Powered by Outside

Marzocchi bomber DJ 1 DJ 2 DJ3

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Marzocchi bomber DJ 1 DJ 2 DJ3
Posted: Jul 28, 2016 at 11:54 Quote
are you running the same forks as me the manual says 15psi is the max I was fairly sure I know the spring coil with air assist so that's why I thought the psi needed to be so low for them

Posted: Aug 19, 2016 at 22:45 Quote
kr33 wrote:
are you running the same forks as me the manual says 15psi is the max I was fairly sure I know the spring coil with air assist so that's why I thought the psi needed to be so low for them
mines older, less reliable as yours! ????

Posted: Mar 2, 2017 at 3:50 Quote
On a dj1 2012 Should the retaining ring for oil seals fit right against the seal or should it have a small space ?

Posted: Mar 2, 2017 at 8:58 Quote
Did you install new oil seals?

Posted: Mar 2, 2017 at 10:44 Quote
michaelangelothepayner wrote:
Did you install new oil seals?
Yes I did

Posted: Mar 2, 2017 at 11:25 Quote
I would think that theoretically the retainers should touch up against the seals but if they're in there already and there's a little Gap I wouldn't worry about it, i think when I did mine that there might have been a very small Gap but I didn't take a feeler gauge and check, as long as they're square they should be alright

Posted: Mar 2, 2017 at 11:26 Quote
Did you use aftermarket seals or factory marzocchi?

Posted: Mar 2, 2017 at 13:33 Quote
Factory seals, if the retaining ring isn't touching they can move up and down lol

Posted: Mar 3, 2017 at 7:29 Quote
How much of a gap is there?

Posted: Apr 19, 2017 at 15:11 Quote
Im a bigger guy (220lb) and i find that i have to put about 60psi into my 2016 DJ1s to make them feel stiff enough for my liking. Even then id like them to be more firm, but im scared to put any more air in them because im technically already over by 45psi. And at those pressures im noticing them feeling pretty squirmy off lips. I have tried adding more oil to reduce air volume, but when i do, even by a small amount it acts as though its hydro-locking and only travels about half way, even with no added air pressure.

My current plan of attack is change my oil weight to something thicker to alleviate some of the excessive rebound found at higher pressures/spring rates. I am also going to buy a new spring and see if i can place it in the left leg and run with 2 springs like the older models. If it fits i will not have to run as much air preload. I will keep you guys posted on my findings. I think its really dumb that they don't provide different spring rates for fattys.

Posted: Apr 19, 2017 at 21:00 Quote
terr0r86 wrote:
Im a bigger guy (220lb) and i find that i have to put about 60psi into my 2016 DJ1s to make them feel stiff enough for my liking. Even then id like them to be more firm, but im scared to put any more air in them because im technically already over by 45psi. And at those pressures im noticing them feeling pretty squirmy off lips. I have tried adding more oil to reduce air volume, but when i do, even by a small amount it acts as though its hydro-locking and only travels about half way, even with no added air pressure.

My current plan of attack is change my oil weight to something thicker to alleviate some of the excessive rebound found at higher pressures/spring rates. I am also going to buy a new spring and see if i can place it in the left leg and run with 2 springs like the older models. If it fits i will not have to run as much air preload. I will keep you guys posted on my findings. I think its really dumb that they don't provide different spring rates for fattys.
you'd be amazed how much pressure they can take lmao I'm running 200psi in my 55 cr slope :p

Posted: Apr 20, 2017 at 7:32 Quote
[/Quote]you'd be amazed how much pressure they can take lmao I'm running 200psi in my 55 cr slope :p[/Quote]

jesus christ lol

Posted: Apr 23, 2017 at 14:34 Quote
I've just picked up a 2009 Absolut ChMo bike with Bomber DJ 2's.

Forks felt very stiff when I got it, checked the air pressure today to find that it's at pretty much 0 PSI. If I put 10 PSI in using my shock pump, it pretty much locks the forks out.

Can this be fixed?

Posted: Apr 23, 2017 at 15:50 Quote
whyte-rider wrote:

Forks felt very stiff when I got it, checked the air pressure today to find that it's at pretty much 0 PSI. If I put 10 PSI in using my shock pump, it pretty much locks the forks out.

Can this be fixed?
it can be fixed but at the price it costs to fix it, might as well get another fork

Posted: Apr 24, 2017 at 1:27 Quote
Droptix wrote:
whyte-rider wrote:

Can this be fixed?
it can be fixed but at the price it costs to fix it, might as well get another fork

Where's the fault, with the air spring? Could I pick up a 2nd hand one?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.022510
Mobile Version of Website