Powered by Outside

my new Lapierre Zesty 514

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
my new Lapierre Zesty 514
  • Next Page
Posted: May 23, 2012 at 11:56 Quote
I have this exact same model. Rocking a 105kg riding weight and ride this pretty hard and on some demanding single track. I love this bike and will keep it going for as long as it will take, but do agree with some of the comments from R4ND0M. In retrospect selling the wheels would have been good. shimano parts like spokes etc were on back order everywhere I went, the hub bearings rusted and wrecked the ball race too (so went for new hope wheels with replaceable bearing sets), and bearings on the Pivot bearings are starting to go now 2 years in. Wish I had seen the advice when I first got it as may have saved/minimised some of these troubles. That said, I'm still absolutely in love with this bike and think that on mass it has been great buy. Not sure what the latest models are like but my advice is buy one, you won't regret it!

Posted: Sep 23, 2012 at 11:14 Quote
I've got a 2010 Zesty514. In the 3yrs I've owned it I've fitted 5 Bottom Brackets, 3 Rear wheels(now bought a Hope wheel with 717 rim without any issues) Its had 2 replacement carbon swing arms and one main frame. Its currently lying in my nearest dealer with yet another cracked swing arm. The talk is they're gonna give me an alloy replacement this time which I think is wrong but proves the carbon ones are nowhere near up to the job. In less than a month the frame is out of warranty. What do I do WHEN it breaks next? It rides amazing and thats the only reason i've put up with the problems. Beware of the cheap bearings throughout the suspension. They are the cheapest on the market, I googled the bearings fitted, £1 each. SKF bearings the same size were £11 each. The oem chain and cassette are barely even Deore. All these parts arent noticed in a showroom when glancing across the bike but for £3000 i'd expect better quality.

Posted: Sep 25, 2012 at 3:44 Quote
Sweet ride man!
How much sag do you run in the rear ? I cant decide 40% or 30%.

Btw.. Change the tires! MountainKing must be the most missleading tire name ever!
Looks like you got raceking in the rear.. you riding alot of XC ?

Posted: Sep 29, 2012 at 9:25 Quote
Lovely bike there mate. I have a 2011 314 and love it, on my second frame now after first one cracked at shock mount but warranty replacement was pretty quick. I have the offset bushings in mine which made a big difference to the handling and a volume reducer in the shock which prob made the biggest difference. They are cheap and easy fitted.

I heard all that shit about them cracking and yes mine cracked but I was pretty hard on it. As long as it still has warranty ill kept riding a the zesty because its such a great bike.

https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/8722667/

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.149372
Mobile Version of Website