Powered by Outside

2016 Stumpjumper

PB Forum :: Specialized
2016 Stumpjumper
Posted: Feb 21, 2017 at 10:40 Quote
bikesatori wrote:
Anyone have any info on availability and pricing on the Ohlins STX 22?

That what i'm currently riding and to be honest it's a good shock, just not great. Very small room for adjustment in comparison to my previous bike- rear shock. Just my 2 cents.

Posted: Feb 21, 2017 at 20:59 Quote
toomanyandy wrote:
tf02 wrote:
toomanyandy wrote:
Does the piggy back from the shock rubs on your water bottle?

In the factory location, yes. I redrilled the holes on an extra SWAT door I had, and moved the cage back quite a bit. It's close, but still works. I'll add pictures later if you want.

Will you please. I am very interested in doing a rear shock upgrade, mine came with the ohlins stx and so far i can say that i'm not impressed.
I'll trade you a pushed fox ctd shock for it+ cash.

Posted: Feb 22, 2017 at 6:17 Quote
Meyercord wrote:
toomanyandy wrote:
tf02 wrote:

In the factory location, yes. I redrilled the holes on an extra SWAT door I had, and moved the cage back quite a bit. It's close, but still works. I'll add pictures later if you want.

Will you please. I am very interested in doing a rear shock upgrade, mine came with the ohlins stx and so far i can say that i'm not impressed.
I'll trade you a pushed fox ctd shock for it+ cash.

No thanks.

O+
Posted: Feb 23, 2017 at 19:02 Quote
photo
My 2016 Expert 650b upgraded to:

160mm dual air fox factory series to match the kashima rear
Scwhwalbe HDs on Easton Haven rims
ODI Rouge grips on Renthal carbon bars
SRAM Guide R brakes for better modulation and 203/180 Icetech rotors
RS 125 Stealth dropper post (command post keep dropping on steep seated climbs)
Chromag Lynx DT seat

Posted: Feb 23, 2017 at 20:12 Quote
toomanyandy wrote:

Sorry for the delay, here are some pictures. I still use the rear mounting hole, but I plugged the front one and drilled a new hole about 40mm behind the original location. I use the S-Works carbon side loading cage (got it during their winter sale). It's a little picky on which bottles fit, but it's totally worth it.

This is on a Medium frame btw ... not sure if the smaller or larger frames change the clearances at all. First picture is of an unmodified door to show the stock hole placement.

photo

photo

photo

O+
Posted: Feb 23, 2017 at 20:38 Quote
tf02 wrote:
toomanyandy wrote:

Sorry for the delay, here are some pictures. I still use the rear mounting hole, but I plugged the front one and drilled a new hole about 40mm behind the original location. I use the S-Works carbon side loading cage (got it during their winter sale). It's a little picky on which bottles fit, but it's totally worth it.

This is on a Medium frame btw ... not sure if the smaller or larger frames change the clearances at all. First picture is of an unmodified door to show the stock hole placement.

photo

photo

photo

What did you use to plug the original holes?

Posted: Feb 23, 2017 at 20:45 Quote
limestumpy wrote:

Just a small plastic automotive push plug (sometimes called christmas trees). It was super long so I just cut it and plastic welded it to the bottom of the SWAT door. Like this:

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.everythingcarts.com/images/PRODUCT/medium/2810.jpg

O+
Posted: Feb 23, 2017 at 20:59 Quote
tf02 wrote:
limestumpy wrote:

Just a small plastic automotive push plug (sometimes called christmas trees). It was super long so I just cut it and plastic welded it to the bottom of the SWAT door. Like this:

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.everythingcarts.com/images/PRODUCT/medium/2810.jpg

Nice... might give it a try.

Posted: Feb 23, 2017 at 21:21 Quote
limestumpy wrote:

Definitely recommended if you have a reservoir shock!

You can get extra SWAT doors for pretty cheap through your LBS. For a while they were out of stock on their retail site, so my LBS actually submitted a warranty claim for one and it was free Smile

O+
Posted: Feb 23, 2017 at 21:29 Quote
tf02 wrote:
limestumpy wrote:

You can get extra SWAT doors for pretty cheap through your LBS. For a while they were out of stock on their retail site, so my LBS actually submitted a warranty claim for one and it was free Smile

I've been wanting to upgrade but concerned with bottle cage clearance, might just spring for an extra swat door. Thanks!

Posted: Feb 23, 2017 at 21:34 Quote
tf02 wrote:
limestumpy wrote:

Thanks man, I'll try it.

Posted: Feb 23, 2017 at 22:50 Quote
tf02 wrote:
limestumpy wrote:

did you have to modify the carbon bottle cage at all? Looks great.

Posted: Feb 23, 2017 at 23:09 Quote
Meyercord wrote:
did you have to modify the carbon bottle cage at all? Looks great.

No, there's a hole in between the two original mounting holes that you can slide the bolt through. It works on the plastic cage as well (it's what I ran before).

The two mounts close together don't seem like they'd be very sturdy, but once everything is bolted down you can easily slide the bottle out and nothing moves.

BTW for spacers I used two pieces of plastic pipe sanded on each side for the right thickness. If you do it right, you can still open the SWAT door with a bottle in the cage and not hit the frame.

Posted: Mar 5, 2017 at 14:22 Quote
Can anyone confirm the 2016 stumpy expert 29 OEM Pike rc can have it's air shaft swapped out for 150 & 160mm versions?

also does anyone have any info on the ohilns coil graves has fitted to his stumpy? gives 150mm travel with the standard yoke apparently.

cheers

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018492
Mobile Version of Website