Powered by Outside

Show me your Banshee Scream builds!

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Show me your Banshee Scream builds!
Posted: Oct 8, 2015 at 19:29 Quote
Scimonetti wrote:
I really want a bike that I can dirt jump, downhill and just have fun on for cheap. Something I can hit drops and huge gaps without a second thought but I can still throw around and style on smaller trails. My riding is gravity oriented but I only sometimes ride lift access. I think a 2007 scream v2 would be a fun bike and I can find one for $600 with drop off triples, a dhx 5.0 and brand new hope mono 6's. Any reason to talk me out of this?

Go for it! The only drawback is the bike will be heavy.

Posted: Oct 9, 2015 at 10:26 Quote
Carrot-Top wrote:
Scimonetti wrote:
I really want a bike that I can dirt jump, downhill and just have fun on for cheap. Something I can hit drops and huge gaps without a second thought but I can still throw around and style on smaller trails. My riding is gravity oriented but I only sometimes ride lift access. I think a 2007 scream v2 would be a fun bike and I can find one for $600 with drop off triples, a dhx 5.0 and brand new hope mono 6's. Any reason to talk me out of this?

Go for it! The only drawback is the bike will be heavy.

Thanks for the quick response! I can get much better spec'd DH bikes for the same price locally, but I don't want the long wheelbase for these type jumps
photo
It has drop off triples, not great forks but decent for the price I think... I love this thread and hopefully I will be able to post a pic in it soon!

Posted: Oct 14, 2015 at 16:14 Quote
Well I got it!
As bought
  As bought
photo
photo
photo
photo
Was much better spec'd than I thought, new Chris King headset, Raceface cranks, Hope mono 6ti brakes with floating rotors, Raceface BB and a new chain and cassette. I need a brake lever rebuild kit, maybe new front tire and brake line. Some leaking fluid ate away some of the teflon over the braided steel line.

I want to throw on some 180mm Bomber 66s over the winter. I've seen some sick builds on here with them and so far I'm not super happy with the drop offs... Rode some downhill and jumps today and man I love this bike. It just goes where you point it and pedals surprisingly for it's 49lb weight!

Posted: Nov 23, 2015 at 23:48 Quote
wheeldrop wrote:
If anyone has a chainstay for a 07 v2 scream my buddy will buy (2) he cracked his and he weighs like 250.He was told the frames are obsolete here in north van surely there is a pallet in some warehouse stacked full of swing arms and stays.
Makes me think about hangers and pivot hardware will be sought after.

Call banshee. I broke some stuff on.my scream and they sent me stuff for almost nothing. Granted, that was years ago. But as you said, in sure banshee has a pile of "junk" hanging around and would be happy to send you one.

Posted: Dec 1, 2015 at 18:13 Quote
Well I have already done some work on it, selling the drop offs and getting some 2011 fox 40s. $125 upgrade and oh so worth it.
photo
photo
Next up are grips, pedals and brake lever seals. I'll post a finished picture in the spring but hoping to keep this around $800 total. Cheap old bombproof bikes are fun to own!

Posted: Dec 21, 2015 at 12:58 Quote
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=833422210086013&set=a.236598529768387.55106.100002547259963&type=3&theater

Posted: Oct 11, 2016 at 11:51 Quote
Bringing an old thread back to life. After 4 years off I'm riding again and still pedaling this beast up SFU and Mt. Fromme.
2002 Banshee Scream 2003 Marzocchi Shiver

Posted: Oct 11, 2016 at 19:19 Quote
old-banshee-rider wrote:
Bringing an old thread back to life. After 4 years off I'm riding again and still pedaling this beast up SFU and Mt. Fromme.
2002 Banshee Scream 2003 Marzocchi Shiver

Nice! It's good to see that people are still riding these bikes.

Posted: Oct 20, 2016 at 15:53 Quote
this is my biке

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://media.snimka.bg/s1/5632/037508811-big.jpg?r=0

Posted: Oct 21, 2016 at 20:17 Quote
I loved my old Scream. Built it up piece by piece and rode the wheels off it. Such a fun bike. Pretty cool to see some guys still swinging the Banshee battle-axe!

It's been a few bikes since I owned one- I sold my '03 Scream and bought '09 Rune, sold that for a '15 Giant Trance, then promptly sold that for my current '16 Reign. But I tell you even though my current bike is 12lbs lighter and more capable in every department, nothing I've ever owned was as joyful to ride as that Scream.

Rock on! Big Grin

Posted: Oct 25, 2016 at 12:53 Quote
I do love the bike but am going to sell it and go to a more uphill pedal friendly bike. Going to buy my cousins Transition Covert 29.

Posted: Jan 29, 2017 at 7:14 Quote
This is my baby ! From snow to rock gardens this has done me well. Looking to get into a lighter frame eventually but love flying by the carbon frames on a tank

photo

Posted: Jan 29, 2017 at 14:48 Quote
Nice! I really like that frame colour.

Posted: Mar 25, 2017 at 2:09 Quote
Here's my 2003 Scream, recently rebuilt using Enduro MAX bearings and stripped to bare metal - should be just under 43lb when finished (lighter tyres not yet fitted):

Work in progress.

Work in progress.

I ll probably remove the gear indicators and switch the brake shifter position. This is just a fit-up and everything needs properly positioning.

Work in progress.

Work in progress.

I'm no photographer as you can see but I'm sure you'll agree these bikes look badass without paint!

BTW the rear wheel needs dishing as it was built for a Specialized Big Hit.

Posted: Mar 29, 2017 at 14:05 Quote
Frame:

Frame stripped and polished using Nitromors steel wool moistened with AC90 and a fiberglass brush for welds and hard to reach areas. The rockers were given an extra polish using Autosol.

Almost done:

Almost there The saddle is set for full leg extension. The lower seatpost tube is set to the minimum height that will allow full rear travel without contact with the upper clamp. The upper tube still has 85mm insertion and the adjustment range is about 130mm. I m looking into getting a dropper post but you won t find a 30.0mm or smaller with a 5 drop in a 350mm length. You can get a 350mm Gravity Dropper that will do 4 or a cheap 330mm Trans-X that will do 80mm. Currently weighs 42-43lb and is slightly arse-heavy

Almost there The saddle is set for full leg extension. The lower seatpost tube is set to the minimum height that will allow full rear travel without contact with the upper clamp. The upper tube still has 85mm insertion and the adjustment range is about 130mm. I m looking into getting a dropper post but you won t find a 30.0mm or smaller with a 5 drop in a 350mm length. You can get a 350mm Gravity Dropper that will do 4 or a cheap 330mm Trans-X that will do 80mm. Currently weighs 42-43lb and is slightly arse-heavy

Saddle set for max leg extension and will drop 130mm.

Looking for a 350mm dropper post with 4" drop now.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.025170
Mobile Version of Website