Powered by Outside

Skateboarders

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Skateboarders
  • Next Page
Posted: Nov 3, 2011 at 11:39 Quote
Here's some general rules about dealing with skaters: at first always be nice. treat them as you would like to be treated. if someone is a dick to you: be a dick right back. don't take any shit from them. if they start gettin in your face: Don't back down. As soon as they think they can mess with you, they will. "The skatepark is kinda like jail: on your first day you should punch out the biggest guy so everyone knows not to mess you with you."

Posted: Nov 3, 2011 at 12:02 Quote
hahaha havent heard that yet

Posted: Nov 3, 2011 at 19:08 Quote
you have to look at the chain, we are to skaters what scooters are to us. it's a pretty basic breakdown when it comes to skateparks.

skateboarders don't land thing very often, they don't get to go very often, they focus on one obstacle more so than we do (generally), but a big thing is they don't have the manoeuvrability that we do.

BMX's often land skatepark tricks, move way faster and stop way faster than skateboards do, can cover the entire skatepark in 5 minutes while hitting every obstacle

SCOOTERS are like the f*cking plague, they start moving / stop too fast, they drop in too easily, they don't pay very much attention because after all, if THEY'RE getting hit, they can stop.

another thing about bikes is our pegs absolutely DEMOLISH ledges if we're not careful. if we have a bad grind we dig into the concrete ledge (even if there's coping, pegs are often longer than it) and bring up little clouds of concrete dust behind us. we f*cking suck.

you do sometimes get an inconsiderate skater, but mostly because they're fed up and have been fed up for years. we snake skaters so often we don't even realize, because when they're going for something, most of the time they're hardly noticable.
to them, we drop in too randomly/easily, we move to fast, and we just generally cover more area than they do, therefore were OBVIOUSLY going to snake them more than they snake us.

i've spoke to a ton of skaters who have gotten in my face, and in general they're just frustrated, you need to look at this whole thing very literally and forget the whole "bikes > skates" thing. we're way more of a hassle to them than they are to us, trust me.

my take on scooters is it's almost a good thing, it gives skaters and riders something to hate on together haha

Posted: Nov 3, 2011 at 20:36 Quote
this is how i look at it, skateboarders take awhile to learn new tricks, what i'm saying is, think in there point of view. it will take them awhile to land something (usually) imagine you getting in there way, clearly they might get a little upset. but i will say this. A dude that looses his cool easily, isn't a cool dude. so i wouldn't be worried about it. i have plenty of close friends that are avid skateboarders, although our sports are worlds apart. we learn from each other everytime we go ride.

Posted: Nov 3, 2011 at 21:01 Quote
i never have much trouble with skaters at my local parks. its the scooter kids that are a pain.Mad

Posted: Nov 3, 2011 at 21:20 Quote
There's only one skater here that thinks he's 100% in the right all the time. I would be riding, fly and do the big hip transfer and this kid would lose it saying I cut him off and all this shit. He was sittig down.

He's tried to fight me too. Such a bitch.

Posted: Nov 4, 2011 at 13:59 Quote
I skate and ride. I have mutual respect for both. Riders take bigger slams and but aren't as technical. Skaters are slower but at the same time they do a lot more on the boards in my opinion. And as far as the cancer in my city it's frat boys they're always asking me to do tricks for them.

Posted: Nov 4, 2011 at 14:01 Quote
You hit the nail on the head on that one buddy.

ianfleming wrote:
you have to look at the chain, we are to skaters what scooters are to us. it's a pretty basic breakdown when it comes to skateparks.

skateboarders don't land thing very often, they don't get to go very often, they focus on one obstacle more so than we do (generally), but a big thing is they don't have the manoeuvrability that we do.

BMX's often land skatepark tricks, move way faster and stop way faster than skateboards do, can cover the entire skatepark in 5 minutes while hitting every obstacle

SCOOTERS are like the f*cking plague, they start moving / stop too fast, they drop in too easily, they don't pay very much attention because after all, if THEY'RE getting hit, they can stop.

another thing about bikes is our pegs absolutely DEMOLISH ledges if we're not careful. if we have a bad grind we dig into the concrete ledge (even if there's coping, pegs are often longer than it) and bring up little clouds of concrete dust behind us. we f*cking suck.

Hit the nail on the head with that one buddy. In the south there's really no animosity towards either we all know each other.
you do sometimes get an inconsiderate skater, but mostly because they're fed up and have been fed up for years. we snake skaters so often we don't even realize, because when they're going for something, most of the time they're hardly noticable.
to them, we drop in too randomly/easily, we move to fast, and we just generally cover more area than they do, therefore were OBVIOUSLY going to snake them more than they snake us.

i've spoke to a ton of skaters who have gotten in my face, and in general they're just frustrated, you need to look at this whole thing very literally and forget the whole "bikes > skates" thing. we're way more of a hassle to them than they are to us, trust me.

my take on scooters is it's almost a good thing, it gives skaters and riders something to hate on together haha

Posted: Nov 7, 2011 at 21:00 Quote
DJQMCBonez wrote:
when somone is trying to insult a skater they usually call them wood pushers... lol

you nasty wood pusher Wink

Posted: Nov 9, 2011 at 13:29 Quote
Hater's gonna hate,

Skaters gonna skate.

Posted: Nov 9, 2011 at 13:46 Quote
in our town we don't even have a skate park yet :L (its coming though!) so there are hardly any. the few there are are cool though

Posted: Nov 9, 2011 at 22:26 Quote
Musguelha16 wrote:
Hater's gonna hate,

Skaters gonna skate.
haters gonna skate,
skaters gonna hate.:P lol

Posted: Nov 19, 2011 at 13:53 Quote
I skated for like 4 years before bikes came around so I know all of the skaters here. In fact last night a kid asked to play me in S.K.A.T.E. so I jumped on a board and I won (to my surprise). Maybe that helps. lol But, yea I go ride street with skaters all the time. It's only because I know every skater in my town though. Now the skaters that come from other towns are a different story.....

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017121
Mobile Version of Website