Powered by Outside

nh riders

PB Forum :: USA - East
nh riders
O+
Posted: Apr 11, 2011 at 12:53 Quote
Not really, in fox park there is a decent run that some of the locals put together and its pretty fun, but its hidden in the fox park trail network. there are also some descent DJ's set up behind a local gas station and along the baker river.

Posted: Apr 12, 2011 at 8:14 Quote
Shoulda hit that stuff up while i was with her

Posted: Apr 27, 2011 at 8:44 Quote
chickmagnet4x wrote:
I'm from Central NH and im a student at Plymouth state. The end of last season i had my upgraded giant Yukon stripped where it was locked to a tree. (pretty depressing) Now i have a RM Switch Pro. Can't wait to rip it @ highland.
Im looking for some XC trails in the area... Ive ridden most of the trails here in Plymouth and I've been to Fort Rock in Exeter, Bear Brook, Northwood Meadows State Park, and ive been to Attitash in the past. Where do you guys ride?

Seems like you've checked out most of the NEMBA XC trails. There are some in my home town in Hopkinton at Elm Brook. http://www.cnhnemba.org/p/trail-maps.html Check out that google map for some more XC options

Posted: May 18, 2011 at 13:29 Quote
Just moved toPembroke late last fall. I've only ridden at Bear Brook which is 5 minutes from my house. Where are some other good xc trails around the area?

Posted: May 19, 2011 at 7:05 Quote
How far is pembroke from Auburn? There is a really nice trail network maintained by fomba in auburn with many well maintained and marked trails. You could also check out fort rock in Exeter if you want to make the drive.

Posted: May 19, 2011 at 11:00 Quote
Pembroke is maybe 10-15 minutes to Auburn. Where is the trailhead for the Fomba trails?

Posted: May 19, 2011 at 11:01 Quote
http://www.fomba.org/

check it

Posted: May 19, 2011 at 11:23 Quote
Awesome Thanks! I'm going to check that out tomorrow after work...

Posted: May 19, 2011 at 18:38 Quote
Is there anyone in the Peterborough area building jumps?

Posted: May 22, 2011 at 16:28 Quote
Rode the FOMBA trails today- didn't hit all the loops but rode most of them for 3 hours on my old hardtail. Still pretty wet in some spots but all in all a great place- some easier tracks for my wife and some more robust ones to challenge the padding-clad guys.

Posted: May 23, 2011 at 15:32 Quote
Did you try fireline? Deffinately the most challenging trail there.

Posted: May 24, 2011 at 8:28 Quote
jtm12090 wrote:
Did you try fireline? Deffinately the most challenging trail there.
No I didn't get on Fireline. I had my old hardtail with me, and I was pretty beat after 2 hours and almost all the other trails. Once I finish building my new FS frame I want to go check that one out. I did go down the 'log roll' though.

Posted: May 24, 2011 at 15:49 Quote
Candia, NH here. Ride a 2010 GT Peace 29er SS rigid.

FOMBA is 3 miles away, bear brook is 1 mile away.

Been to fort rock twice, i usually just ride FOMBA, can do every trail there in about 2.5-3 hours. Bear brook is where it's at though, Fomba is fun but i lust over bear brook, except for the mile uphill going up Podunk Rd.

Going to be heading to yudickys(sp) in Nashua pretty soon when this effing rain cuts down. I tow my bike around with my RX8, rather not get the leather muddy. =/

NH needs more flow like the westerners have!

Posted: May 24, 2011 at 16:43 Quote
+1 for western flow!
I rode a few times at bear brook last fall- hit some great trails, and some really crappy ones. Any reccomendations on which trails are better than others at BB?

Posted: May 25, 2011 at 3:54 Quote
Little bear, chipmunk, catamont, broken boulder, bobcat, cascade trail. Chipmunk might be ruined i hear, from loggers.
Catamount is the most epic of all the trails, very technical downhill section with rock steps at one point.

If you stay mostly on the single tracks that follow podunk road, on the right side of the map, those are the best trails.

At the top of podunk road, if you feel like going for a pedal or two, there is a nice single track not many people know about, right before the hall mt trail entrance. That will go for a couple miles and bring you down to podunk rd.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.169960
Mobile Version of Website