General DH Discussion
Posted: May 1, 2012 at 15:20 Quote
Great minds think alike....

Posted: May 1, 2012 at 15:23 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
Great minds think alike....

So true Salute

Posted: May 1, 2012 at 15:44 Quote
I just gave the Vivair to my homie KyleJ for his dh bike and never bothered getting it to fit on my DHR. That said, I did the tuning for his Voltage so I did ride it around. The Vivair isn't a bad shock my any means but I definitely prefer my Vectair for a few reasons.

1. Easily rebuild-able. Just pop off the can and slick honey the seals. If you try to pull a Vivair apart, you're gonna have a bad time.
2. Easily customize-able. I'm running a negative air volume spacer on mine to help keep the initial travel plush and stictionless. And a special shim stack courtesy of grand master wizard MikeD
3. X-Fusion HQ is literally at the base of my backyard trails and all the homies that work there are f*ckin' rad people

Posted: May 1, 2012 at 15:53 Quote
iggys wrote:
I just gave the Vivair to my homie KyleJ for his dh bike and never bothered getting it to fit on my DHR. That said, I did the tuning for his Voltage so I did ride it around. The Vivair isn't a bad shock my any means but I definitely prefer my Vectair for a few reasons.

1. Easily rebuild-able. Just pop off the can and slick honey the seals. If you try to pull a Vivair apart, you're gonna have a bad time.
2. Easily customize-able. I'm running a negative air volume spacer on mine to help keep the initial travel plush and stictionless. And a special shim stack courtesy of grand master wizard MikeD
3. X-Fusion HQ is literally at the base of my backyard trails and all the homies that work there are f*ckin' rad people
You can pop off the can on a vivair easy, lubing seals take all of 15mins

Posted: May 1, 2012 at 15:54 Quote
voltagejosh wrote:
iggys wrote:

You can pop off the can on a vivair easy, lubing seals takes all of 15mins

Posted: May 1, 2012 at 16:00 Quote
Well I suppose they fixed that then... I had one of the first run pre-production Vivair's and once you pulled that thing apart it would never ride the same, over-the-top complexity

Posted: May 1, 2012 at 16:19 Quote
Hmm must have mines fine after a service

Posted: May 1, 2012 at 21:06 Quote
subd to look for more potato action and advice

Posted: May 1, 2012 at 21:49 Quote
downhiller900sl wrote:
subd to look for more potato action and advice
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://chriskeeney.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/ralph-howell-potato-as-pinhole-camera.jpg

Posted: May 2, 2012 at 14:49 Quote
Anyone having issues with their Boxxer WC's?
Mine seem to have developed some sag, or at least they don't rebound all the way.
They don't use the last inch of travel.
If I bottom them out a few times eventually they pop to full travel.
What's up with that?

Posted: May 3, 2012 at 6:05 Quote
Well let's discuss DH, I'm building my DHR and I don't any experience in setting chainline, is there a way to tell whether it's setup right or how to get there? Thanks!

O+
Posted: May 3, 2012 at 15:36 Quote
downhiller900sl wrote:
Well let's discuss DH, I'm building my DHR and I don't any experience in setting chainline, is there a way to tell whether it's setup right or how to get there? Thanks!
wasnt there a tech tuesday about that? my friend keeps adding spacers until the chain is straight at 6th or 5th gear because thats like the average gear

Posted: May 3, 2012 at 19:38 Quote
I have 2 bb spacers on the driveside and I run my chainring on the inside tabs of my crankarm.

Posted: May 3, 2012 at 20:46 Quote
iggys wrote:
I have 2 bb spacers on the driveside and I run my chainring on the inside tabs of my crankarm.

all right but, what im supposed to align the chainring with?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.090118
Mobile Version of Website