Powered by Outside

Freeride trails in Utah??

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Freeride trails in Utah??
Posted: Dec 20, 2007 at 12:03 Quote
Sweet - I'll have to stop by the shop sometime too - After Christmas though.
For any of the Utahans interested, I'm trying to get a network of riders and start doing some trail maintenance and building - actually getting permission to do it, too, so they don't tear down our work. Since nothing can be done during the winter, I'm just getting the word out now - in the spring I want to start organizing rides and all that. If you're interested, check out the page I threw together - LINK

O+
Posted: Dec 20, 2007 at 14:04 Quote
nmpearson wrote:
yeah dude, i'll tell one of the guys to be in there x-mas eve. we don't have a ton yet, just some parts and a few bikes, but we can get anything and we just charge msrp as compared to most of the bikeshops in the area
If you guys were going to be closed then be closed, haha. just wanted to drop in and see where you were at so I know where to take my bike whenever I'm up north.

Posted: Jan 28, 2008 at 10:54 Quote
I know this is an old thread, but you guys missed some primo trails.

one of the more commonly ridden "freeride" trails is Bobsled. thats a helluva fun time. its up in the aves in slc.

also up I street is the DJ/FR park. tons of great jumps drops and berms. have fun.

Posted: Jan 28, 2008 at 11:55 Quote
oh yeah...well everyone knows about those. eagle mountain should be freakin awesome this year along with i guess a trail off the point of the mountain. my shop is planning on doing an urban downhill race down through byu campus(mostly to annoy the police) then we're gonna come back to the shop for a grand opening with bbq and a band or two. we want to try to get 30-50 riders cruising through campus. we're pretty excited. i'll post here in about a month when we get it planned though...oh another plug...if anyone needs a good bike, we carry transition, canfield, black market, norco, and a few different bmx brands-number is 801-691-0250

Posted: Jan 28, 2008 at 15:49 Quote
Everyone knows about them eh. Comon man, at least try and be helpful and not a dick.

Im just responding to a post and noticed that the trails were missing. They are good rides none the less. And eagle mountain? I didnt know there were any good trails out there...

and your going to urban to piss off the police? I wouldnt necessarily think thats a good thing to ride for, especially since you are representing a shop.

Posted: Jan 28, 2008 at 19:10 Quote
dang dude, what's wrong with you...that wasn't a prickish statement. yeah eagle mountain they're building a bunch of stuff. there's a post in the general section of utahmountainbiking.com...and fyi...i own the shop and we're not doing it to specifically piss them off. we all really want to do it. they're just not gonna like it. that's dope that you're part of the transition grassroots team. you should come ride...there's gonna be a bunch of transitions down here.

Posted: Jan 28, 2008 at 19:31 Quote
cedar is the bomb to many trials so little time.

Posted: Jan 29, 2008 at 8:47 Quote
We're coo man. It just kind of came off like that. Its all good in the hood!

When is your ride planned?

O+
Posted: Jan 29, 2008 at 13:25 Quote
Urban at byu... that sounds fantastic! keep us up to date and I will for sure head up north for that!

Posted: Sep 10, 2008 at 8:16 Quote
There's a new trail in Little Cottonwood that kicks ass! If you want to ride it sometime, let me know and I can show ya the way! haha

Posted: Jan 6, 2009 at 11:49 Quote
allenjweston wrote:
There's a new trail in Little Cottonwood that kicks ass! If you want to ride it sometime, let me know and I can show ya the way! haha
Where is the little cottonwood trail? I have ridden the xc one from the bottom but is there a legit downhill?
thanks

Posted: Jan 6, 2009 at 15:57 Quote
biking435 wrote:
allenjweston wrote:
Where is the little cottonwood trail? I have ridden the xc one from the bottom but is there a legit downhill?
thanks

Dude, legit doesnt even begin to describe it. Its a VERY good trail. You start up at the top of the canyon and exit at the top of the temple quarry trail.

Depending on how long you have to ride, you can drop in at Tanners Flat, White Pine, Snowbird (where I usually drop in) or even Alta.

I would almost say a 6" bike is required, but i've seen it done on hardtails. Its a sick trail.

O+ FL
Posted: Jan 6, 2009 at 15:58 Quote
i live half the year in utah mostly the winter. St George all the way bud cant go wrong. I got the best of both worlds BC and UTAH

Posted: Jan 6, 2009 at 19:57 Quote
veggiemaster wrote:
biking435 wrote:
allenjweston wrote:
thanks

Dude, legit doesnt even begin to describe it. Its a VERY good trail. You start up at the top of the canyon and exit at the top of the temple quarry trail.

Depending on how long you have to ride, you can drop in at Tanners Flat, White Pine, Snowbird (where I usually drop in) or even Alta.

I would almost say a 6" bike is required, but i've seen it done on hardtails. Its a sick trail.
Thanks I have heard about a trail that comes into the little cottonwood I just haven't known where to start--I would like to try it this summer

Posted: Jan 8, 2009 at 10:18 Quote
For sure man. Hit Allen or I up and we'll show you the trail! Its off the chain!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016453
Mobile Version of Website