Abbotsford INDOOR 4X Season 2010/2011
Posted: Oct 14, 2010 at 8:18 Quote
PERFECT!
i hope i can make it to come out to abbotsford... really want to start Smile

Posted: Nov 11, 2010 at 8:19 Quote
First practice is tonight (Nov. 11).

FL
Posted: Nov 11, 2010 at 8:29 Quote
hopefully i can race after the x-mas break, i was looking forward to racing this year, but i had a unfortunate accident and broke my elbow...

ill be there to watch on the first race hopefully.

Posted: Nov 15, 2010 at 5:25 Quote
First race is Tues. Nov 16. Registration: 6:30 - 7:30. Racing: 8:00.

Posted: Nov 17, 2010 at 10:58 Quote
First racing evening was amazing. I practiced 3-4 too many laps and had absolutely no steam for a couple of my motos or the elimination round. Will be more dialed next week.

To the guys who just practice half-laps and then pull out: please, don't pull off if someone is practicing a full lap right behind you. There are a few back wheels that could have been tacoed if I just decided to be an ass and ram you guys. I would be taking turn #2 high and all of a sudden the guy who's low in turn 2 about a bike-length ahead would just start skidding and pulling left. Happened three times.

Overall great evening and I can't wait for more!

Posted: Nov 24, 2010 at 11:08 Quote
Another awesome race week. Does anyone know if there is 4x racing on Tuesday, November 30? It says women's race clinic on the schedule without mentioning a race...

Posted: Nov 24, 2010 at 15:07 Quote
had a really good time last night, came second all 3 motos then 3rd in my final, pretty happy with that for my first year riding a hardtail Smile

FL
Posted: Nov 24, 2010 at 17:25 Quote
i think that the 30th is just practice, and a learn to race clinic for women that day, no actual race i think, cause it doesnt say 4x race

Posted: Nov 26, 2010 at 9:27 Quote
Tuesday NOV 30 NO 4X RACE.
That day 4xmtn bike/BMX practice runs from 4:30-7pm and then at 7 it goes into a
womens 4X clinic cost is $12.
So if your a women/girl and want to know more about indoor 4X racing this is the time to grab some other friends and come out.
A great time to get to know others and like all womens clinic they are characterized by the laughter and support of the riders.
One thing about indoor , it's not just the racing thats fun but the stands are always cheering and everyone happy.
Hope to see you there.
G
info www.abbotsfordbmx.ca
www.cyclingbc.net

next 4X race dates are Jan 18/25 feb 8/15.

Posted: Jan 29, 2011 at 18:28 Quote
was wondering the other night, how come bmx racers are allowed to come to 4x practice when we cant go to their practice??

Posted: Jan 29, 2011 at 18:31 Quote
carsonprice wrote:
was wondering the other night, how come bmx racers are allowed to come to 4x practice when we cant go to their practice??
bc the most people dont pay one two the bmx club is the ones that rent the building i think gary or kona rent from steve so we only get 2 days bc thats all they pay for

Posted: Jan 30, 2011 at 16:03 Quote
If you want to be able to practice any night it really is more about insurance.
Get a bmx license (or best a full on race license with a extra $10 bmx as well )and you can practice just about any night or convince a couple of your friends and come out and race sat/sun as a cruiser.
Most riders in the 4X series just pay the $30 and it's really insurance.

Next year look to a different 4X series ,if it works it might look like this
tues/thurs practice nights with friday evening being 4X race night and one weekend at the end fri evening and sat afternoon finals!
I am trying to figure out logistics right now ,but sponsors wise fvmba /kona and a few others.
No worrys though I will post any details ,but personally I see 4x becoming bigger and better , in the 2011/2012 season.
g

Posted: Feb 1, 2011 at 5:34 Quote
I think Friday night racing would really help in getting more people out to the track. I hope this works out.

Posted: Feb 1, 2011 at 15:10 Quote
on the race schedule it says its a clinic night, but then under Race time it says 8, so is there racing tonite?

Posted: Feb 1, 2011 at 17:30 Quote
carsonprice wrote:
on the race schedule it says its a clinic night, but then under Race time it says 8, so is there racing tonite?
carson dont be dumb go around them lol

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.032357
Mobile Version of Website