Powered by Outside

"Sexiest" Singlespeed FR/DH Bike Thread. (What and How-To included)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
"Sexiest" Singlespeed FR/DH Bike Thread. (What and How-To included)
Posted: May 8, 2020 at 23:28 Quote
nojzilla wrote:
Does the Zingle have chain line adjustment?

No chain line adjustment whatsoever. After spacing the cog correctly on the freehub body, I haven't experienced any chain hopping.

Posted: May 9, 2020 at 16:41 Quote
Zingle Speed Supreme DH V4.3 Big Grin

photo

Posted: May 10, 2020 at 7:26 Quote
So from what I understand after reading some of this thread, the SB One Boner can be used with sprockets larger than 14t? Weird how they didn't specify it on their site like they did with the G3C.

O+
Posted: May 11, 2020 at 16:48 Quote
Hetman64 wrote:
So from what I understand after reading some of this thread, the SB One Boner can be used with sprockets larger than 14t? Weird how they didn't specify it on their site like they did with the G3C.

Yeah I also noticed this. Strange they say it in the description of the G3C but not the Boner. The SB One website is a bit half assed. They need to pay some web designer to do a better job.

I have the Boner and don't see any reason why it couldn't be used with a bigger sprocket.

O+
Posted: May 11, 2020 at 16:49 Quote
alexBiker95 wrote:
Zingle Speed Supreme DH V4.3 Big Grin

photo

Tidy! Really like that paint job on the Supreme

Posted: May 13, 2020 at 9:48 Quote
Can someone post a video of the Zingle hack? I don’t understand how it goes back together

Posted: May 16, 2020 at 10:41 Quote
photo
photo

My new Furious. Zinglespeed still going strong

Posted: May 18, 2020 at 12:53 Quote
@up Nice bike! I like the 2020 Furious frames.

Here is my Nicolai with the SB One Boner

photo

photo

I used the Zee for a while, but it kept smashing into the chainstay and making noise. It is good at holding the chain in place, but the dedicated tensioner is overall much better.

Posted: May 18, 2020 at 13:15 Quote
Hetman64 wrote:

photo

Wowsers, that looks super cool! Also very black.
Drool tup

Posted: May 18, 2020 at 13:23 Quote
Set my Supreme up SS late last year but only got ride it this weekend due to sickness in the family,rain, rain, more rain an covid.
I got the cheap SB One boner, the non clutch version, 36/14 gearing on regular Zee ring.
And
VERY impressed! Rode Aston Hill in the UK which is littered with braking bumps bigger than your head an many,many roots. Chain stayed secure, bike was a LOT quieter than with gears. Gearing was surprisingly ok once out of the start ramp, I thought I may have to change to 15th cog but, nope. All good down the track. The main reason I wanted to go SS was the different riding style of finding speed in the track, in the flow rather than mashing the pedals an it worked!
As for the SB One boner,
Yeah expensive but, the engineering is spot on. They are worth it. The adjustability is there in spades. A very solid little unit. And the spring, even on my non clutch version is VERY strong. I'd even say stronger than a Zee clutch....

Very impressed

Posted: May 18, 2020 at 13:37 Quote
noisette wrote:
Hetman64 wrote:

photo

Wowsers, that looks super cool! Also very black.
Drool tup

Thanks! That was the point, to make it as black as possible with only the hubs and grips purple ;D Recently I added the brown Chromag saddle to match the Marzocchi stanchions.

Posted: May 18, 2020 at 13:42 Quote
nojzilla wrote:
Set my Supreme up SS late last year but only got ride it this weekend due to sickness in the family,rain, rain, more rain an covid.
I got the cheap SB One boner, the non clutch version, 36/14 gearing on regular Zee ring.
And
VERY impressed! Rode Aston Hill in the UK which is littered with braking bumps bigger than your head an many,many roots. Chain stayed secure, bike was a LOT quieter than with gears. Gearing was surprisingly ok once out of the start ramp, I thought I may have to change to 15th cog but, nope. All good down the track. The main reason I wanted to go SS was the different riding style of finding speed in the track, in the flow rather than mashing the pedals an it worked!
As for the SB One boner,
Yeah expensive but, the engineering is spot on. They are worth it. The adjustability is there in spades. A very solid little unit. And the spring, even on my non clutch version is VERY strong. I'd even say stronger than a Zee clutch....

Very impressed

I compared the Zee with the Boner and the SB does feel like it has a stronger spring. I also feel like my rear suspension is suddenly more responsive and smoother, maybe because the Zee was pretty beat up.

Posted: May 19, 2020 at 8:48 Quote
My third and sexiest SS DH bike Big Grin

The Beast of Les Vosges
photo
SBOne G3C

Posted: May 19, 2020 at 10:29 Quote
Hell yeah dude, it looks so sick - love the spec you went with

O+
Posted: May 25, 2020 at 12:24 Quote
Single speed Nomad 4 almost finished. Need to trim brake hoses and steerer tube. Waiting on a new seat post to complete the raw alu finishing components.

photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.025251
Mobile Version of Website