Powered by Outside

Specialized Big Hit 2004 Chain Guide

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Specialized Big Hit 2004 Chain Guide
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 23, 2011 at 14:06 Quote
The cranks have additional holes (i assume for attaching a smaller chain ring) this catches on the inside of the chain guide, it actually catches on the backplate as well as I can't get the crank in flush, they are Holzfeller al 7050 tv truvativ

Just to be sure here, I'm screwing the cup off the bottom bracket, putting on the back plate, then screwing the cup back in.

They fitted before the reason being the old chainguide didn't sit out off the frame at all, the new, nice chain guide sits out about 5 mill

This is the offender here, http://jl-bikershop.tradoria-shop.de/p/281882371/truvativ-krg-truvativ-holzfeller-dh-alu-38-z-170mm-lg-o-kss-mirror-schwarz?psm=l%2BDto3uJ5dT48OoJENLYjO2qA9lWZ/bAjUmM94jdM4M%3D&cid=shopinfo

Posted: Feb 23, 2011 at 21:58 Quote
Firsty, you should have bought a ISCG Mount chain device, That would have bolted directly to those three little holes located around your bottom bracket but never mind, You need whats called a Bottom bracket spacer ring. You should have had 1 or 2 in the box when you bought your bottom bracket, however if you dont then your local bike shop should be able to give you one or two for next to nothing. They should cost pence. They come in lots of different thicknesses but you should always have as little as possible. You fit them between your bottom bracket and chain device, Not between your chain device and frame. do you understand what im trying to say? Hope this helps.

Posted: Feb 24, 2011 at 12:40 Quote
I did buy an ISCG mount chain device, Cheers for the advice on the spacers, im going to go to crc (its just down the road from me) and pick some spacers up.

Posted: Feb 24, 2011 at 13:41 Quote
Hmm. Im confused. if you bought a iscg mountable guide then you have no need to take your bottom bracket off at all! your guide just bolts straight onto the frame and fits over the BB. However you may still need a spacer or do what some people do to give them a better chain line and that is to get a dremmel to the granny ring mounts!

Posted: Feb 14, 2014 at 6:10 Quote
so what option fits the 2004 big hit without anytrouble at all.

BB mount - this replaces one of the spacers on your BB and is held on by your BB or cup.
ISCG mount - Smaller PCD 3 bolt fitting
ISCG 05 mount - Larger PCD 3 bolt fitting

???

Posted: Feb 14, 2014 at 10:54 Quote
kiter-jack wrote:
so what option fits the 2004 big hit without anytrouble at all.

BB mount - this replaces one of the spacers on your BB and is held on by your BB or cup.
ISCG mount - Smaller PCD 3 bolt fitting
ISCG 05 mount - Larger PCD 3 bolt fitting

???

A 30 second Google search gave me the answer.

Be sure read a few of the links tho as it appears some devices , even with the right ISCG , won't comply

Posted: Feb 14, 2014 at 17:38 Quote
i did try the google search and because of the uncertaintys it lead me to this thread!!

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012128
Mobile Version of Website