Powered by Outside

SR Suntour Axon-Your Opinions?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
SR Suntour Axon-Your Opinions?
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 8, 2011 at 10:00 Quote
Well my gf is a beginner + as we're on a budget. But if Charge, you say that happened, then I'm kind of put of by them already.

Posted: Sep 8, 2011 at 10:01 Quote
The one i linked is cheaper matey. Will save you needing a 20mm front wheel too.

Posted: Sep 8, 2011 at 10:02 Quote
kinetic-uk wrote:
Well my gf is a beginner + as we're on a budget. But if Charge, you say that happened, then I'm kind of put of by them already.

Go with charges link to the marzo.

Posted: Sep 8, 2011 at 10:03 Quote
Problem is, that she wants them in white! lol So any white fork which is cheap will do. If we got the lowers sprayed it'd cost more money too.

Posted: Sep 8, 2011 at 10:05 Quote
kinetic-uk wrote:
Problem is, that she wants them in white! lol So any white fork which is cheap will do. If we got the lowers sprayed it'd cost more money too.

So you have just wasted our time asking for help to turn around to tell us she wants white,crack on with the axiom.

Posted: Sep 8, 2011 at 10:07 Quote
Nope, and sorry if I wasted your time (maybe I should've put white in the description) but she wants a white cheap as possible XC fork.

Posted: Sep 8, 2011 at 10:09 Quote
thats not a rockshox fork.

Rockshox make all the low end white XC forks...

Posted: Sep 8, 2011 at 10:12 Quote
Would rather have a fork that lasts over a fecking colour.

Posted: Sep 8, 2011 at 10:15 Quote
She's a woman Wink She wants her bike to look snazzy. And I'll try convince her that RS are decent forks.

Posted: Sep 8, 2011 at 11:29 Quote
Dude i forgot to mention, the store link with Axon u posted is kind expensive 300€ Eek You can find it here for 190€ www.rczbikeshop.com (now it's out of stock and not listed) Usually they bring new stuff every month u should check it regullary. U don't need new wheel cause this is standard 9mm axle. But in your case i would choose something else for your lady.

Here is few options:
1) Suntour Epicon RLD White 160€ (shipping included) excellent value for money!!
2) Rock Shox Recon Silver TK Solo Air White 160€ + 20€ Shipping Cost approximately
3) Rock Shox Recon Gold RL Black 230€ + 20€ Shipping approximately

I bought my Epicon six months ago from this seller (link posted above) no TAX charge, item was declared as gift. I choose mine based on reviews and did't regret it. Also u can go with Recon Gold, but they have it only in Black, still in great price. White is tappered 1.5 to 1 1/8, so no suited for her bike i guess. If u can find it better price go for Recon Gold, IMO. Always based on reviews. BTW if u can wait, try to check regullary RCZbikeshop, they listed RS Reba RL for 250€ Eek Eek Eek But goes quickly out of stock.

Thats my suggestions. Good luck!

EDIT: Before you make up your mind, try and search reviews on net. Helps a lot. It's not ultimate guide but helps, many diffrent opinions and critics. Especially the one i mentioned in previus post, comparing 1000$ forks with 300$ and calling them s h i t........go figure.

Posted: Sep 10, 2011 at 14:19 Quote
I suggest you buy her a white rock shox reba and remove the damned decals. Tell her whatever you want until she tells you she loves it after the first ride. Alternatively, a Suntour epicon is pretty solid, has lockout, adjustable rebound, a 15QR bolt through, and a solo air spring.

Posted: Sep 10, 2011 at 14:22 Quote
I had that idea in mind lol

Posted: Sep 10, 2011 at 14:26 Quote
kinetic-uk wrote:
I had that idea in mind lol

Better yet, get some FOX decals from eBay, some gold spray paint from your local art shop and BAM, a pair of F120 RLC FIT Kashima's (for the first two rides).

Because you can't take thank-you blowjobs back!

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014107
Mobile Version of Website