Powered by Outside

The not-so-amature Rate my picture thread!

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The not-so-amature Rate my picture thread!
O+
Posted: Jan 19, 2011 at 18:55 Quote
the forground bothers me, and i wish there was a tad bit more sky without the jet stream and a bit more exposed. 5/10

p.s. let me know if the watermark is dece or not
photo

Posted: Jan 20, 2011 at 7:32 Quote
I hear you about the foreground. I probably could have got more sky but I think I would need a better wide angle lens, or would have had to move back to far to see the camp. I agree though, a wide angle would make this look better.

Love the lighting, except that bit of golden at the LL. The railing lines work well and contrast nicely with the white snow. I think your watermark needs some work. I'd like to see it a bit more blended in, or maybe even angled a bit so it looks like it was actually painted on the wall behind it so it doesnt stand out so much at first. What settings did you use, aperture wise? Looks like everything is pretty well focused.

7/10

Another camping shot, personally I'd like to see the lower half a bit brighter. Maybe it works as a morning feeling.

photo

Posted: Jan 21, 2011 at 15:36 Quote
I think the tent needs to go. I know you probably were tried to keep that look of camping but this photo looks to cluttered. I think if you keep the main subject on just the tree it would have worked out better.The colors look a little dull to me also.
6/10
photo

Posted: Jan 26, 2011 at 23:04 Quote
7/10 I really like the shot overall, I think it could use a touch more work in levels, maybe a little less head room would be nice too.

photo

Posted: Jan 29, 2011 at 16:43 Quote
singlespeedtoday wrote:
7/10 I really like the shot overall, I think it could use a touch more work in levels, maybe a little less head room would be nice too.

photo

This thread should be called the rate my black and white pictures lol. I just noticed so many are B&W. No problem though!

7/10. I like a few things about this image...I happen to like the weeds sticking in the front of the buildings, some people don't but I think it adds some quality. I like how there aren't any signs around, kind of a lonely place it seems. The Black and white works well contrasting the building. The only thing I'd say could help would be to darken the mountains a bit in the background so they pop out more, the composition is right on but if you could see them more it would be sweet. Good work!

Another B&W for our new club haha,

photo

Posted: Jan 29, 2011 at 19:18 Quote
4-5/10. Rider is a bit lost in the picture because of the similar tones. Bit of a boring angle, rider not doing anything epic, I think colour may suite it a bit better (and that's coming from a black and white junky). If you really want to try to resurrect it, try moving the curves and dodging and burning to bring the rider out. Also, I know it's not as related, but it still kind of is, the watermark is kind of 1999. I don't like the little catchphrase either. How about just something simple like your name, or something like that instead?
You did get everything frozen though, and you did get his body/leg almost lining up on the diagonal which is good.

photo

One of the rare colour shot's that I've produced lately lol

Posted: Jan 31, 2011 at 15:38 Quote
ledzeppie wrote:
4-5/10. Rider is a bit lost in the picture because of the similar tones. Bit of a boring angle, rider not doing anything epic, I think colour may suite it a bit better (and that's coming from a black and white junky). If you really want to try to resurrect it, try moving the curves and dodging and burning to bring the rider out. Also, I know it's not as related, but it still kind of is, the watermark is kind of 1999. I don't like the little catchphrase either. How about just something simple like your name, or something like that instead?
You did get everything frozen though, and you did get his body/leg almost lining up on the diagonal which is good.

photo

One of the rare colour shot's that I've produced lately lol
love it, colours are great, good comp, baby is pricelss, i say, a solid 6.5/10
photo

Posted: Feb 6, 2011 at 8:37 Quote
It's a bit busy, no strong subject that really anchors my eye. At least when I'm viewing it on my iPhone lol. I get what you are going for but I don't think it worked out (I say this as I know you can do better). I'd give it a 5/10. I wonder if moving to the right and centering that building more would help.
photo

Posted: Feb 8, 2011 at 8:12 Quote
ledzeppie wrote:
photo

totally see where you are coming from, next time i am up there ill give it another shot.

as for yours, it doesnt get much better then that, im sure there are ways of improving it, but for now, 9/10

and mine
photo

Posted: Mar 12, 2011 at 8:52 Quote
Nicely done. I like the lighting focused on the object, the color is well balanced and varied, and I'm not sure what the object actually is so it holds some interest. Well done. 9/10

If I had a full frame the lower right hand corner where the building gets cut off would have stayed, but I still like how it turned out. Getty Museum in LA.

photo

Posted: Mar 12, 2011 at 9:11 Quote
I like the way just the top of the sun is shining over the building and the simple colours work really well. Well done on adding a watermark in an obscure place while still not completely hiding it. However, there isn't really anything particular special happening here. Well done anyway though. 5/10.

Im just really starting out in photography so any tips would be greatly appreciated.

photo

Camera: Canon EOS REBEL T2i
Shutter Speed: 1/800
Aperture: f/4.5
Focal Length: 50.0 mm
ISO Speed: 100

Posted: Mar 12, 2011 at 9:27 Quote
The colours and tones look good. Your rider is also positioned in the frame nicely. However, the close angle doesn't really work for me. The shot would be a lot more effective had it been a wider view or a different angle. You want to capture the surroundings. Your photo leaves me asking, a few questions. How big is the slope? Are you in the mountains or just on a hill of gravel? What does the background look like? Is there any scenery in the background to capture?

Overall, I'd give the photo a 4/10.

photo

Posted: Mar 12, 2011 at 23:19 Quote
i like how theres an aspect of movement in the picture. it looks very calming the way the scenery is so open and it really gives the eye something to look at. overall great picture, definately better than anythig i can do. rate it a generous 6.5/10

i just got into photography also, heres my pic
criticism on camera stats would be nice aswell
Camera: Nikon D5000
Aperture: f/7.1
Focal Length: 62.0 mm
ISO Speed: 200
photo

Posted: Mar 13, 2011 at 8:16 Quote
newbikesoon wrote:
i like how theres an aspect of movement in the picture. it looks very calming the way the scenery is so open and it really gives the eye something to look at. overall great picture, definately better than anythig i can do. rate it a generous 6.5/10

i just got into photography also, heres my pic
criticism on camera stats would be nice aswell
Camera: Nikon D5000
Aperture: f/7.1
Focal Length: 62.0 mm
ISO Speed: 200
photo
The rider is centered in the frame. If you got lower and put the rider in the top of the frame and used more of the ground as a foreground for your picture. Maybe try this next time lye down on your stomach and shot at 18mm and got up nice and close it would probably look better if you ask me. Or you could have shot the picture horizontal and put the rider in the left side of the frame.
Besides that the colors dont really pop mostly because you were shooting in direct sunlight so maybe play around in photo shop and add some contrast.
Another thing you should try to do is use the line of the coping to draw the viewers eyes to the rider.
4/10

Posted: Mar 13, 2011 at 9:11 Quote
Yo Roger Doger, we need a picture from you dude!

To get it started again here's a Fruit Tart from LA.

photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.023809
Mobile Version of Website