Powered by Outside

Bags and all that practicle-ness

PB Forum :: 29ers
Bags and all that practicle-ness
  • Next Page
Posted: Oct 2, 2010 at 23:22 Quote
im usualy off to do something on my bike so i always take on incase

i want to get a granny shopper with front and rear basket, or even better! a trike with a basket, do the weekly shop on it :Cool :

Posted: Oct 3, 2010 at 0:42 Quote
I also have a Camelbak Cloudwalker, perfect size for most stuff, minus the bladder cos it's nearly 6 years old. For long push up DH runs i have a 1L Ogio Hydrapack with just enough room for basic tools, pump, phone, keys and emergency tampons Razz

For really serious stuff i have a Camelbak something or other... 3L bladder and tonnes of room but i've really only used it hiking so far.

Best bag i've ridden with would have to be a Crumpler courier bag. Half a case of beer bottles uphill on a 20 inch lol. Not bad.

Posted: Oct 3, 2010 at 5:06 Quote
I have a topeak seatpost rack / bag with pannier supports, but the trunk on it is a little high for loaded riding on trails. When I just have a heavy u lock bouncing around, it feels like somebody is grabbing the seatpost and trying to lay the bike down. Full of gear, it almost doubles the weight of my bike. Sometimes it's nice to not have a pack on my back, though. With my gigantic camelbak commander full of stuff for camping trips, it gives me an upper body core muscle workout when I ride with it. I have an osprey raptor 14 for warm weather overnights, but it's not as comfortable as a camelbak for a hydration bag. I also have to improvise something for the osprey to have a bite valve cover, because it will eventually get DEET dripped onto it, and then I will hurl over my bars. I take a water bottle with me anyway, in a cage, because it's tricky or impossible to fill a cook pot from a bite valve.

Posted: Oct 3, 2010 at 17:34 Quote
em-j wrote:
I also have a Camelbak Cloudwalker, perfect size for most stuff, minus the bladder cos it's nearly 6 years old. For long push up DH runs i have a 1L Ogio Hydrapack with just enough room for basic tools, pump, phone, keys and emergency tampons Razz

For really serious stuff i have a Camelbak something or other... 3L bladder and tonnes of room but i've really only used it hiking so far.

Best bag i've ridden with would have to be a Crumpler courier bag. Half a case of beer bottles uphill on a 20 inch lol. Not bad.

thanks for the info on emergency tampons haha!

Posted: Oct 3, 2010 at 19:03 Quote
i just use a dakine backpack...not too big, not too small. I always bring a beach towel, always comes in handy. Anything from sitting down to eat lunch, to rain, to swimming!Big Grin Gotta love southern california

Posted: Oct 3, 2010 at 19:07 Quote
used my saddle bag the other day, put my cable lock around my head like a one strap bag, was nice to have empty pockets and no bag on my bike for a change

Posted: Oct 13, 2010 at 21:05 Quote
I've got a kryptonite lock mount for my kryptonite u-lock, locks right onto the seat tube just above my pump rack that carries my zefal pump. Then i've got a steel back-rack with a milk crate bungied to it to carry my books. Also got my tool kit attached to that.

Posted: Oct 14, 2010 at 5:43 Quote
thats alot of stuff, why not just chuck it in your bag?

Posted: Oct 14, 2010 at 8:40 Quote
joe-got-the-erge wrote:
thats alot of stuff, why not just chuck it in your bag?

cuz then i can carry all my school stuff without even having a backpack, or i can double my load capacity when i do throw on the pack. I use my ride to commute to school daily so theres no way around carrying huge loads of books and to put them on my back would probably compress a few vertebrae by the second week of the semester. my tool kit is very light and compact so its strapped just below my seat. its really a nice setup and its not too heavy at all when not loaded up so it doesnt bother me. Theres no way i could carry multiple books and my laptop without the rack!

Posted: Oct 14, 2010 at 9:18 Quote
makes total sense, im trying to find some kind of basket or rack for my girl, she has to carry a huge bag every day

Posted: Oct 14, 2010 at 9:18 Quote
Im originally from southern California and have several friends who message or just ride, we all use either chrome bags for style or reload for brute carrying capacity. I ride my track bike and my DH with it and find the messenger style doesnt slip off your shoulder. I use the Kremlin sized chrome and have fit a 30 pack of adult sodas in it!

Posted: Oct 14, 2010 at 9:35 Quote
i use a backpack for big ass loads, has a big stiff bit with padding so things dont dig in my back

4 year old quicksilver ting

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.438200
Mobile Version of Website