Powered by Outside

Kansas city area roll call!

PB Forum :: USA - Rockies & Midwest
Kansas city area roll call!
  • Next Page
Posted: Jun 29, 2013 at 4:29 Quote
I have not ridden the clinton river trail or Clinton Lake yet. I hear Clinton is quite technical as is Perry. I just started riding last Fall so my skills are sub par yet. I do alright but I tend to ride better by myself than with others. Also I'm not quite sure I like riding clipped in on the trails. It just feels like it makes me fall more in some situations. I run flats on my SS 29'er Haro. That bike is kind of my LRT go to bike! My other ride is a Sette Reken 26 Hardtail that I run CrankBro's Candy's on.

Posted: Jun 29, 2013 at 8:07 Quote
Dont feel too bad, im having to work my way back into shape after a broken collarbone. I only ride platforms but ill make the switch eventually. I havent made it to perry lake yet but its on my to do list. By buddy just bought a SS specialized rigid frame and its a lot funner to ride than i anticipated.

Posted: Jul 7, 2013 at 9:33 Quote
I'm just south of the Plaza here. Who rides the Trolley Track?

Posted: Jul 19, 2013 at 22:42 Quote
Put the other set of Candy's on my 29'er this week. It's taking a lil bit to get used to but I'm comfortable riding them for now.

I want to get out to SMP sometime and give that trail system a go. Think i'd do alright with a single speed on it? Gearing 36t x 18t.

Posted: Dec 7, 2013 at 8:17 Quote
Manhattan KS here, the river trail out here isn't too bad we also have some amazing dirt jumps called holiday trails! I mainly bmx but just bought my self a bottle rocket looking to get into free riding, slope style, and downhill!

Posted: Jul 9, 2015 at 10:55 Quote
I know this is an older thread but I'm wondering what the exact location of the dirt jump place in Lawrence is. I've never done dj but I enjoy watching it.

Is there some dj beginer type lines there?

Posted: Jul 9, 2015 at 10:57 Quote
rynoman03 wrote:
I have not ridden the clinton river trail or Clinton Lake yet. I hear Clinton is quite technical as is Perry. I just started riding last Fall so my skills are sub par yet. I do alright but I tend to ride better by myself than with others. Also I'm not quite sure I like riding clipped in on the trails. It just feels like it makes me fall more in some situations. I run flats on my SS 29'er Haro. That bike is kind of my LRT go to bike! My other ride is a Sette Reken 26 Hardtail that I run CrankBro's Candy's on.

Loling at myself. I only ride clipped in now and I love Clinton lake and the tech section.

Posted: Jul 25, 2015 at 20:36 Quote
rynoman03 wrote:
rynoman03 wrote:

Loling at myself. I only ride clipped in now and I love Clinton lake and the tech section.

Are the Clinton trails back in action? Last I knew (In May) they were all torn up from that mud run event. I'm in Manhattan, but work in/have family in Topeka. Wouldn't mind hitting some of the trails that way. Just had heard Clinton was totaled last time I checked.

Posted: Aug 13, 2015 at 16:34 Quote
It was thrashed pretty good but I think they fixed it.

O+
Posted: Nov 13, 2015 at 11:57 Quote
Im originally from Lenexa. Im currently down in Oklahoma City. Any of you guys want to come down and try out some OK red dirt? It makes a spectacular trail surprisingly.

Lot of lakes around here have awesome trail networks.

Posted: Nov 13, 2015 at 16:32 Quote
I rode the LandRun 100 down in Stillwater last year. I grew up an hour away from Enid. Right north of the line. So i've seen some red dirt in my day lol.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013809
Mobile Version of Website