Powered by Outside

gears or single speed?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
gears or single speed?
  • Next Page
Posted: Dec 5, 2007 at 12:47 Quote
it really depends, if your a die hard street rider, then it would probably be a good idea to go single. but if you sort of use your bike to get around or ride some dirt trails then you should probably stick to gears.

Posted: Nov 14, 2010 at 2:48 Quote
i only ride street, as our park sucks, and i run 27-10 and it is, id say, the best for street. it seems to be fine on dirt jumps aswell

Posted: Nov 14, 2010 at 3:17 Quote
odin333 wrote:
it really depends, if your a die hard street rider, then it would probably be a good idea to go single. but if you sort of use your bike to get around or ride some dirt trails then you should probably stick to gears.

no way i never see anyone with gears on the dirt trails. go singlespeed anyway mate

Posted: Nov 14, 2010 at 3:23 Quote
No need to ask anyone its all down to preference, shift your bike into a certain gear and keep it there for a few days try out other gears and when you find the best or closest oto what you'd like keep that combo or if you need to shift then keep your gears.
SIMPLE!Big Grin

Posted: Nov 29, 2010 at 19:36 Quote
ns-bitch wrote:
mtbrider007 wrote:
Do it run a 32 in the front and a 16 in the back. Thats what i ride.

thats the exact gear i use, its perfect. ss in more simple and u dont have to waste money on stupid deraillurs.

same here

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.037079
Mobile Version of Website