Ontario Bike Trails!

PB Forum :: Canada - East
Ontario Bike Trails!
Posted: Mar 26, 2011 at 0:00 Quote
im temped to go ride the hydro cut, but knowing my luck ill get there and it will be a mud bog, gonna go walk chicopee tomorrow and see how stuff wintered

Posted: Mar 26, 2011 at 11:17 Quote
Im going to wait till mid april to see if things are better for riding!! At least i know where it is now

Posted: Apr 1, 2011 at 16:48 Quote
anyone been out riding yet this year? i've been wanting to go out to kelso but i know it will be a sloppy mess

Posted: Apr 1, 2011 at 17:10 Quote
was good a month ago, then all the snow came back. been very wet lately. Is kelso open for riding yet?

Posted: Apr 1, 2011 at 17:20 Quote
as of the 28th, no. its going to be rain and sun all next week. i say it should be good about half way through april.

Posted: Apr 1, 2011 at 17:45 Quote
Went up to 3 Stage today to check out the trails. Still lots of snow up on the mountain.

Posted: Apr 1, 2011 at 18:18 Quote
going for a trail ride at chicopee tomorrow, shall see how much mud there is lol

Posted: Apr 1, 2011 at 18:22 Quote
i am going to go for a walk in the don valley tomorrow. i will upadte on the condition

Posted: Apr 2, 2011 at 9:21 Quote
i went out to mohawk yesterday and it was brutal for the fact that alot of the trails in the thick forrest are still coverd in 5-10cm of snow on top of a layer of ice than when you get out of the snow you get into thick mud, theres alot of trails with flooded areas. ill try to get out in a few days and see how it is then has anybody been to hilton falls recently?

Posted: Apr 2, 2011 at 10:13 Quote
cartera wrote:
i went out to mohawk yesterday and it was brutal for the fact that alot of the trails in the thick forrest are still coverd in 5-10cm of snow on top of a layer of ice than when you get out of the snow you get into thick mud, theres alot of trails with flooded areas. ill try to get out in a few days and see how it is then has anybody been to hilton falls recently?

Im just going to walk through a local trail mid april, which should be a better time to see if its ready or not

Posted: Apr 7, 2011 at 18:34 Quote
i was back out at mohawk on the 5th and it was quite nice because most of the snow is gone and some of the trails are tacky but there were sections of trails about 20-300ft in length of water it not super deep but there are some areas that get very deep. i will be back out there tomorrow and will give yet another trail report.

Posted: Apr 7, 2011 at 18:43 Quote
was just out to Chicopee today, most of the snow is gone, but no maintenance work has been done as of yet(ie. clearing downed tree's and shit) also there is orange fencing blocking all of the north run, and at the top of the north lift, the cable is also off the towers/pulleys. not sure exactly whats going on but it dont look good.

O+
Posted: Apr 7, 2011 at 20:05 Quote
cartera wrote:
i was back out at mohawk on the 5th and it was quite nice because most of the snow is gone and some of the trails are tacky but there were sections of trails about 20-300ft in length of water it not super deep but there are some areas that get very deep. i will be back out there tomorrow and will give yet another trail report.

Man when me and ben went we were rotor deep in some sections, if you stopped pedalling you were f*cked haha

You bringing your scream or wolverine tommorrow?

Posted: Apr 9, 2011 at 18:22 Quote
Rode Mohawk/Hilton Falls today. conditions were great, dirt was tacky, sun was out. shorts and t shirt!!!
Even got colour on my pastey while arms. been a long winter, but we're back.

O+
Posted: Apr 9, 2011 at 18:26 Quote
stew325 wrote:
Rode Mohawk/Hilton Falls today. conditions were great, dirt was tacky, sun was out. shorts and t shirt!!!
Even got colour on my pastey while arms. been a long winter, but we're back.

What bike you on?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.070830
Mobile Version of Website