Powered by Outside

What marzocchi fork are you running and rate it

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
What marzocchi fork are you running and rate it
Posted: Sep 15, 2015 at 10:20 Quote
Cheers mate, I'll give the oil trick a go tomorrow! Probably a stupid question but would using 5wt instead of 7.5 be okay/make a difference as I have a load lying about?

Posted: Sep 16, 2015 at 8:32 Quote
Ed-Tyler wrote:
Cheers mate, I'll give the oil trick a go tomorrow! Probably a stupid question but would using 5wt instead of 7.5 be okay/make a difference as I have a load lying about?

It will, but not on the progresivness of the fork.

It will only fasten your rebound, and give you less compression damping.

I would use 7,5wt oil. Also make sure, that your fork is completely free of any oil and grease, clean the bushings, grease the seals, and all other parts lightly. Remmember to turn off both compression and rebound, before you pull the fork apart. Empty the catrigde for oil by compressing, and extracting it, until it´s completely free from oil. Then cycle a bit of oil in it, just to clean the internals, and empty it completely for oil again.

Hope it helps!

Also, make sure you are using the right oil, otherwise it can cause seals and o-rings to swell.

Posted: Sep 17, 2015 at 9:57 Quote
Cheers bud! there's shite all info on servicing these forks so youve been a true life (and fork) saver tup

Posted: Jul 23, 2016 at 10:52 Quote
manachim wrote:
I rather choose lighter oil first instead of changing coil. I switched my stocked oil with 5wt oil and it makes a noticeable different.

You start tuning by choosing right coil rate .

If u do not get right SAG do not even think of oil change as remedy.

Stop confusing people as well with empty statements

Posted: Jul 25, 2016 at 12:31 Quote
maciejbugno wrote:
manachim wrote:
I rather choose lighter oil first instead of changing coil. I switched my stocked oil with 5wt oil and it makes a noticeable different.

You start tuning by choosing right coil rate .

If u do not get right SAG do not even think of oil change as remedy.

Stop confusing people as well with empty statements

I assume you're not following the topic. You're just quote a piece of the conversation man.

Btw, you are comenting 2 years old conversation.

I stand corrected that my statements its not empty.

Posted: Oct 4, 2016 at 1:12 Quote
07 Dj3's that I flog every day. 7/10 because they're so easy to service, perform well and cost me almost nothing to get.

04 888rc's: great fork, bombproof. They have a tiny crack in the lowers (duct tape fixed that) and beat up stanchions, yet still perform like a champ! stopped using them though when I bought a new bike that came with 40rc2's. 9/10 because they have lasted 12 years, have taken all the abuse in the world yet still work well! (they were also free...)

overall, I think the old marz forks are great! can't say anything about the new ones though, never ridden them.

Posted: Oct 14, 2016 at 14:36 Quote
Does any one have the eta damper from marz 55s ? Or where I could acquire one .
Cheers

Posted: Oct 14, 2016 at 19:03 Quote
maxi188 wrote:
Cheers

Best luck would probably buy a cheap pair of trashed forks and salvage the working ETA cartridge from it.

My 07' AM1 is still going strong...I actually blew up my TST2 damper a month or so ago..(top cap part separated from the crimped on damper body), so lost all rebound dampening, fixed it with a bench vise and it's still chugging along ebound and lockout still work fine. tup

Posted: Oct 15, 2016 at 5:49 Quote
maxi188 wrote:
Cheers

I have a 2009 55 ETA micro. I stopped using it cause the ATA threads have a slight rattle that I CAN NOT feel but CAN hear, and it drove me nuts. It doesn't have the "PAR" valve anymore and I thought the air spring worked just fine without it. the fork came to me used without the "PAR" and a coil spring conversion that wasn't quite the right fit (a bit loose) so I removed the light blue coil and ran the fork's air spring without the PAR and it was buttery smooth... except for the ATA threads making that slight chatter if not fully turned up or down. the micro adjust works well, and the fork is still in working order, but I'm sure it could use new o-rings all the way around and new seals.

edit: you need to check out marzocchi's new and improved website support pages... earlier forks are fully detailed with part numbers and all the specs. one could easily rebuild there fork right from this site. don't know if any of these parts are still available but it might be worth looking into. if not, give me shout.

Posted: Nov 3, 2016 at 7:31 Quote
Hi guys,anybody knows a way to improve the Marzocchi 350R 2015 fork? i already ordered new SKF seals but i was wondering if there is anything more i can do.thanks

Posted: Nov 3, 2016 at 9:24 Quote
dalas51 wrote:
Hi guys,anybody knows a way to improve the Marzocchi 350R 2015 fork? i already ordered new SKF seals but i was wondering if there is anything more i can do.thanks

Improve it how? Performance wise, make it look better??

Posted: Nov 3, 2016 at 16:12 Quote
BSal wrote:
dalas51 wrote:

I was thinking of performance wise

Posted: Nov 4, 2016 at 8:35 Quote
dalas51 wrote:
BSal wrote:
dalas51 wrote:

avalanche?

Posted: Nov 4, 2016 at 10:41 Quote
ibishreddin wrote:
dalas51 wrote:
BSal wrote:

avalanche?

Thanks

Posted: Nov 18, 2016 at 11:26 Quote
Hi guys,

I'm buying a Marzocchi 350cr from 2015, does anyone know how good they are? How the preform? And are they easy to service? And then the DBC dampers

Thanks!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015013
Mobile Version of Website