best shock on a dh bike?

PB Forum :: Downhill
best shock on a dh bike?
Posted: Dec 4, 2007 at 21:43 Quote
Manitou Revox with a Ti spring Smile

Posted: Dec 4, 2007 at 21:49 Quote
Cant wait till I get a Revox Ti for my Faith, Revox rules.

Posted: Dec 4, 2007 at 22:15 Quote
i have a dhx 4 on my bike and the pedaling platform makes it great for free ride but i can see why people wouldn't want them for downhill. id like to switch it out and try some other ones, a revox or 6 way maybe. the only problem is its a single pivot so i don't want it to bob a ton when im pedaling around

Posted: Dec 5, 2007 at 0:57 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:
i have a dhx 4 on my bike and the pedaling platform makes it great for free ride but i can see why people wouldn't want them for downhill. id like to switch it out and try some other ones, a revox or 6 way maybe. the only problem is its a single pivot so i don't want it to bob a ton when im pedaling around

The revox is very pedal friendly more than the 6 way and far and far better,the new 6 way has still spv and the revox has intrinsic witch is a better platform.I ride also a single pivot bike and it's perfect.The only thing you noticed is your'e wallet when you buy a revox with the standard Ti spring.

Posted: Dec 5, 2007 at 6:26 Quote
fox 40 as a matter of factBig Grin Big Grin 4 a rear shock the dhx5 is neat

Posted: Dec 5, 2007 at 6:31 Quote
Does anyone know what the Rock Shox Vivid shock is like because im thinkin og getting one but know seems to have tried one

Posted: Dec 7, 2007 at 11:19 Quote
i've had a rocco for two seasons now and its been excelent. has a very smooth compression rate. my buddy has a v10 and when he had a dhx5 he kept getting play at the beginning of the stroke even after being rebuilt by fox. when he put a rocco on it completely went away. havent heard of this problem else where but something to think about.

Posted: Dec 7, 2007 at 12:09 Quote
id either say a fox DHX or manitou 6 way

i have a demo 8 and a fox, have the pro-pedal damping turned all the way up, and still get alot of pedal feedback.

my mate has a bottlerocket with the 6 way, and i can sprint and try to bounce on it, yet it is rigid until i hit a bump.

im not sure i have mine properly set up though, and not sure how his is set up

Posted: Dec 7, 2007 at 12:15 Quote
I'd put the CCDB in the lead, followed by a Revox, but I am very interested by the new Vivid and would love to try one. For people saying DHX 5, and Swingers...move up a notch. I have a DHX 5 and have owned a 6way, but they are nothing special.

Posted: Dec 7, 2007 at 12:17 Quote
the double barrel is probably the best as they are built for you and your frame. they are completely adjustable but you do have to play around with the setup a bit. no mass produced shock can come close as they are building them to suit a vast array of riders and weights. if you get a roco or dhx pushed, it would bring it closer in line with the double barrel but it still wouldn't be the same. remember that factory riders are paid to ride a certain brand and they also have access to factory tuning. if you have the money, get a double barrel as it wil be custom built for you. you can't go wrong that way, or look for a fox or roco on ebay and get it pushed. it will still be cheaper than a double barrel

Mod
Posted: Dec 7, 2007 at 12:19 Quote
Anybody know how Curnutt's rank up there? My new bike has a choice of a Curnutt or a Romic.. and I am leading towards the Curnutt.

Posted: Dec 7, 2007 at 12:24 Quote
Don't get me wrong on this,but the double barel is basicly a Ohlins shock dialed and shortend down for Mtb use.

Posted: Dec 7, 2007 at 12:27 Quote
terriflow3-0 wrote:
Anybody know how Curnutt's rank up there? My new bike has a choice of a Curnutt or a Romic.. and I am leading towards the Curnutt.

if your'e bike isn't a foes,Don't go for the curnutt because it won't fit your'e bike.It's special made for all Foes bikes.

Mod
Posted: Dec 7, 2007 at 12:34 Quote
trekrules wrote:
terriflow3-0 wrote:

if your'e bike isn't a foes,Don't go for the curnutt because it won't fit your'e bike.It's special made for all Foes bikes.

welll my new bike is a foes... so my option is a romic or curnutt.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016925
Mobile Version of Website