Custom wheels

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Custom wheels
Posted: Jun 21, 2011 at 7:38 Quote
Sweet wheels!! Keep up the good work!

Posted: Jun 21, 2011 at 7:49 Quote
I think this may be an awesome thread!

Posted: Jun 21, 2011 at 10:20 Quote
what kind of lacing did you use on the nsbikes trail master rim? going to be building it mine up as soon as i get a hub an the spoke size needed.ive seen a 3 cross and radial laced with them,even tho they state not to use cross lacing on the rim.nsbikes website say you can cross lace them.

Posted: Jun 21, 2011 at 18:13 Quote
marcp1 wrote:
what kind of lacing did you use on the nsbikes trail master rim? going to be building it mine up as soon as i get a hub an the spoke size needed.ive seen a 3 cross and radial laced with them,even tho they state not to use cross lacing on the rim.nsbikes website say you can cross lace them.

I've laced it 3x with 262mm and 263mm.

cross lacing is easier on the hub than radial, all hub can be cross lace, only the hub with stronger flange can be lace radial

Posted: Jun 22, 2011 at 2:47 Quote
marcp1 wrote:

Not this dicusion again please.

Ns is refering to cross lacing as in lacing the spoke to the opposite side of the rim, which is common on some bmx rims, it offers more sideways strength but requires the rim to be specificly designed for said purpose. People commonly confuze this with 3x vs radial lacing patterns.

Im on my phone atm but if you dont understand what im saying ill put up pictures in the morning.

Posted: Jun 22, 2011 at 5:10 Quote
right ok,didnt relise it had been coverd before.
cheers for the help guys

Posted: Jun 22, 2011 at 8:26 Quote
i find it your name is marc, and the discussion was with marquis Razz

Posted: Jun 22, 2011 at 15:47 Quote
marcp1 wrote:
right ok,didnt relise it had been coverd before.
cheers for the help guys

I wasn't thinking about the rim, but the rims that are design to be cross lace must be cross lace and those that aren't design to be cross lace shouldn't. usually cross laced rims use +2mm spokes for the same erd

Posted: Jun 22, 2011 at 20:25 Quote
How do you like the machine itself? Easy to use? Awesome?
Do you just buy a long spoke like a 300mm+ and cut them down to the size you need instead of stocking a bunch of different spoke lengths? I know at the shop I work at its pretty rare we find a wheel that we can't find a size of spoke for instock or get ordered in.

Posted: Jun 23, 2011 at 11:29 Quote
driftrc wrote:
photo
My new front wheel for the 26" Dirt Jumper...
BMX Eclat Tech 36 hole laced to a DT Swiss EX500
Thats possibly the sexiest wheel build ive ever seen

Posted: Jun 23, 2011 at 12:08 Quote
xI2y wrote:
driftrc wrote:
photo
My new front wheel for the 26" Dirt Jumper...
BMX Eclat Tech 36 hole laced to a DT Swiss EX500
Thats possibly the sexiest wheel build ive ever seen
its just a really nice pic of the hub, nothing else. a better comment would be "nice photography skills man"

Posted: Jun 23, 2011 at 12:12 Quote
it is a tasty looking wheel (same as mine almost Razz ) but i must agree with the person above

Posted: Jul 2, 2011 at 16:20 Quote
wheel
wheel
wheel
wheel

I did few wheels last week that I didn't had time to post, I did 1 more that I'll post later and I have a wheelset to do as soon as all parts will be in with affine 11 speeds, and white industrie M16 front hub, syncro DS28 rims and philwood single butted 13/14 spokes

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.026322
Mobile Version of Website