Powered by Outside

RockShox TOTEM / LYRIK discussion thread

PB Forum :: Downhill
RockShox TOTEM / LYRIK discussion thread
Posted: Jun 15, 2018 at 6:37 Quote
soulless wrote:
You need to replace the o rings that seal the upper part from the lower part of the fork. If you don't it will leak again and the same thing will happen again. mine Do this at least once a season I took the o rings to a hydraulic shop and got them to size them for me and got them in a N70 durometer.
Yeah that's next on list, 2 step still doesn't work but I don't have a full understanding of it. I don't need travel adjust anyways so will swap out with coil from my 160mm domains. I can't moan much about the lyriks as I paid rock bottom price £60, hopefully it's just some seals on the damper side as that's cheap to fix

Posted: Jun 15, 2018 at 18:07 Quote
shiver-dc wrote:
soulless wrote:
You need to replace the o rings that seal the upper part from the lower part of the fork. If you don't it will leak again and the same thing will happen again. mine Do this at least once a season I took the o rings to a hydraulic shop and got them to size them for me and got them in a N70 durometer.
Yeah that's next on list, 2 step still doesn't work but I don't have a full understanding of it. I don't need travel adjust anyways so will swap out with coil from my 160mm domains. I can't moan much about the lyriks as I paid rock bottom price £60, hopefully it's just some seals on the damper side as that's cheap to fix
if you get a chance replace the seals and dust wiper on the lyrik with the new pike ones from SKF ... they get rid of the oil seal and replace it with a foam ring makes the fork super smooth and nice best 40 bucks you can spend

Posted: Jul 2, 2018 at 14:01 Quote
My 2009 Lyrik Coil U-Turn have developed a wobble under breaking so I was looking to get the bushings replaced/re-sized as well as a general service. Anyone know where in the UK would do it cheaper than £195 @ TFTuned?

Posted: Jul 5, 2018 at 3:38 Quote
citizenlee wrote:
My 2009 Lyrik Coil U-Turn have developed a wobble under breaking so I was looking to get the bushings replaced/re-sized as well as a general service. Anyone know where in the UK would do it cheaper than £195 @ TFTuned?
https://www.plushsuspensiontuning.co.uk/rockshox-servicing

Posted: Jul 5, 2018 at 6:57 Quote
shiver-dc wrote:
citizenlee wrote:

Thanks man. I'll give them a call for a quote.

Although I did also find new lowers on Amazon for £27.99 so I'm tempted to just get those.

Posted: Jul 6, 2018 at 1:26 Quote
citizenlee wrote:
shiver-dc wrote:
citizenlee wrote:

Thanks man. I'll give them a call for a quote.

Although I did also find new lowers on Amazon for £27.99 so I'm tempted to just get those.
new lowers for that price? Might be a con. If you want PM me a link and I'll check it out too

Posted: Jul 6, 2018 at 3:21 Quote
You can often find old stock of spare parts for dirt cheap online.

Posted: Jul 6, 2018 at 9:51 Quote
What do you guys think of these?
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F132507714390

For set of 09 domains coil and 2step lyriks which need complete overhaul. Am I better off getting the totems? ( It's for a yeti asx)

Posted: Jul 9, 2018 at 2:21 Quote
I have a question regarding a 2012 Lyrik 180 RLR. I already have MiCo damper with the floodgate mod but I would like to try the Charger 2 damper RC2 or RC3. But on the RS spare parts diagram both RC2 or RC3 are mentioned "LYRIK B1+/YARI A1+ (2016+)" only.
Where is the difference between them and mine? Are the threads different?

O+
Posted: Jul 9, 2018 at 9:35 Quote
shamusbip wrote:
I have a question regarding a 2012 Lyrik 180 RLR. I already have MiCo damper with the floodgate mod but I would like to try the Charger 2 damper RC2 or RC3. But on the RS spare parts diagram both RC2 or RC3 are mentioned "LYRIK B1+/YARI A1+ (2016+)" only.
Where is the difference between them and mine? Are the threads different?

They switched to micro-threading on the damper and air spring cap side so it wont work. It's also the reason I cant drop a u turn coil into a newer lyrik, which would have been awesome.

Posted: Jul 9, 2018 at 10:46 Quote
Can I take the mission control unit from 2009 lyriks and drop into 2013 lyrik R's?

Posted: Jul 9, 2018 at 15:52 Quote
shiver-dc wrote:
Can I take the mission control unit from 2009 lyriks and drop into 2013 lyrik R's?
should be able to

Posted: Jul 11, 2018 at 14:43 Quote
shiver-dc wrote:

Yes. Pre-charger stuff is all the same from memory.

Posted: Jul 11, 2018 at 20:58 Quote
riish wrote:
shiver-dc wrote:

Yes. Pre-charger stuff is all the same from memory.
good as I just got some mint condition lyrik r's and rather than send off the 2steps for full service I'll just use the parts I want/need

Posted: Jul 13, 2018 at 22:04 Quote
Got a 2008 Lyrik RC2 Solo Air with floodgate. How easy/difficult is it to remove/replace the floodgate function?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011225
Mobile Version of Website