Powered by Outside

RockShox TOTEM / LYRIK discussion thread

PB Forum :: Downhill
RockShox TOTEM / LYRIK discussion thread
Posted: Jul 14, 2018 at 4:39 Quote
streetkvnt-kvlt wrote:
Got a 2008 Lyrik RC2 Solo Air with floodgate. How easy/difficult is it to remove/replace the floodgate function?
With circlip pliers very easy

Posted: Jul 14, 2018 at 8:46 Quote
streetkvnt-kvlt wrote:
Got a 2008 Lyrik RC2 Solo Air with floodgate. How easy/difficult is it to remove/replace the floodgate function?

https://www.pinkbike.com/v/embed/146846/?colors=006600

Posted: Jul 14, 2018 at 18:02 Quote
Mike87 wrote:
streetkvnt-kvlt wrote:

https://www.pinkbike.com/v/embed/146846/?colors=006600

GENIUS! Thanks for that.

Posted: Jul 14, 2018 at 18:04 Quote
shiver-dc wrote:
streetkvnt-kvlt wrote:

And to think someone said you'd have to re-shim the damper if you removed the floodgate.

Posted: Jul 15, 2018 at 7:36 Quote
streetkvnt-kvlt wrote:
shiver-dc wrote:
streetkvnt-kvlt wrote:

And to think someone said you'd have to re-shim the damper if you removed the floodgate.
haha no chance. Not fully tested mine yet but should be a vast improvement

O+
Posted: Jul 15, 2018 at 15:01 Quote
Hi all,

I have just purchased 2016 RockShox Lyrik RCT3 solo air fork from ebay. It was advertised as 180mm travel but after inspecting the pictures more closely I found out that fork sticker actually reads 170mm travel. I have asked the seller and he said that this fork can be internally adjusted to 180mm by changing the air shaft, has someone done this?
I was not aware that you can increase the travel on RCT3 models
Thanks

Posted: Jul 15, 2018 at 15:19 Quote
Yeah you can. A bit shifty advertising it as 180 when it requires you to buy another component.

You can get the new debonair air spring + shaft upgrade kit for around the same price as the regular travel shaft so might be worth having a look at that.

Posted: Jul 15, 2018 at 23:08 Quote
Just need a second opinion here, if the compression/rebound and floodgate (2008 Lyrik Solo Air), are not working. It's because the oil needs a change/oil levels are low etc right? Bought it second hand recently for cheap-ish money. Seals are still good, holds air.

Posted: Jul 16, 2018 at 1:09 Quote
streetkvnt-kvlt wrote:
Just need a second opinion here, if the compression/rebound and floodgate (2008 Lyrik Solo Air), are not working. It's because the oil needs a change/oil levels are low etc right? Bought it second hand recently for cheap-ish money. Seals are still good, holds air.
sounds like a service needed. If a lot of oil comes out of the bottom of the forks then new seals needed. I had same problem with my 2step airs

O+
Posted: Jul 16, 2018 at 12:29 Quote
dingus wrote:
Yeah you can. A bit shifty advertising it as 180 when it requires you to buy another component.

You can get the new debonair air spring + shaft upgrade kit for around the same price as the regular travel shaft so might be worth having a look at that.
Sorry probably was not clear, the fork (as seller claims) is already 180mm travel, so I would have thought they change the air shaft already. To bring back to 170mm (if needed It will require another air shaft) I was simply not aware that this work with RCT3 models after 2015. So it is possible then.
Thanks for the help

Posted: Aug 20, 2018 at 9:41 Quote
Hi guys,
Sorry to distract this thread but I felt like I should post the solution to a problem I had with my 09 Totem Coil. I bought this fork around a year ago, and reportedly it was super stiff because of a stiff spring...I spent months sourcing a soft spring and finally found one and when installed could only get about 2" of travel Frown After more research I decided it was probably hydrolocked, caused by oil from the upper left leg leaking to the lower. I bought new oil of the appropriate weights and undid the speedlube ports, indeed more than the 20ml of oil came out of the right leg. So obviosly I needed to simply redo some seals. Well upon my inspection of the fork internals there were two orings I needed. From looking at the SRAM technical blowup I got a part number for the damper service kit I needed. And I spent months looking in the darkest corners of the net to find these parts to no avail there is simply no 2007-2009 damper service kits for sale in the US. I was to the point of calling up a custom seal shop to figure help source correct seals. As fate had it one of my friends also had an 09 totem coild but had sold the bike and had a complete service kit for it. I found the orings closest to the size I pulled out and installed them and now my totem is buttery smooth. The main reason I'm posting this is to post measurements I took of these orings so someone else can source these from a simple oring distributer. Please keep in mind that this is ONLY for the 07-09 damper tube (I ordered a 2010 kit and the parts didn't look like they'd work). Anyways the seal on the top of the tube measured 2.5mm thick and the inner gap from side to side was 28mm, I'm not sure how orings are normally measures but the overall outer width should be 33mm if that is how it is done. The small oring at the bottom of the damper tube that the moving rod goes through measured 3.3mm thick and a 12mm inner diameter. My measurements could be slightly off or potentially the orings could be English rather than metric. If I was getting orings again, I would get as close to these sizes as possible.
I hope this helps someone.

Posted: Aug 20, 2018 at 14:59 Quote
HiBike is where I got a service kit for my 2008 Totems.
They've got many kits for older forks and almost every part (dampers, stanchions, knobs etc) available to purchase separately as long as it has a Rockshox number in their spares catalogue.

Their prices are very competitive and shipping is just under 30 euros so worth doing an order with mates.

Posted: Sep 10, 2018 at 20:37 Quote
I need to find a way to lower ROCKSHOX LYRIK RC2DH SOLO AIR 26" FORKS 170mm to 120mm??
Need help quick

Posted: Sep 11, 2018 at 21:33 Quote
OZMTB1415 wrote:
I need to find a way to lower ROCKSHOX LYRIK RC2DH SOLO AIR 26" FORKS 170mm to 120mm??
Need help quick
Easy, I had my exact ones lowered to 140mm with a spacer in the air spring shaft.

Posted: Sep 12, 2018 at 14:29 Quote
Anyone interested in 26" Lyrik stuff anymore? I have a decent chassis with good airspring and a bent rebound shaft. I also have a seperate RC2DH damper for that same fork in like new condition, rebound shaft and all.

I'll let this stuff go for next to nothing if anyone wants it.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013963
Mobile Version of Website