What rims for my freeryde?

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
What rims for my freeryde?
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 28, 2011 at 5:41 Quote
SkyTsunami wrote:
Well after a long talk with the guys from chainreactions i reduced my options to two diferent sets of wheels.
Sun ringle single track or some mavic ex721
I have tested my self the sun ringle winter camo and must say you can punish then as hard as you can and they dont complain, in the other hand the mavic ex721 they look bomb proof but because the diference on the price i will give a try to the sun ringle( £265 for the wheel set)

EX721 rims - $136
Superstar Hubs- $125 (or $270 if u wanna get crazy)
spokes+nips- $50
=311 Canadian = 225 EUR. (or 330 if u wanna get crazy)

Posted: Sep 28, 2011 at 9:46 Quote
I use Mavic EX823 built up with Hadley Hubs front/rear, and DT Swiss Champion spokes and I'm really impressed at how strong the combo is. I'm not saying its the strongest or the lightest but I use my Rune for AM/FR/DH and have had a few situations where I thought for sure the rim would need replacing or truing. All I did was pick pick up the bike a keep riding. I have no experience with EX721 but based off the experience I have with my Mavics I wouldn't be afraid to buy them again. The Hadleys are nice too. I went with them because all I read in reviews was that they roll well, last long, are easy to maintain, and they didn't cost me an arm and a leg.

Posted: Sep 29, 2011 at 6:16 Quote
the-real-me wrote:
still go with the 721's. You will be riding them for ever. I have rebuilt several single tracks because of only slightly more then typical trail riding damage.
Thanks a lot for the advise mate I think I will, even the difference on price is not much

Posted: Sep 29, 2011 at 12:17 Quote
I will get some mavic ex721, but now i need help on this, https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=124348

Posted: Oct 8, 2011 at 14:19 Quote
Well i got some different rims equivalent to mavic 721
photo
Halo 4xr

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013050
Mobile Version of Website