Powered by Outside

XC protection

• Next Page
Posted: Jun 23, 2010 at 10:22 Quote
Svard75 wrote:
I don't wear anything but short gloves with padding for the long rides. I guess it's the fine line of really defining XC vs Trail riding.

There's this new competition that's more Trail Riding than XC (Can't remember what it's called) but lot's of technical and DH as well as fire uphills. Anyone know?

I'm not sure but it sounds like a lot of fun. I think in some circles it might be called mountain biking.Smile

I use my knee pads for trail riding. I've had a number of knee surgeries and banging my knee against the top tube or having a pedal skip and catch my knee isn't much fun - not to mention crashing. They provide confidence. My pads are about as thick as a volleyball knee pad and are life savers.tup

Posted: Jun 23, 2010 at 10:49 Quote
are you speaking of Super D races?

http://mountainbike.about.com/od/fitnesstrainingracing/f/Super_d_faq.htm

Posted: Jun 23, 2010 at 10:53 Quote
Super D is mostly downhill with only short uphill and flat sections. Think he means something closer to the new enduro races.

bigquotesEnduro - Enduro (ND) is a relatively new format which appears to have taken some inspiration from both car rally and motorbike enduro racing. Mountain bike enduro is essentially the competitive side of the mountain biking format often referred to today as "All-Mountain". It is a stage-race format where the winner is the rider who accumulates the lowest combined time from the various timed sections. Mountain bike enduro competitions typically take place over the course of 1 or 2 days, however, week-long enduro competitions do also exist. A typical one-day enduro race consists of 3 to 5 timed "special" stages which take place on technically demanding, generally descending terrain. These special stages are linked by predominantly ascending "liaison" stages. Although a rider's specific performance on the physically demanding liaison stages does not affect his or her result, the liaisons are often associated with a time-cut off (i.e. a latest permitted arrival at the summit of the next special stage). Due to this eclectic combination of attributes, enduro racing is increasingly recognised as the truest test of the all-round mountain biker.

Posted: Jun 24, 2010 at 14:30 Quote
It's actually Super-D I was referring to. It's a blend of XC and Downhill. Have a look at all the racing types and explanations http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mountain-bike-racing/110925288934850

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012249
Mobile Version of Website