Powered by Outside

[Help] Chain Tention

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
[Help] Chain Tention
Posted: Jul 16, 2012 at 13:08 Quote
Haha, fair enough man, it is when you argue the wrong point people get pissy haha. Razz

Posted: Jul 16, 2012 at 13:17 Quote
ya true, im only 17 and taught myself everything i know and im now a bike mechanic, bikes isnt a hobby, its a passion, simple.. but your chain tension thing, the only real points i could think of have been said, if its really causing you a masive pain just replace the whole cog set, get a new rear cog, new chainring and new chain.. sumins probs just worn out mate

Posted: Jul 16, 2012 at 13:22 Quote
If its a straight swap the only issue would be in the front end of the drivetrain, rear end makes feck all difference.... As it was a straight swap, something either got damaged, or hasnt gone on right,

Posted: Jul 16, 2012 at 17:36 Quote
i had the same problem, my spindle was a bit bent and cause it to be super tight and super loose. Check that out, and ur chainwheel for sure, dont know what else u could do

Posted: Jul 16, 2012 at 17:39 Quote
James-Carey wrote:
so basically a chain tight spot... cranks are flush, and the sprocket spins straight?

Sprocket is slightly off, no more then it was before i swapped BB's but the tension is so bad now that its tight to the point i think the chain may snap to where when its loose it could catch and pop the chain off the ring

Posted: Jul 16, 2012 at 17:43 Quote
check ur spindle, mine was like that

Posted: Jul 16, 2012 at 17:47 Quote
bmx-33 wrote:
check ur spindle, mine was like that

if my spindle is bent slightly my crankarm would move aswell right, thats the only way i can really tell... cause it sure doesn't feel bent

Posted: Jul 17, 2012 at 1:50 Quote
have you got another set of cranks hanging about on another bike to try them out?

Posted: Jul 17, 2012 at 5:44 Quote
James-Carey wrote:
have you got another set of cranks hanging about on another bike to try them out?

cranks yes, spindle no

Posted: Jul 17, 2012 at 13:00 Quote
anyone you could borrow off?

Posted: Jul 17, 2012 at 18:00 Quote
James-Carey wrote:
anyone you could borrow off?

Nope fixed the problem....

* note to self * Do not install new BB when drinking.....

I forgot the spacer between the chainring and the spindle

Posted: Jul 17, 2012 at 18:03 Quote
i was jus going to say that cause i had the same problem earlyer in the year and i was missing the little tophat spacer that goes inbetween the sprocket and spindle was missing

Posted: Jul 17, 2012 at 18:13 Quote
Element30kid wrote:
i was jus going to say that cause i had the same problem earlyer in the year and i was missing the little tophat spacer that goes inbetween the sprocket and spindle was missing

yeah just a minor f*ckup, atleast i didn't go spending cash on parts i dont need

Posted: Jul 18, 2012 at 3:46 Quote
haha, drinking... I thought you might have noticed the f*ck off wobble on the chanring Wink

Posted: Jul 18, 2012 at 6:18 Quote
James-Carey wrote:
haha, drinking... I thought you might have noticed the f*ck off wobble on the chanring Wink

a few days too late Frown

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011918
Mobile Version of Website