Powered by Outside

DH bike under 5000

PB Forum :: Downhill
DH bike under 5000
Posted: Feb 4, 2009 at 17:47 Quote
sherbet wrote:
DarkElement101 wrote:
sherbet wrote:
I use to be stuck up about weights and feedback. I'm more into axle path at this point.
what do you mean by axle path??

How the rear axle moves and reacts.
oh...my main consern is durablity,then suspention ,303 seems promising but i dont like buying used stuff . price is killer

Posted: Feb 4, 2009 at 17:52 Quote
The 303 will require lots of post ride maintenance, just some thing to think about.

Posted: Feb 4, 2009 at 17:52 Quote
runner wrote:
The 303 will require lots of post ride maintenance, just some thing to think about.

Most frames and forks at that level of performance will need a good deal of work.

Posted: Feb 4, 2009 at 17:56 Quote
I was under the impression that the 303 would need more work than the average bike because the rails and cars need to be cleaned etc.

Posted: Feb 4, 2009 at 17:58 Quote
Rag and a little grease. Not a big deal.

Muddy climates may not be the best choice, but it would be fine.

Posted: Feb 4, 2009 at 17:58 Quote
runner wrote:
I was under the impression that the 303 would need more work than the average bike because the rails and cars need to be cleaned etc.

From what I've heard, it's not as bad as people make it out to be. A good monthly clean on it, and you're good. I clean my shock and linkage once a week anyways, so that doesn't seem bad.

Mod
Posted: Feb 4, 2009 at 18:02 Quote
It's a nice piece of engineering/a modern day piece of art but it seems impractical. Between the weight/girth of the bike, all the hardware on them, and the price, they will always be a boutique bike that is more unique than practical. Sure, there is a lot of engineering behind it with rails, carts, grease port, etc, but there are other bikes that can do the same things Yeti boasts about for less money, less weight, and less complicated. You shouldn't need a PHD in astrophysics to understand how the bike works and what you need to do to keep it in shape.

Posted: Feb 4, 2009 at 18:22 Quote
heres a good question who needs a yeti for any thing in ontario?

Posted: Feb 4, 2009 at 18:30 Quote
DarkElement101 wrote:

Who needs full suspension in Ontario?

No-one, it's just fun.

Posted: Feb 4, 2009 at 18:32 Quote
sherbet wrote:
DarkElement101 wrote:

No-one, it's just fun.
depends..i know i lot of freeride trails in barrie(north shore like)...some places like calaboogie and some mountains i bet.

Posted: Feb 4, 2009 at 18:35 Quote
DarkElement101 wrote:
sherbet wrote:
DarkElement101 wrote:

No-one, it's just fun.
depends..i know i lot of freeride trails in barrie(north shore like)...some places like calaboogie and some mountains i bet.

There's no real freeride in Barrie.

Posted: Feb 4, 2009 at 18:37 Quote
sherbet wrote:
DarkElement101 wrote:
sherbet wrote:

No-one, it's just fun.

There's no real freeride in Barrie.
thats what you think!!! look around you'll find some it's hiden very ,very, very ,very well, i spent 2 riding seasons looking ,i even found some turf 5 people including me only know about...
EDIT* take a couple days just to cruz throught some forests in barrie you will find some stuff

Posted: Feb 4, 2009 at 18:39 Quote
Trust me, I've looked. I've even built my own fair share of trails. There's no real freeride in Barrie.

I'll agree to disagree, for the thread's sake.

Posted: Feb 5, 2009 at 5:14 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Trust me, I've looked. I've even built my own fair share of trails. There's no real freeride in Barrie.

I'll agree to disagree, for the thread's sake.
a no REAL but there is some stuff(some is on private property)..but yea agree to disagree.

Posted: Feb 5, 2009 at 8:07 Quote
Demo 8 is a good choice for freeride, it can do anything from DH races to freeride.
sturdy and it can take the harshest of blows.
maybe even a glory FR or DH ?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009979
Mobile Version of Website