Powered by Outside

Ask me anything muscle related

PB Forum :: Fitness, Training and Health
Ask me anything muscle related
  • Next Page
Posted: Jun 19, 2011 at 11:20 Quote
XTC-FTW wrote:
Here's one, so I went to the gym with a buddy and we did abs that day.. I have a good amount of stomach fat I need to lose and he on the other hand has a 6 pack... we did crunches, planks, push ups, side ups with a weight ball and an angle and a few other exercises... my abs began to hurt for a few days and even after almost 5 days.. I can't do a SINGLE rep without collapsing... whats going on?! over worked? or is my body just weak?

If you have stomach fat to lose, you're not going to lose it by JUST doing sit ups. Unfortunately, you're going to have to run to get rid of it....Not just a little bit, a lot.

Running is one of the best exercises for lower abs; core strenght is huge for any sport or being fit for that matter, but remember that back and abs are your two opposing muscle groups. You can't just work your abs until they burn everyday and ignore your back. Eventually if you continue this actually can throw your posture off a little.

Posted: Jun 19, 2011 at 11:21 Quote
jay-stews wrote:
XTC-FTW wrote:
Here's one, so I went to the gym with a buddy and we did abs that day.. I have a good amount of stomach fat I need to lose and he on the other hand has a 6 pack... we did crunches, planks, push ups, side ups with a weight ball and an angle and a few other exercises... my abs began to hurt for a few days and even after almost 5 days.. I can't do a SINGLE rep without collapsing... whats going on?! over worked? or is my body just weak?

If you have stomach fat to lose, you're not going to lose it by JUST doing sit ups. Unfortunately, you're going to have to run to get rid of it....Not just a little bit, a lot.

Running is one of the best exercises for lower abs; core strenght is huge for any sport or being fit for that matter, but remember that back and abs are your two opposing muscle groups. You can't just work your abs until they burn everyday and ignore your back. Eventually if you continue this actually can throw your posture off a little.

Thanks mate.. I started running today... god damn biking long distance and running short distance are two different worlds lol

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009927
Mobile Version of Website