Powered by Outside

►The Pinkbike Musicians Group ♪ ♫

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
►The Pinkbike Musicians Group ♪ ♫
Posted: Jan 22, 2024 at 11:58 Quote
bamfbmx wrote:
MrHyak wrote:
I used to play drums through most of the 80's punk/alternative stuff out of eastern WA. I moved to Seattle in '91 and recorded demo tapes for some of the local bands on my 4-track as well as supplied sound in some of the small clubs. Haven't played in a long time, but still have my drums, a guitar (I'm a hack) and bass but no time to do anything with them......maybe one day.
Dude what bands did you play in? I love old eastern Washington punk history being from the area. We just got our old venue rays golden lion in Richland back again.

I played in a band out of Yakima called The Blaze Brigade from 85'-89'. We never did play in the TriCities but were were going to have Diddly Squat come play with us. A few days before that gig we found our their guitar player had drown if I remember correctly which was a true drag. We recorded in Eburg same time Screaming Trees, Moral Krux, etc were recording.
A collection of local music friends had created an all ages club in '85 called The Pink Flamingo which started off to be a fun gigg'n place, but the local police put pressure on the owners of the building to shut us down because a fight broke out during a 'hip hop' night (I knew that was a bad idea). Oh well, fun times.

Posted: Mar 2, 2024 at 0:39 Quote
MrHyak wrote:
bamfbmx wrote:
MrHyak wrote:
I used to play drums through most of the 80's punk/alternative stuff out of eastern WA. I moved to Seattle in '91 and recorded demo tapes for some of the local bands on my 4-track as well as supplied sound in some of the small clubs. Haven't played in a long time, but still have my drums, a guitar (I'm a hack) and bass but no time to do anything with them......maybe one day.
Dude what bands did you play in? I love old eastern Washington punk history being from the area. We just got our old venue rays golden lion in Richland back again.

I played in a band out of Yakima called The Blaze Brigade from 85'-89'. We never did play in the TriCities but were were going to have Diddly Squat come play with us. A few days before that gig we found our their guitar player had drown if I remember correctly which was a true drag. We recorded in Eburg same time Screaming Trees, Moral Krux, etc were recording.
A collection of local music friends had created an all ages club in '85 called The Pink Flamingo which started off to be a fun gigg'n place, but the local police put pressure on the owners of the building to shut us down because a fight broke out during a 'hip hop' night (I knew that was a bad idea). Oh well, fun times.

Hell ya moral crux! James Farris a friend, he called me out when I was 16 wearing a dead boys shirt in the crowd and I sang half of sonic reducer when they covered it haha

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.095937
Mobile Version of Website