Powered by Outside

'08 Blur LT w/ '08 36mm Talas

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
'08 Blur LT w/ '08 36mm Talas
Posted: Dec 12, 2007 at 22:10 Quote
JakubSJSU wrote:
DavidMakalaster wrote:
I have to admit that I steal them pretty often but she rides with me a lot, goes on most of my trips, and her dad is filthy rich so everything works out in my favor. That Blur has gotten her to some pretty remote romantic locations with me if you catch my drift.

LoL Baw-Chika-WowWoW Pimp Does she have a sister? Cool

Yeah. If you're 14.

Posted: Dec 12, 2007 at 22:11 Quote
Nice bike. I've pondered the switch from a heckler to a blur lt for the vpp benefit. I like to pedal alot as well!

Posted: Dec 12, 2007 at 22:12 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:
JakubSJSU wrote:
DavidMakalaster wrote:
I have to admit that I steal them pretty often but she rides with me a lot, goes on most of my trips, and her dad is filthy rich so everything works out in my favor. That Blur has gotten her to some pretty remote romantic locations with me if you catch my drift.

Yeah. If you're 14.

Jail

Posted: Dec 12, 2007 at 22:14 Quote
b0cephus wrote:
Nice bike. I've pondered the switch from a heckler to a blur lt for the vpp benefit. I like to pedal alot as well!

It's my AM bike so I really appreciate the VPP! tup

By the way ... hella nice Jackal man!

Posted: Dec 12, 2007 at 22:20 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:
JakubSJSU wrote:
DavidMakalaster wrote:

Yeah. If you're 14.

woo-hoo! That's me! Okay, I just killed it, but you are damn lucky your girlfriend rides. Mine does water polo????? When did that even become a sport.....

Posted: Dec 12, 2007 at 22:23 Quote
I'm running a dhx 5.0 on my heckler, so I get the platform benefit, but vpp is nice. Is that an rp23 on your blur? How do you like it?

Posted: Dec 12, 2007 at 22:26 Quote
b0cephus wrote:
I'm running a dhx 5.0 on my heckler, so I get the platform benefit, but vpp is nice. Is that an rp23 on your blur? How do you like it?

RP23 is great ... easy location to switch from squish to pro-pedal. Pro-Pedal can be adjusted to 3 levels of stiffness. Haven't blown/stuck it down yet! I love wearing armor/full-face and still killing all these gaf's on stumpy's and moto-lite's on the uphills!

Posted: Dec 12, 2007 at 22:27 Quote
Good call on the tubeless chunders as well. I have those on my Heckler now, and they kill!! Predictable drift, more grip than the Enduro's and they pedal the same.

Posted: Dec 12, 2007 at 22:30 Quote
b0cephus wrote:
Good call on the tubeless chunders as well. I have those on my Heckler now, and they kill!! Predictable drift, more grip than the Enduro's and they pedal the same.
Really?! I'm glad to hear i'm heading in the right direction. Not to mention you can't mess with Specialized's tire satisfaction guarantee. I just slid my foot in the door at SBCU to help out with their mountain rides, i'll try to swindle a pair of chunders for the help Razz I like both your heckler and jackal a lot ... we have similar taste! Cook

Posted: Dec 12, 2007 at 22:47 Quote
JakubSJSU wrote:
Rockshox Pike ... aww gahd! "the earth is not flat" thanks Capt. obvious!

I tried the Pike on the new Pitch this weekend. Why do I have to keep turning that damn U-Turn thing 'till my fingers hurt? So not-on-the-fly! Confused

Haha. Yah, we'll talk more when you're gonna sell the Fox to get a Pike.
Not gonna be long.

Posted: Dec 12, 2007 at 22:56 Quote
dracones wrote:
JakubSJSU wrote:
Rockshox Pike ... aww gahd! "the earth is not flat" thanks Capt. obvious!

I tried the Pike on the new Pitch this weekend. Why do I have to keep turning that damn U-Turn thing 'till my fingers hurt? So not-on-the-fly! Confused

Haha. Yah, we'll talk more when you're gonna sell the Fox to get a Pike.
Not gonna be long.

not happening ... ever. But please humor me, why is the Pike better than a Fox 36? 2 cents

My understanding is that I have 20 mm's of more practical adjust-ability with 4 mm thicker stanchion's to displace bigger hits and hi-speed compression adjust-ability for responsive single-track riding at only .1 lb more than a 454 Pike. I'm no math-magician but that adds up to a better shock in my book.

Posted: Dec 12, 2007 at 23:04 Quote
HAHAH, I think hes got you dracones!

Posted: Dec 12, 2007 at 23:12 Quote
Hummeroid wrote:

lol bitch please I'm from the bay ... Whip we started this mt. bike shit! Wink

Posted: Dec 12, 2007 at 23:15 Quote
JakubSJSU wrote:
Hummeroid wrote:

All yall did was ride cruisers down dirt roads. BIIIIIIG DEAL.lol

Posted: Dec 12, 2007 at 23:22 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:
JakubSJSU wrote:
Hummeroid wrote:

All yall did was ride cruisers down dirt roads. BIIIIIIG DEAL.lol

hahahah quite the understatement but true! It's like saying Einstein only created the theory of relativity and never proved it ... big deal Einstein, go play hide and go f* yourself!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010642
Mobile Version of Website