2012 Rocky Mountain Flatline

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
2012 Rocky Mountain Flatline
Posted: Sep 16, 2011 at 8:36 Quote
Go with kashimas and i am very jealous looks so sick

FL
Posted: Sep 16, 2011 at 14:56 Quote
andytheaussie wrote:
Alrighty, my frame arrived today. i say 'My' because I was deciding between this and a new V10. Coming off an 09 V10 I had figured it might be time to try something a little different. This is the first Blackout frame in Australia and 30 seconds after it was out of the box I was saying "I'll take it."

We did put it on the scales a respectable 5.5kg's (12.1lbs). Not that light but not too bad. Looks amazing in real life. Can't weight to build it up! Hmmm, Kashima coated 40's or Boxxer World Cups...

My new Frame...
My new Frame...
My new Frame...

Looks unreal! I would personaly go with the kashima 40. I like the feel of my boxxer world cup, in that it has nearly endless adjustability. But the 40 is really easy to tune compaired to the boxxer and much easer to maintain. Also the stifness of the flex in the fork is money to ride!

Posted: Sep 16, 2011 at 15:42 Quote
Looks unreal! I would personaly go with the kashima 40. I like the feel of my boxxer world cup, in that it has nearly endless adjustability. But the 40 is really easy to tune compaired to the boxxer and much easer to maintain. Also the stifness of the flex in the fork is money to ride![/Quote]

Always just been a Boxxer fan. Especially since they changed in 09. Got 2011 World Cups sitting in their box in my garage which I'm keen to try too. Doesn't hurt that they're so light...
Got a few weeks to decide...

Posted: Sep 16, 2011 at 16:24 Quote
andytheaussie wrote:
Looks unreal! I would personaly go with the kashima 40. I like the feel of my boxxer world cup, in that it has nearly endless adjustability. But the 40 is really easy to tune compaired to the boxxer and much easer to maintain. Also the stifness of the flex in the fork is money to ride!

Always just been a Boxxer fan. Especially since they changed in 09. Got 2011 World Cups sitting in their box in my garage which I'm keen to try too. Doesn't hurt that they're so light...
Got a few weeks to decide...[/Quote]
Have you ridden the rocky mountain yet?want to know if its any good

FL
Posted: Sep 16, 2011 at 17:13 Quote
andytheaussie wrote:

Got a few weeks to decide...[/Quote]

For sure! The boxxer is a dialed fork! I raced the 2011 fork this year and its super plush, you just have to stay on top of regular mantinence. Not that you wouldn't have to do that with a 40. Just a little easer to do in my opinion. But the 40 is quite a bit heavier since its coil, 40 mil stancons and a bigger oil bath. On top of that, with the new kashima coating the seals are double the price.

Posted: Sep 16, 2011 at 21:20 Quote
Downhill340 wrote:
Have you ridden the rocky mountain yet?want to know if its any good

Sadly I haven't built it up yet. A few weeks away still. As soon as it's built I'll be riding it and posting a full report.

O+
Posted: Sep 16, 2011 at 22:50 Quote
I've spent time on the Flatline...it's a rad bike. Very neutral, which is a unique quality in its own way in the sense that it's rad for all sorts of big-bike riding. Stiff and flickable, supple and stable.....and trustworthy. We call 'em a mistake catcher. You can get yourself into all kinds of gnarly spots on the trail, and as long as you keep your head cool and do your best to make it through, you will. That might be more rider than bike in itself, but the bike is confidence inspiring enough to let you do so. Personally I like the Flatline built up w/ a Single Crown and a regular lower HS Cup, w/ a Zero Stack top cup and a little bit softer in the rear than the front for high speed compression. keeps you stable at speed, but you can really get over the front end and ride super aggressively too. Although I do like it lots with the 40.....I just found a 180mm 36 do almost as good of a job, while being lots lighter and dropping the head angle a bit.

Posted: Oct 31, 2011 at 3:41 Quote
any news on the price of the flatline world cup?

Posted: Oct 31, 2011 at 17:53 Quote
well i know that...

O+
Posted: Oct 31, 2011 at 21:24 Quote
You asked. I have one in stock at the shop that I work at for around 6. I wont be more specific as prices will vary shop to shop.

Posted: Nov 1, 2011 at 2:52 Quote
k,well thank you.and when u say u have one in the shop you mean the 2011 right? cuz mines sin't getting shipped till after the first of the year

Posted: Nov 1, 2011 at 6:45 Quote
NorthEasternDH wrote:
k,well thank you.and when u say u have one in the shop you mean the 2011 right? cuz mines sin't getting shipped till after the first of the year
He might not mean the 2011.
Some people already have the 2012 version scroll up a few comments or pages a guy on this thread has one If I remember correctly

O+
Posted: Nov 1, 2011 at 10:58 Quote
I mean the 2012.....

That just means we got dibs on our sooner than you did. Also have a couple of blackout frames Drool

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.022861
Mobile Version of Website