Powered by Outside

Frame Creak (Again)

• Next Page
Posted: Jul 17, 2010 at 6:30 Quote
Ginu wrote:
I've had the same issue happen to my 09 Devinci Remix SL3.

Had a crazy creak which drove me insane. I tried cleaning everything and greasing everything. Sometimes it sounded like the creak was coming form the BB or the seat... very weird.

I decided to spray some Valvoline silicone grease on the rear linkage bearings and it made such a difference. I suppose from all the rides in the spring, some moisture got in the bearings combined with dust and such and started to generate this creak, so try cleaning the rear suspension linkage and see if that changes anything.

Good luck and let me know if that worked

Will do thanks.

I did take the bottom linkage appart and cleaned the bearings, bushings and mounts. It did make a slight difference. I think what you said about moisture getting into the linkages sounds right. I'll get some silicone lube and try it out.

Cheers,
S

Posted: Jul 19, 2010 at 3:32 Quote
Well sprayed silicone lube liberally on all the pivots and although my initial ride was a bit quieter once the circuit fire climbs began it came right back. I think after the pivots get hot that's when they creak. I read an article from a pro mechanic and he said that he never washes his bikes with water because he found frames tend to creak after. I've used a pressure wash twice already so I'm guessing I still have some moisture somewhere. Not riding tonight so I'll take all the pivots apart, spray some silicone and rebuild.

S

O+ FL
Posted: Jul 19, 2010 at 11:18 Quote
if you have a creak that won't go away I have found that facing the headset and bottom bracket is the only solution.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013108
Mobile Version of Website