Powered by Outside

How's the grip of eastern's new plastic pedals?

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
How's the grip of eastern's new plastic pedals?
Posted: Dec 2, 2007 at 15:27 Quote
jumpman2334 wrote:
Presence wrote:
yeah thanks i ordered the pcs and some plegs today

plastic whore!

where did you order plegs at?? there not even avalible yet... and the eastern pedals are knurled so they look like they'd do bad in dirt and getting caught in it. but PCs dont grip that great when there wet...
Plegs have been out for a while have they not I've seen them on danscomp for a while now.

Posted: Dec 2, 2007 at 21:04 Quote
bradyc wrote:
jumpman2334 wrote:
Presence wrote:
yeah thanks i ordered the pcs and some plegs today

plastic whore!

where did you order plegs at?? there not even avalible yet... and the eastern pedals are knurled so they look like they'd do bad in dirt and getting caught in it. but PCs dont grip that great when there wet...
Plegs have been out for a while have they not I've seen them on danscomp for a while now.

no there not planned to be out until early next year... unless he was alking about the plastic demolition pegs.

Posted: Dec 3, 2007 at 7:52 Quote
haro are doing plastic pedals next year that retail $10.95...thats pretty cheap.

Posted: Dec 4, 2007 at 20:45 Quote
dont get em... save up a bunch of money and buy the fly pedals (the ones wit the griptape on em) they are only 6 ozs more than the plastic pedals for the pair and you get metal pedals with metal pins and if u get a ti axel, i think they would be almost the same weight as the ody twisted plastics

Posted: Dec 5, 2007 at 7:05 Quote
yeah ive had 2 or 3 pairs of the flys there good but not worth a 100 bucks... so i wouldnt get them again just cause of the price...

Posted: Dec 5, 2007 at 7:21 Quote
they arne't strictly plastic. they're GRP, and for that reason really strong.

Posted: Dec 5, 2007 at 7:39 Quote
if you something like a pedal grind
you will grind the plastic of and that would be a pitty

Posted: Dec 5, 2007 at 7:49 Quote
there more like fibreglass than plastic so they have good strength and stuff, but if you grinded something rough then they'd probably die! hahaha

Posted: Dec 5, 2007 at 11:57 Quote
stpgeminirider wrote:
dont get em... save up a bunch of money and buy the fly pedals (the ones wit the griptape on em) they are only 6 ozs more than the plastic pedals for the pair and you get metal pedals with metal pins and if u get a ti axel, i think they would be almost the same weight as the ody twisted plastics
I'm sorry but that's just stupid, the whole reason the pedals are being talked about is because of their price, and their weight. So for 100 dollars more it seems like your suggestion is completely useless. I'd pay for 13 buks for a decent pair of plastic pedals, then 100 dollars more for a metal pair.

Posted: Dec 5, 2007 at 14:49 Quote
2008p1 wrote:
if you something like a pedal grind
you will grind the plastic of and that would be a pitty

only on rough ledges... if you do rough ledges those wil grind down in no time... but some park only takes off the pins... i dont grind on rough ledges anymore since i went through a pair of pledals hella fast that way...

Posted: Dec 5, 2007 at 16:23 Quote
bradyc wrote:
stpgeminirider wrote:
I'm sorry but that's just stupid, the whole reason the pedals are being talked about is because of their price, and their weight. So for 100 dollars more it seems like your suggestion is completely useless. I'd pay for 13 buks for a decent pair of plastic pedals, then 100 dollars more for a metal pair.

alright... have fun when ur pedals snap doning a pedal stall

Posted: Dec 5, 2007 at 16:27 Quote
stpgeminirider wrote:

You don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Posted: Dec 5, 2007 at 17:50 Quote
bike companies dont come out with stuff so it can break....

Posted: Dec 5, 2007 at 18:00 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:
stpgeminirider wrote:

no doubt no doubt,

pedal stall ?

i've had some many pedals have huge chunks come out from grinding,

pc's ftw ! cheap light strong grippy, what more could you want, ( oh wait fruity colors )

Posted: Dec 5, 2007 at 18:36 Quote
fresh2death wrote:
DavidMakalaster wrote:
stpgeminirider wrote:

no doubt no doubt,

pedal stall ?

i've had some many pedals have huge chunks come out from grinding,

pc's ftw ! cheap light strong grippy, what more could you want, ( oh wait fruity colors )

haha fruity colors definatly help to coolness factor haha

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015211
Mobile Version of Website