Santa cruz V10 or Intense M6?

PB Forum :: Downhill
Santa cruz V10 or Intense M6?
Posted: Jan 22, 2009 at 20:50 Quote
i don't see why stryke see's the 9.5X3.0 as such a big deal. i think he is reacting because of what he is seeing and hearing everyone talk about with longer shock strokes.

this will definitely benefit a rider like Minaar or Peaty. but they are also 2 really BIG guys. that give that bike all it can take. they are 2 of very few riders that would actually make a 2.75" stroke shock fade. AND that would only be on the LONG world cup races.

to us normal riders it would have very little effect.

i mean we are talking about an athlete which in no way is anywhere near our abilities. (not that they are immortal or anything) but reading an article featuring Peaty he claims to be able to feel the pressure in less than 1/2 a pound. he can feel the difference between the varriences in gauges between his personal gauge and mechanics gauge.

all im saying is, although yes it is very cool. realisticly it would have very little effect on us. even if your a Cat 1 racer.

Posted: Jan 23, 2009 at 1:21 Quote
BarqsRootBEEEEEEER wrote:
nishnash wrote:

i love how it fades to silver by the seat tube
Same, its raw i think, must've cost loads for that paint!
ahaha
arent paintjobs like that around 2 grand?

Its a shame that those paint jobs look like something you'd find on a cheapo store bike, you guys clearly have no taste...

Posted: Jan 23, 2009 at 3:18 Quote
Jwmbike14 wrote:
i don't see why stryke see's the 9.5X3.0 as such a big deal. i think he is reacting because of what he is seeing and hearing everyone talk about with longer shock strokes.

this will definitely benefit a rider like Minaar or Peaty. but they are also 2 really BIG guys. that give that bike all it can take. they are 2 of very few riders that would actually make a 2.75" stroke shock fade. AND that would only be on the LONG world cup races.

to us normal riders it would have very little effect.

i mean we are talking about an athlete which in no way is anywhere near our abilities. (not that they are immortal or anything) but reading an article featuring Peaty he claims to be able to feel the pressure in less than 1/2 a pound. he can feel the difference between the varriences in gauges between his personal gauge and mechanics gauge.

all im saying is, although yes it is very cool. realisticly it would have very little effect on us. even if your a Cat 1 racer.

i did notice on lower leverage ratio bikes there is a marked difference to feel,and you can run a lighter lbs spring.

Posted: Jan 23, 2009 at 3:22 Quote
Themaninthenorth wrote:
nishnash wrote:

Same, its raw i think, must've cost loads for that paint!
ahaha

Its a shame that those paint jobs look like something you'd find on a cheapo store bike, you guys clearly have no taste...

i agree mate but is only a prototype normally they have no paint and look rough as a badgers arse

Posted: Jan 23, 2009 at 6:58 Quote
deberguknottignham wrote:
Themaninthenorth wrote:
ahaha

i agree mate but is only a prototype normally they have no paint and look rough as a badgers arse

True true, but they still could have put a bit more effort in to the paint schemes though as they were clearly planning to show them off to the world, especially as they are following something as cool as this up.

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.orme.tv/portfolio/sea12/images/138.jpg

Posted: Jan 23, 2009 at 7:11 Quote
I much prefer the new paintjob tbh

Posted: Jan 23, 2009 at 8:04 Quote
Jwmbike14 wrote:

because the leverage ratio on the bike was so stupid, with the new leverage ratio you can use lighter/more popular spring rates (easier to find/trade/test different setups with friends bla bla bla)

Posted: Jan 23, 2009 at 11:35 Quote
stryke wrote:
Jwmbike14 wrote:

because the leverage ratio on the bike was so stupid, with the new leverage ratio you can use lighter/more popular spring rates (easier to find/trade/test different setups with friends bla bla bla)

well sure. but EVERY bike has different ratios. trying to run your weight spring on a Demo, then switching to an Ironhorse, then a cove, then maybe a DHR, then santa cruz. they are all going to feel like shit. because that setup is meant for the Demo. its kinda like some bikes coming with a custom tuned shock to suit the suspension design. once you switch ift feels like shit.

the V10 has been a great feeling bike even with a shorter shock.

running smaller spring rates is going to save you maybe a few grams... no big deal.

the major thing which all of you are leaving out is the fact that a longer shock reacts to valving a lot more. and will take much longer to fade out. but like i said. with the design a V10 has. none of us will really notice it much at all.

Posted: Jan 23, 2009 at 12:13 Quote
There not planning to produce the longer shock V-10s. Those are customs for Peat and Greg.

Posted: Jan 23, 2009 at 12:16 Quote
TomBo-The-One wrote:
There not planning to produce the longer shock V-10s. Those are customs for Peat and Greg.

exactly! which is what i was kinda trying to say.

and either way. the longer shock is no big deal. like i said most of us wouldn't notice it.

theres a reason they did it for peaty and minaar. they are both huge guys that know how to ride and abuse a bike. josh bryceland doesn't have it... why? cause he doesn't need it! he is getting any shock fade at the bottom.

Posted: Jan 23, 2009 at 12:55 Quote
Wait until 2010, my bet is you'll be seeing the larger shock on the frames a la trickle down effect. Best comment I've seen so far on that is,

"It was only a matter of time before they changed it. Even if the performance advantage is only minor, every little helps. Bikes have been evolving slowly over the last few years as theres been no real leaps forward in bike design like there was 5 or 6 years ago. I always thought it was a little odd that they didn't run a 3" stroke shock on the v10 when they did there last redesign. Not that it would have put me off buying one. The only reason I can see for not doing this sooner is so they can drip feed us the upgrades and try and give us reason to upgrade to the newer model the following year."

Really goes for any company.

Posted: Jan 24, 2009 at 5:22 Quote
mr-wilson wrote:
Wait until 2010, my bet is you'll be seeing the larger shock on the frames a la trickle down effect. Best comment I've seen so far on that is,

"It was only a matter of time before they changed it. Even if the performance advantage is only minor, every little helps. Bikes have been evolving slowly over the last few years as theres been no real leaps forward in bike design like there was 5 or 6 years ago. I always thought it was a little odd that they didn't run a 3" stroke shock on the v10 when they did there last redesign. Not that it would have put me off buying one. The only reason I can see for not doing this sooner is so they can drip feed us the upgrades and try and give us reason to upgrade to the newer model the following year."

so thats like pre planning future sales pitch,nice of the company.

Posted: Jan 24, 2009 at 19:03 Quote
marquis wrote:
mr-wilson wrote:

everyone does it.

take honda for example. they will down tune an engine.

lets take this one a friend of mine found.

between (i believe it was) 06 to the 07 model of CBR 600 the fuel injectors had a 90 degree bend in it. the next year they simply made it flow more easily with less bend and added 2 horsepower. then advertised as an extra 2 horse! same engine.... i mean its simple stuff like this big companies use all the time

(im not sure if that was the EXACT details. but it was something VERY similar...)

Posted: Jan 25, 2009 at 4:38 Quote
Jwmbike14 wrote:
marquis wrote:
mr-wilson wrote:

everyone does it.

take honda for example. they will down tune an engine.

lets take this one a friend of mine found.

between (i believe it was) 06 to the 07 model of CBR 600 the fuel injectors had a 90 degree bend in it. the next year they simply made it flow more easily with less bend and added 2 horsepower. then advertised as an extra 2 horse! same engine.... i mean its simple stuff like this big companies use all the time

(im not sure if that was the EXACT details. but it was something VERY similar...)

ah true enough i guess.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015893
Mobile Version of Website