Powered by Outside

New Kona- Should i change anything on it?

PB Forum :: Downhill
New Kona- Should i change anything on it?
Posted: Dec 9, 2007 at 20:11 Quote
wtp51 wrote:
pipes10 wrote:
wtp51 wrote:

what are codes?

brakes

oh well i went downhilling three times since i got it in the past 2 weeks and my front brakes squeek really loud and dont really do much

the reason why the brakes are squeaking so much is because you might not have broken them in.
if you are truely new to DH just leave your bike, the cost of upgrades is not worth it when you just got the bike.
wait until something brakes then upgrade.

Posted: Dec 9, 2007 at 20:15 Quote
your frame.

just playing.... I rode a kona for 2 years and I'm not a fan, but they are some of the best selling bikes and lots of people love them so I'm not going to even start that debate.

Posted: Dec 9, 2007 at 20:17 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:
being this new to the sport, not knowing what codes are even, i would leave it stock. you wont notice any changes for the money and theres nothing wrong with whats on it

yea man he is right... that bike is sick and there are hundreds of people who would love to have it the way it is...

Posted: Dec 9, 2007 at 20:18 Quote
vinceliberatore wrote:
your frame.

nice camels

Posted: Dec 9, 2007 at 20:19 Quote
wutang wrote:
wtp51 wrote:
pipes10 wrote:

brakes

oh well i went downhilling three times since i got it in the past 2 weeks and my front brakes squeek really loud and dont really do much

the reason why the brakes are squeaking so much is because you might not have broken them in.
if you are truely new to DH just leave your bike, the cost of upgrades is not worth it when you just got the bike.

im guessing u have hayes? they like that... juicy's are a good choice if u want toget rid of the hayes

Posted: Dec 9, 2007 at 20:22 Quote
konarrider2007 wrote:
wutang wrote:
wtp51 wrote:

im guessing u have hayes? they like that... juicy's are a good choice if u want toget rid of the hayes

i just checked and they are shimano deore xt

Posted: Dec 9, 2007 at 20:23 Quote
wtp51 wrote:
konarrider2007 wrote:
wutang wrote:

it has to be the newness... i have deores on my slalom bike and they did that too

i just checked and they are shimano deore xt

Posted: Dec 9, 2007 at 20:30 Quote
wtp51 wrote:
888fork wrote:
upgrade to a fox dhx 5.0

what would be the difference from what i have now

it would feel a ton better and it has way more adjustments. unlike the one you have now.

Posted: Dec 9, 2007 at 20:32 Quote
888fork wrote:
wtp51 wrote:
888fork wrote:
upgrade to a fox dhx 5.0

what would be the difference from what i have now

it would feel a ton better and it has way more adjustments. unlike the one you have now.

how much would it be

Posted: Dec 9, 2007 at 20:32 Quote
new around 300 used around 200

Posted: Dec 9, 2007 at 20:33 Quote
no way a fox dhx 5.0 will put you out around 450

Posted: Dec 9, 2007 at 20:37 Quote
if i were to get one should i get the same size as the one i have now (8.5) or get a larger one

Posted: Dec 9, 2007 at 20:42 Quote
let me ask this, how long have you been riding? what can you pull? this will help people understand what will be helpful to you

Posted: Dec 9, 2007 at 20:43 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:
let me ask this, how long have you been riding? what can you pull? this will help people understand what will be helpful to you

i've been riding bmx for a year and a half and as far as mountain biking i havent really done anything significant, only taken it off of a few drops, highest being about 5 feet

Posted: Dec 9, 2007 at 20:50 Quote
lol, then its fine. emerse yourself in the mountain bike world, and then once you learn to ride well, you'll know by then what parts to buy. until then, if you must spend more money, buy yourself a nice helmet and some riding gear

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010952
Mobile Version of Website