Powered by Outside

Updated BMX Products Review Thread (More Reviews, Less Questions)

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Updated BMX Products Review Thread (More Reviews, Less Questions)
Posted: Jun 17, 2011 at 1:11 Quote
Eclat bondi rims, aro and straight wall, brought these at first expecting them to last a long time, over a year later both the front and rear had cracked along the welded seem, over all a strong rim while they lasted and they remained completely true but over all very disappointed in them as the front had had comparatively very little abuse.

Eclat tibia cranks, Simple, Strong & light, been running mine for nearly a year and a half with out any problems at all, little bit of locktite on the bolt and you will never have to even worry about them coming lose either. would recommend to anyone

Posted: Jun 17, 2011 at 1:40 Quote
sherbet wrote:
ISuckAtBikes wrote:
Redline device cranks:

Amazing cranks, especially for the price. These have held up to my riding for about a year with no problems. They do need tightening every once in a while, but that's not a problem. They're light, cheap, and strong, any they go on and come off the bike fairly easily.
Another thing worth mentioning, the paint has only just now started wearing off the arms a little, after almost a year! That's pretty good, considering I rub the sides of my shoes on the cranks when I pedal.
Overall, nice cranks, and more than worth the money. I give them a 9/10 just because of them needing tightening sometimes. 9/10

Locktite the bolts and they'll hold on for ages longer. Make sure to use blue not red.
is locktite safe for titanium spindle and titanium bolt that keeps gettin loose.. i mite of asked u before but i forget Razz

Posted: Jun 17, 2011 at 2:11 Quote
robloveshiskona wrote:
Eclat bondi rims, aro and straight wall, brought these at first expecting them to last a long time, over a year later both the front and rear had cracked along the welded seem, over all a strong rim while they lasted and they remained completely true but over all very disappointed in them as the front had had comparatively very little abuse.

Eclat tibia cranks, Simple, Strong & light, been running mine for nearly a year and a half with out any problems at all, little bit of locktite on the bolt and you will never have to even worry about them coming lose either. would recommend to anyone
The rims have been alright for me and I'm very very rough on my rims mostly front and this Eclat rounded wall has been... shit, I'll never get another.

Posted: Jun 17, 2011 at 8:21 Quote
Updated. Thanks guys.

Posted: Jun 17, 2011 at 9:52 Quote
streetparkrider wrote:
sherbet wrote:
ISuckAtBikes wrote:
Redline device cranks: 9/10

Locktite the bolts and they'll hold on for ages longer. Make sure to use blue not red.
is locktite safe for titanium spindle and titanium bolt that keeps gettin loose.. i mite of asked u before but i forget Razz
Im pretty sure it'll be fine for Ti. Don't use it on the spindle though, just the bolts.

Sherb: I tried that, and it did increase the time to about 3 months, instead of like 2 weeks. Lol.

Posted: Jun 17, 2011 at 18:29 Quote
ISuckAtBikes wrote:
streetparkrider wrote:
sherbet wrote:

Im pretty sure it'll be fine for Ti. Don't use it on the spindle though, just the bolts.

Sherb: I tried that, and it did increase the time to about 3 months, instead of like 2 weeks. Lol.

Do NOT use locktite on ti. Ti will seize to steel easily enough. I would suggest ti prep.

Remember the bolts thread onto the spindle.

Posted: Jun 17, 2011 at 18:58 Quote
sherbet wrote:
ISuckAtBikes wrote:
streetparkrider wrote:

Do NOT use locktite on ti. Ti will seize to steel easily enough. I would suggest ti prep.

posted this in the other parts thread but just postin it in here too:
Anyone know how to make a homemade hub guard?
i'm a cheap ass motherf*cker who doesnt want to spend money..
i'm actually broke Razz

Posted: Jun 17, 2011 at 19:10 Quote
Cut up an old cutting board...

Shadow Halflink v2: streches like a mofo and then snaps on the way down my drive way...

Posted: Jun 17, 2011 at 19:52 Quote
oecta wrote:
Cut up an old cutting board...

Shadow Halflink v2: streches like a mofo and then snaps on the way down my drive way...
I HATE SNAPPING CHAINS!

i did it at joyride and almost died

Posted: Jun 17, 2011 at 19:58 Quote
I did a faceplant and can barely move my knee... and it was only on my drive way...

Posted: Jun 17, 2011 at 20:02 Quote
i was going up the roll in at the resi and hit my knee of the stem in fell down the roll in

Posted: Jun 17, 2011 at 20:06 Quote
sherbet wrote:
ISuckAtBikes wrote:
streetparkrider wrote:

But for ti to ti? Cause both the bolts and spindle are ti

Posted: Jun 17, 2011 at 20:10 Quote
Anyway, back on topic.
Kink Lynx bars
Amazing bars. These have taken abuse really well. I've only had em for about 5 months, so no idea how they'll last, but I love them. They feel nice, and are about the lightest bars out there, if you're into light parts.

Posted: Jun 17, 2011 at 20:10 Quote
ISuckAtBikes wrote:
Anyway, back on topic.
Kink Lynx bars
Amazing bars. These have taken abuse really well. I've only had em for about 5 months, so no idea how they'll last, but I love them. They feel nice, and are about the lightest bars out there, if you're into light parts.
meeeh i like the ty high im considering buying them

Posted: Jun 17, 2011 at 20:15 Quote
dob-status wrote:
ISuckAtBikes wrote:
Anyway, back on topic.
Kink Lynx bars
meeeh i like the ty high im considering buying them
It's all about personal preference.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014974
Mobile Version of Website