Powered by Outside

Thoughts on Mafiabikes?

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Thoughts on Mafiabikes?
Posted: Apr 23, 2012 at 9:29 Quote
HELLO PEOPLE HAVE YOU GUYS EVER RODE A MAFIA OR DO YOU JUST GO BY WHAT OTHER PEOPLE SAY.... WELL I HAVE A MAFIA FOR AGES NOW AND IM ONE OF THOES PEOPLE WHO LIKE TO GO IN THE ACTION STRAIGHT AWAY AND WHAT I MEAN BY THAT IS DOING HIGH FLY OUTS WHILE DOING LIKE A TAILWHIP OR SOMETHING AND MY CHROME MAFIA IS DOING REALLY WELL ITS LIGHT AS HELL AND GOES SMOOTH BASICLLY LOOOOVVVEE IT SO DONT KNOW WHAT PEOPLE SAY DONT CARE I LOVE MY BIKE

Posted: Apr 23, 2012 at 10:10 Quote
THIS IS REALLY f*ckING POINTLESS.

Posted: Apr 23, 2012 at 10:21 Quote
fitCOboy wrote:
HELLO PEOPLE HAVE YOU GUYS EVER RODE A MAFIA OR DO YOU JUST GO BY WHAT OTHER PEOPLE SAY.... WELL I HAVE A MAFIA FOR AGES NOW AND IM ONE OF THOES PEOPLE WHO LIKE TO GO IN THE ACTION STRAIGHT AWAY AND WHAT I MEAN BY THAT IS DOING HIGH FLY OUTS WHILE DOING LIKE A TAILWHIP OR SOMETHING AND MY CHROME MAFIA IS DOING REALLY WELL ITS LIGHT AS HELL AND GOES SMOOTH BASICLLY LOOOOVVVEE IT SO DONT KNOW WHAT PEOPLE SAY DONT CARE I LOVE MY BIKE
you're an idiot and a troll. any further comments from you will be met with a picture of a llama.

Posted: Oct 30, 2012 at 16:12 Quote
i love my mafia bike clip its awesome for what i want just street and abit of park

Posted: Oct 30, 2012 at 16:35 Quote
Honest truth? mafia bikes are good for the price...but compare it to any quality bmx its not contest. for a first bike go for it, but don't pretend its a amazing bike because its not

Posted: Oct 31, 2012 at 3:01 Quote
Yeah there good starter bikes, don't buy one if your on the heavy side or are a good rider. I snapped my forks, cracked my frame and a snapped my bars. But I would recommend them to any beginner over a scooter anyday

O+
Posted: Jan 30, 2013 at 15:00 Quote
my friend got one to learn tricks on first tso it was not as hard to learn on a MTB Bike and we we going to his house and he was saying the cranks were not feeling right so sure as not the crank came of and it was put together and everything ........the worst part is it was less than a week OLD!!!!!!!!!!

Posted: Feb 1, 2013 at 18:40 Quote
Obviously didn't loctite the crank bolt, and check it regularly, 8-spline cranks always come loose.

Posted: Feb 11, 2013 at 5:47 Quote
3 of my friends have the clip 2 and they are really good. Great Geo, nice weigh, removable brake mounts... Great bikes for begeiner and up...

Posted: Mar 20, 2013 at 13:58 Quote
ma mafia was doing good till ma 9t collapsed but they are one of the smoothest bike to do street and park on. my bars just now are khe anchor bars and im trying to swap them for a 9t

Posted: Mar 20, 2013 at 14:00 Quote
thats not the proper page

Posted: Mar 21, 2013 at 9:32 Quote
jamiegalletly wrote:
ma mafia was doing good till ma 9t collapsed but they are one of the smoothest bike to do street and park on. my bars just now are khe anchor bars and im trying to swap them for a 9t

any bike is gonna be just as 'smooth' as you put it to ride street and park on, give or take the tire pressure. and the best bike for street and park is sure as f*ck not gonna be a mafia bike, or any complete.
anyway it's not about street or park, trails is shouting Wink
also, this thread is a zombie...

Posted: Dec 21, 2015 at 15:04 Quote
im riding a mafia clip 2, and it's f*cking awesome and has a good reputation, ok it's not gonna be as good as a wtp arcade but its good enough... and hi tensile steel maybe be heavier but it takes a better beating that cromoly, so stop being a little weight obsessed bitch.

Posted: May 29, 2016 at 16:16 Quote
Buddy bought one and a frame from Danscomp (full cromo). Total for everything was about $500.00 USD. The frame is hi-ten, but he swapped the parts of the Mafia to the WTP he got on scratch and dent from Danscomp. The only thing that I can say after 3 months of riding with him (he isn't brand new but he has only been riding 2yrs) is the cranks do come loose as most people know 8 spline cranks do. The wheels are amazingly good so far. I did however tension and true them before he rode. He isn't smooth and everything has held up good thus far.

Is it better than say a $600 Sunday or Colony complete say as examples. No, yet if you are looking for a cheap replacement of parts or building a new bike. This is a good option. You can get frames of Danscomp and other mail order sites for say (clearance and scratch and dent) $150-200 and a mid priced Mafia is $250-ish (free shipping). Most of the top companies completes that are full cromo are $650+. Many also aren't in your size or color scheme. Bottom line with this you have an option for a good bike that depending on how much you spend can save you money. Don't forget you can get cranks, frames and more off Pinkbike to really lower the price. I added up some used parts (frame and 48 spline cranks) a Mafia and a $155.00 Haro and it was less than half the top end complete bikes that are cromo on Danscomp.

Posted: May 29, 2016 at 16:21 Quote
jjoxt wrote:
im riding a mafia clip 2, and it's f*cking awesome and has a good reputation, ok it's not gonna be as good as a wtp arcade but its good enough... and hi tensile steel maybe be heavier but it takes a better beating that cromoly, so stop being a little weight obsessed bitch.

Heavier and steel bends fast if you ride hard. A few 50-50's and I bend the dropouts and I'm 170lbs. It also has a tendency to crack (really more of pulls apart) at high stress areas.

It isn't bad, but if you're an experienced rider or do alot of big drops, ginds and aren't super smooth it can quickly catch up to the frame. Check stress areas before a ride and after, so you don't miss anything. Enjoy it and have fun, but keep an eye on the stuff I mentioned above and you should be ok for awhile.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013456
Mobile Version of Website