Powered by Outside

Ferrum Bikes

PB Forum :: Other
Ferrum Bikes
Posted: Aug 5, 2023 at 20:31 Quote
Here is my LV145. I love this bike, but the reach is[ too long for me. I am 5'7" and got myself a medium.

I don't know how upload photos to this page, but here is a link to a picture of my bike:

file:///Users/abrahambarberi/.Trash/IMG_9331.JPG

Posted: Aug 8, 2023 at 14:27 Quote
CrazyTexan wrote:
Here is my LV145. I love this bike, but the reach is[ too long for me. I am 5'7" and got myself a medium.

I don't know how upload photos to this page, but here is a link to a picture of my bike:

file:///Users/abrahambarberi/.Trash/IMG_9331.JPG

Hubba Hubba

Posted: Aug 24, 2023 at 16:28 Quote
Been reading this thread for a while, saw the LVN160 was on sale... now I have one on the way. I'll have to let you guys know how it turns out.

Posted: Aug 27, 2023 at 15:21 Quote
Takaya94 wrote:
Been reading this thread for a while, saw the LVN160 was on sale... now I have one on the way. I'll have to let you guys know how it turns out.

Please do!

O+
Posted: Sep 28, 2023 at 8:00 Quote
I have read every single post and seen everyones builds. I definitely used this thread when I was considering a Ferrum, and I am so glad that I got one! I picked up a Ferrum LVN160, went with a custom yellow with gold flake. The bike has been absolutely incredible for me. I built it specially for sessions... jumps, drops, the occasional rock garden. It handles air time like no other bike I have ridden. Extreme confidence inspiring ride quality. Soft when you need it, but it pops when you want it to pop.

I made a video of the bike if ya'll want to see it in action! I talk a little more about it's positives and negatives in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CL9NymPfYI

But yeah, I have been on my LVN160 for several months now, if you have any questions about sizing, ride quality, build quality, just ask Smile

Posted: Oct 12, 2023 at 10:26 Quote
photo

photo

I've never added images to a comment here so I hope they show up. Just got the Ferrum LVN 160 frame. Getting experimental and threw on an old Push 11.6 to see how that rides. I'll share the complete build once its done!

O+
Posted: Oct 12, 2023 at 11:13 Quote
Takaya94 wrote:
photo

photo

I've never added images to a comment here so I hope they show up. Just got the Ferrum LVN 160 frame. Getting experimental and threw on an old Push 11.6 to see how that rides. I'll share the complete build once its done!

Sick! My LVN160 has been great for me with an air shock. Very playful and poppy. I am very curious to hear what your thoughts are with the coil shock. I am thinking a heavier weight spring is needed for the LVN160's kinematics. So if you typically would run a 450 spring, a 475 or 500 might be needed.

Posted: Oct 12, 2023 at 11:42 Quote
Yup, I jumped it up 3 increments to a 525 pound coil from the stock 450. Hoping that will work but also have a 575 coil on hand to try if need be. The shock was originally tuned for someone my weight.. but on an old knolly warden. Gonna mess around with the settings to see if I can compensate for this bikes more linear nature

O+
Posted: Oct 13, 2023 at 9:24 Quote
Takaya94 wrote:
Yup, I jumped it up 3 increments to a 525 pound coil from the stock 450. Hoping that will work but also have a 575 coil on hand to try if need be. The shock was originally tuned for someone my weight.. but on an old knolly warden. Gonna mess around with the settings to see if I can compensate for this bikes more linear nature

Fantastic. Did you go with a progressive spring?

Posted: Oct 13, 2023 at 12:52 Quote
Na I just have the Hyperco Coils that are built for this shock. I do have a Sprindex on hand if it ends up riding like crap though ha.

Forgot to mention that I saw your vids with the LVN 160 as well. Good work as always!

Posted: Oct 13, 2023 at 20:51 Quote
https://m.pinkbike.com/photo/25634279/

Posted: Oct 15, 2023 at 11:58 Quote
Yoooo that paint job is awesome! Is that the frame they posted on their instagram recently?

Posted: Oct 15, 2023 at 22:45 Quote
@Takaya94- Ya buddy! Pretty stoked on the powdercoat. Should have some more pictures of it soon. Almost built up.

Posted: Oct 16, 2023 at 8:42 Quote
Stoked to see it built up. I need to get crackin on mine already. Its just tricky because I need to tear down my Stumpy Evo for parts to do so but dont want to have a gap in riding time ha

O+
Posted: Oct 17, 2023 at 7:52 Quote
Takaya94 wrote:
Na I just have the Hyperco Coils that are built for this shock. I do have a Sprindex on hand if it ends up riding like crap though ha.

Forgot to mention that I saw your vids with the LVN 160 as well. Good work as always!

Gotcha, I think hyper has a progressive spring option. And thanks man!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.020266
Mobile Version of Website