Powered by Outside

Trend hating

Posted: Feb 10, 2008 at 18:55 Quote
chasefreeride37 wrote:
ilikemybike011 wrote:
windsorbighitrider wrote:

if ppl were smart they would run ea 70 bars, they are cheaper then a deity bar. dont come in white, and weigh next to notihng.

Trendy.

EA70s are anything but trendy. If I were a trend whore, I'd buy the diety bar because they were white or had DIETY on them. If I was smart, I'd buy the EA70 bars because they are cheaper, lighter, and stronger.

if you were smart you wouldnt be sooo easily angered by what others ride..LET IT GO..

Posted: Feb 10, 2008 at 18:56 Quote
PedalUpBombDown wrote:
Okay, trend whore objects such as BR's and everything deity are not nessisarily bad. They become figments of trend whoreism by someone with good reasons convinceing another person to get it. They then use less reasons and convince someone else to get it. This process continues untill the point of people telling other's to get a part with no reasoning behind the decision. Just because something is a trend whore object doesn't mean it is bad. There are usually better things out there but if it was complete crap, it wouldn't be trend whoreized. The whole trend whore thing is just people repeating what someone else said because they want to sound cool. When they sound cool to the person getting the part, they get that part to look cool. People just need to learn to do their own research and get the parts that best suit their individual use. Trend whore's are not parts, they are uninformed but not nessisarily stupid people. This thread no longer really had a point because trend whoreism has been defined and explained. So don't call someone stupid for saying "get a BR!!!" Call them uninformed for not giving any valid reasons behind it.

Edit: I forgot to add that if they do do their own research and end up getting a part that is concidered trend whoreish, let it be. They got the part that best suits them and they are probably happy with it. Don't go and bash someone just because they have it. That is just as bad as telling them to get it with no reasoning.
read that and stop bitching.

Shut up. Seriously. You guys are so friggen dramatic sometimes. o_O

mattyoungpow wrote:
chasefreeride37 wrote:
ilikemybike011 wrote:

Trendy.

EA70s are anything but trendy. If I were a trend whore, I'd buy the diety bar because they were white or had DIETY on them. If I was smart, I'd buy the EA70 bars because they are cheaper, lighter, and stronger.

if you were smart you wouldnt be sooo easily angered by what others ride..LET IT GO..

Nope, not angry. More so curious. I also get a good laugh out of all of this lmao.

i have ea 70's good purchase

Posted: Feb 10, 2008 at 18:57 Quote
chasefreeride37 wrote:
mattyoungpow wrote:
chasefreeride37 wrote:

Nope, not angry. More so curious. I also get a good laugh out of all of this lmao.

me too..haha friggin trend hater hater haters...who cares, ride your bike man...

Posted: Feb 10, 2008 at 18:58 Quote
mini-logo-888 wrote:
vergina club

PWNED..haha

Posted: Feb 10, 2008 at 19:22 Quote
This is why I don't like pinkbike sometimes. Everyone needs to stop posting dumb stuff and stay on topic.

Posted: Feb 10, 2008 at 19:30 Quote
hey savagemountainvergina club is closed im sorry

Posted: Feb 10, 2008 at 19:32 Quote
mini-logo-888 wrote:
hey savagemountainvergina club is closed im sorry
shut up and leave.

Posted: Feb 10, 2008 at 19:32 Quote
please add components or clothing you would call trend whore

Posted: Feb 10, 2008 at 19:33 Quote
windsorbighitrider wrote:
sherbet wrote:
I've noticed a new trend. It's the trend hating trend. People are starting to hate things because they are popular, or cool, such as the bottle rocket, or deity cranks. Not I won't say either of those are the best things in their field, but that's not the point. It seems people are hating things just to try to be different, and they end up being just like everyone else. Trend hating is like trend whoring, if a part is good, or you like it, go for it, if you don't like it, fine. But stop letting other's influence you so much. Can we name off some brands that are getting a bad rep, as people hate them to get into this "trend"

I put this in the parts section, as it tends to deal with parts. Oh, yeah, and am I trend hating at the trend hating trend?

Heres just a few I thought off the top of my head

Transition bottle rocket (put the king of all trend whorism at the top of the list
Deity ANY
white in general
x9 derailleurs
Totems
Deemax
Do-ber-f*g (man)
blk mrkt
single speed full suspension
pink tires
coloured chain guides
white bash guards
taco'd bash guards
drilled bash guards
Fox 36 forx
dhx 5.0 rear shock
Marzocchi 66 fork
coloured chains
TI bolt kits
"Pimp my Pedal" kits
white pedals
hope pro II hubs
chris king headsets
TBC wheel sets
thomson stems
thomson seat posts
camo rims
manitou sherman fork
rock shox argyle in general
rock shox pike
coloured grips
coloured chain rings
mtx rims
s-type rims
mag 30 rims
double track rims
monster stickers
hozlfeller cranks
matching your bike to your outfit, when you arent a pro.
xtr cranks on dh bikes
carbon frame patches
white spokes
avid codes
lowered forks
coloured brake levers
coloured bar ends
fork stickers
striped brake and or derailleur housing
white hayes stroker
macneil seats/posts
hookworms
coloured pedals
50/50 pedals
giro remedy
coloured nipples
everything on that list is dope

Posted: Feb 10, 2008 at 19:37 Quote
oh and brittney spears

Posted: Feb 10, 2008 at 19:38 Quote
PedalUpBombDown wrote:
PedalUpBombDown wrote:
Okay, trend whore objects such as BR's and everything deity are not nessisarily bad. They become figments of trend whoreism by someone with good reasons convinceing another person to get it. They then use less reasons and convince someone else to get it. This process continues untill the point of people telling other's to get a part with no reasoning behind the decision. Just because something is a trend whore object doesn't mean it is bad. There are usually better things out there but if it was complete crap, it wouldn't be trend whoreized. The whole trend whore thing is just people repeating what someone else said because they want to sound cool. When they sound cool to the person getting the part, they get that part to look cool. People just need to learn to do their own research and get the parts that best suit their individual use. Trend whore's are not parts, they are uninformed but not nessisarily stupid people. This thread no longer really had a point because trend whoreism has been defined and explained. So don't call someone stupid for saying "get a BR!!!" Call them uninformed for not giving any valid reasons behind it.

Edit: I forgot to add that if they do do their own research and end up getting a part that is concidered trend whoreish, let it be. They got the part that best suits them and they are probably happy with it. Don't go and bash someone just because they have it. That is just as bad as telling them to get it with no reasoning.
read that and stop bitching.
are you all retarded? that went almost completely unnoticed. read it and stop bitching.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008458
Mobile Version of Website