:04 Quote
jdt086 wrote:
My frame arrived yesterday, half built it up but ran out of time tonight.

If I didn't forget to order any small parts it should be done tomorrow morning.

I'll post some pics tomorrow.

Glad to hear you got it sorted..

O+
Posted: Mar 26, 2017 at 5:43 Quote
photo

Crap photo but you get the idea, rode it down the driveway twice and that was all i had time for.

I've got a dropper post to put on when I can be bothered.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015312
Mobile Version of Website