Powered by Outside

Where to get codes without having to re-morgage your house?

PB Forum :: Downhill
Where to get codes without having to re-morgage your house?
Posted: Jun 14, 2010 at 7:36 Quote
saints of the funn brakes look good there. only problem with that is dosent show how much they heat up, My brakes were amazing when new and great at grabbing etc but crap when they heat up because of the size

Posted: Jun 14, 2010 at 7:39 Quote
chrisrussell wrote:
saints of the funn brakes look good there. only problem with that is dosent show how much they heat up, My brakes were amazing when new and great at grabbing etc but crap when they heat up because of the size

What size.?

Posted: Jun 14, 2010 at 7:40 Quote
marquis wrote:
chrisrussell wrote:

What size.?

I meant the size of the caliper, im runing 203 front and rear

Posted: Jun 14, 2010 at 7:43 Quote
Ah right my apologies,erm 4 pots should cool a bit quicker but so too would a rotor with an aluminum center spider like that found on shimano rotors.

Posted: Jun 14, 2010 at 7:45 Quote
yeah im thinking saints are the way to go, only like codes because my mates have them although im thinking the saints dont come with discs and the discs are like 35 each. Might head to superstar and just pick up a normal disc instead

Posted: Jun 14, 2010 at 7:46 Quote
chrisrussell wrote:
yeah im thinking saints are the way to go, only like codes because my mates have them although im thinking the saints dont come with discs and the discs are like 35 each. Might head to superstar and just pick up a normal disc instead

Saints feel a lot better than the codes,the codes also needed a bleed form new,so instead i sold the codes and bought saint.

Posted: Jun 14, 2010 at 7:48 Quote
aww have you got saints youself? you like them okay? i just want something thats really nippy with very little modulation and thats not ridicilously expensive basically

Posted: Jun 14, 2010 at 7:50 Quote
chrisrussell wrote:
aww have you got saints youself? you like them okay? i just want something thats really nippy with very little modulation and thats not ridicilously expensive basically

I did but like a pratt i sold them with the bike as i had other more important issues,when i can afford to again i would buy them before any other brake on the market.

Posted: Jun 14, 2010 at 7:52 Quote
aww nice, you ride them long enough to test them properly? they heat up at all or loose any power or anything?

Posted: Jun 14, 2010 at 7:56 Quote
chrisrussell wrote:
aww nice, you ride them long enough to test them properly? they heat up at all or loose any power or anything?

Nope not a bit,ok my run was only a minute run and a mile long but i am 16 stone.Eek

Posted: Jun 14, 2010 at 8:02 Quote
marquis wrote:
chrisrussell wrote:

Nope not a bit,ok my run was only a minute run and a mile long but i am 16 stone.Eek

Fair play man, indecisive between codes and saints but looking at that graph, saints look pretty solid. Its just the bloody price of it all

Posted: Jun 14, 2010 at 8:06 Quote
I'm running 2009 Saint with a 203mm up front and a 183mm up back Big Grin - Wan't to know anything else about them Smile

Posted: Jun 14, 2010 at 8:14 Quote
adrenalinaddict wrote:
I'm running 2009 Saint with a 203mm up front and a 183mm up back Big Grin - Wan't to know anything else about them Smile

Where did you get them and how much man?

Posted: Jun 14, 2010 at 8:29 Quote
chrisrussell wrote:
adrenalinaddict wrote:

Where did you get them and how much man?

Came on the bike stock Razz Love them Smile

Posted: Jun 14, 2010 at 9:15 Quote
I'm too cheap and my bike doesn't deserve the Saints.

But I've rode alot of bikes running them. They seem to be constant throughout (unlike other brakes which seem to get worse/better randomly) ... They're powerful when new and were still working as well months into my mate getting them; he recently changed the pads only to find they were working amazingly anyway.

Yet to ride a bike with Formulas but I think they're just for the "Money-No-Object" types.

Saint's perform. Simple. As does the remainder of the Saint kit

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013229
Mobile Version of Website